Wismec Reuleaux RX200 Not Firing

I have a friend on another forum that had the same problem. She had to return it. Apperantly there are some issues with it. message me an email address and I’ll send you an article she pasted into a message to me regarding wismec

I just got my RX 2/3 about 2 weeks ago and was using a cubis pro tank on it fine. Just bought a Uwell Crown V1 tank and now I keep getting atomizer low error message, and have changed the coil and still getting the error. Is there like a known problem with this? Is it the tank or the box?

I get this from time to time with mine as well. Got mine about 6 months ago and to fix it, for me, I simply pull the batteries out and put them back in and BLAMO, all is well in the world. When I first tried to reseach this issue I got nothing. Havent tried looking lately but the “pulling the batteries” thing has always worked for me.

My RX200 started doing that. At first it was erratic and eventually it was anything I put on it. Turned out to be the 510 connector. Replaced the connector with an upgraded Varitube version and good to go. Not the hardest thing to do, but far from the easiest. I also have the RX2/3 and the 510 connector on this one looks cheap too. Can’t understand why big companies like Eleaf, Joytech etc go so damn cheap in quality on the 510 when the cost of a better one is so cheap in price.

1 Like

Hi theres a good chance you have no clue what im talking about but im going to try and ask seeming i have ran out of options. i just got the wismec rx2/3 brand new off amazon. it was working fine for the 15 minutes of using it. as soon as i took the tank off and put it on my old mod i used before i got the new wismec product. and now it keeps saying no atomizer found
its not the tank im sure of it. im not sure if the messaged popped up saying ‘NEW COIL’ ‘‘RIGHT’’…’ SAME COIL ‘‘LEFT’’ i must of just fired and go but then message pops up saying no atomizer i have tried every option out there and still know whats wrong… please help,. thanks

The 2/3 is a bit of a fussy one (the 510 isn’t great). Try disconnect the atty hit the fire button reconnect the atty. You can also try to update the firmware. Also make sure that the pin in the centre of the wismec 510 is not stuck (press it with a small screwdriver make sure it moves). I find that the 2/3 just plain doesn’t like some attys (hopefully not the case with yours)

I put the Nfe ArcticFox firmware on my 2/3 and it is 1000 times better than the wismec firmware.

http://nfeteam.org/

1 Like

Speaking of the 2/3, mine crapped out a few hours ago and is giving me the “check battery” indicator with 2 sets of fully charged batteries. Any idea what the solution might be?

Wismec are known for awesome soldering (NOT) - check this one

2 Likes

And me without a solder gun…

Take it apart and see if that is the issue it may just need a clean out of juice - if needed you can get an iron for a few bucks at the hardware store

2 Likes

Curse the rx200! My IPV5 crapped out the other day at work(lasted 1 year, even dropped it in a catch basin and was fully submerged in water for 8-10minutes) and “luckily” i had an Rx200 in my car. I “had” a Rampage RDA with 3 316L claptons in it. Sweet build and flavor. Decided the frikkin RX was shite when i got home as there was a huge delay upon firing like no joke 2full seconds… Unscrewed my Rampage put it on my alien. Atomizer check! Hrmm. Tightened screws, still nothing. Unscrewed the rda to find the stupid f#%#! RX 510 had unlodged my Rampages 510 insulator. Like wtf wismec fuck off with your unfloating shallow 510!

3 Likes

I’m running into a similar problem with my Wismec dna250. The pin on the 510 is stuck. So it cannot read any of the atomizers.
Since the rx200 looks similar to mine I’d like to get some advice from anyone who changed the 510 connector.

Mine looks like this:

I have solder wire, a solder iron, and I have taken the mod apart.
My question is what are the best parts to use without too many complicated modifications?

I’ve seen some Youtubers use a drill to widen the 510 hole for the new replacement 510.
If you don’t mind, can you give some details? How did you go about working on this project? What parts did you purchase? Or what YouTube tutorial did you follow?

1 Like

I don’t know if the DNA version is any different. I doubt it. I have to warn you that trying to modify this thing was a major pain in the ass! You’ll need a soldering iron, drill with a step bit and a Dremel (preferably with a flex shaft) with a grinding stone.
taking it apart is pretty straight forward and you’ll have to desolder wires in order to remove the board. You have to remove the board because you’re going to shave a lot of metal from the underside of the connector area and you don’t want metal shavings coming into contact with your board. The Varitube 510 underside protrudes into the back of the battery sled so you need to shave some of the sled off. When you see the really thin wires you may want to upgrade those - up to you.
Personally, I wouldn’t try this again. Mistakes were made and things were said…

The connector I used at the time. Don’t know if there are shallower ones out there:
http://www.varitube.com/VT-510-V1-Connector--Self-adjusting-Center-Pin-_p_141.html

2 Likes

Fat daddy has a shorter one, not by much .75mm,chuckle,but could make a big difference, modmaker has a few more http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Mod-Making-Supplies/510-Connectors , their us vendor is http://brosciencevapes.com/parts/?sort=pricedesc&page=1 . If u dont mind appearance w/ atty off, it may also be a lot easier to fit it spaced toward the top of the mod versus inside the existing indent on the top of the mod. Gl to u!

3 Likes

It sure does sound like a pain in the ass. I do have two other mods. This one has been sitting collecting dust for months now. I just hate to see a good mod go to waste just because of the 510. I don’t mind the soldering. I just wish there was a replacement part that was the same size so I wouldn’t have to drill and shave off anything.
Thanks for the heads up guys!

3 Likes

During the past few days I’ve been working on and off on my little project. I thought everything was done well untill I wanted to try it. I put in the batteries. As soon as I put in that 3rd battery I saw smoke. Without firing or anything. I took all batteries out right away. I took it apart an saw one of the wires melted. Would anyone know why?

That top plastic part was shaved by a dremel rotary tool.
I’m guessing I damaged that red wire while shaving the area around it?

You were probably making contact with the chassis which is all metal, or one of the wires may have been over a screw hole and you screwed right on top of it.and it shorted. That sucks. Sorry brother.

2 Likes

I think this is what happened.

Since I damaged that wire, why not upgrade? What size did you use? The smallest I found was 20awg at Lowes.

1 Like