Wonder Flavors Tasting Notes

Even though it’s fresh, happy to share…

Don’t do flavour notes but pump out a heap of mixes, hope you don’t mind me bombarding with another mix @SessionDrummer.

It’s probably my form of notes, if that makes sense. :+1:

8 Likes

Whoa, whoa, whoa…
We can’t have pics or descriptions like that in the forum (you’ll have to PM us @marsh8)!!

6 Likes

5 Likes

Me too but that was so long ago I can’t remember what a kumquat tastes like. And you certainly don’t see 'em in the supermarkets around here.

4 Likes

No, I haven’t seen them for years over here either. Nana loved them and would make marmalade and tarts from them.
Not to be eaten raw from memory, they are bitter and sour without too much flesh. But if cooked right they are great.
They caused a few fights due to brothers throwing or shooting each other with them. Kumquats go far in a sling shot. :rofl:

6 Likes

Southern Sweet Tea (SC) (WF) 3.5% (8-02-20) – Having had one of the BEST Sweet Tea flavors before, I knew what COULD be done. This one had alot of the same elements of the aforementioned, but never really capitalized on them. There were tea notes in here, but not as pronounced as I have had elsewhere, and although good, the sweetener did have an almost honey aspect to it, that I got from the Baked Pineapple. Not overpowering, but I did continue to think “notes of honey” while vaping this. Average tasting would be fair here, with nothing off-putting except for my reception of the “honey notes”. Your tastes will vary, so you may not pick up on this. Nothing terrible, but not outstanding, so feels good at 6/10.

9 Likes

Bread (Sweet) (SC) (WF) 3.5% (8-02-20) – After having already tried Wonder Flavors Bread (Butter Toast), I wondered if the same bread would be present here, and it looks like it is. Now, that actually a good thing, as the “bread” can now be better analyzed. Def. a sweet bread, which may limit it’s use to some degree. It presented as a brown bread to me, with actually almost a bit of the crust in it, which floated in and out of perception during the vape. No butter, no toast, so true to it’s name. It was very good at this weight, with nothing pushing it off track. Not a whole wheat, but def. a somewhat dark, brown bread, without any yeast that could be perceived. All in, the sweetness at mid level may be it’s only limiting factor, and it was a good sweet, darker bread flavor. 9.1/10.

12 Likes

Corn Powder(SC) (WF) 1.75% (8-02-20) – OK, this is the SECOND flavor from the 2nd batch that I decided to half to 1.75% from the original 3.5%. At the higher 3.5%, I wasn’t getting any corn or powder, so re-testing halved. At this lower rate, sadly I was still not getting any corn or powder. It really didn’t change much for me after halving, perhaps lower intensity. At the minimum you would expect a powder to be drier, but it wasn’t really. I tried, and tried to extract some corn from this, but it didn’t show up for the party. No AP, no fritos, but still no corn. This was very hard to quantify, much like the egg yolk, as it evaded detection, and description. Lightly sweet, almost like a bland pudding, but even that is unsure. If you want a mystery vape, this one can do it for you. As for a corn powder, sadly, it’s just not here. 3/10.

9 Likes

Oh no :rofl: I haven’t tried the sweet tea yet, moves down the list

3 Likes

Well do me a favor @marsh8, move it back UP the list, and report back what you think. I think maybe if I’d never had another one, specifically a really good one, maybe it would have fared better.

3 Likes

I can do that for you brother, :+1: look at all the notes you’ve provided many a time :star_struck: :medal_military:
I’ll do it right now at 3.5% too.

All mixed! Just realised I’ve never had a tea vape before either. And definitely never had a southern sweet tea. Whatever that is?
I could pick up that note while I was mixing though, but we’ll see.
Will test properly tomorrow morning before work.

5 Likes

Wow, talk about FAST SERVICE !!! Please don’t go out of your way for me, hehe, BUT, I am very curious what you think. Again, wasn’t terrible, and I’m THINKING, if I had not tried “that other one” before, I would have had nothing to compare it to. Because I HAD tried “that other one”, I did have something to compare it to, and “the other one” was a 10/10.

5 Likes

Grape (Juice) (SC) (WF) 3.5% (8-02-20) – Was it real, was it candied, sodad ?? Well, the juries back, and it’s aboug 75% natural, with maybe 25% candied. Obviously leaning more towards a darker grape, this one had aspects of both a natural, and a candied. My current go to grape base uses the same approach so my mileage may vary more than yours, depending if you want a true natural grape or not. With that said, I think WF pulled it off nicely with this one, as although not overly complex, it did present as somewhat complex, for a grape. Mid to dark grape, with a slightly above mid level sweetness, with just a smidge of high end punch. Not quite the skin of the grape, but a lil’ punch on the top end, none the less. Very full at this weight, and honestly, I will be finishing the tester. Nothing crazy, floral, or perfumey, and actually hard to find any take-offs. For a nice darker grape juice that has aspects of both fresh juice and a hint of candied, this one will probably work for you. Handily a 9.5/10.

10 Likes

No problem at all! :smiley:

Couldn’t wait until tomorrow for it to settle, had to try it. The suspense was killing me, it’s been all of an hour or so… :rofl:

I was picking up a peach of the knuckle, so had to figure it out.

Agreed, not as pronounced in this flavour, and think it’s hidden by that ???peach. The peach didn’t come through in the vape as much as I tasted on the knuckle. Might have been swayed by the first test?
It reminds me of Liptons Peach Iced Tea that we have down under.

And I can’t find the other one at the moment.

4 Likes

Hmmm, thought I got that from BCF or NR.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the reviews as always! Definitely double thinking getting the whole sample pack now vs few stamd outs. With the Ooo sweet tea can you only get that from ooo? Do go looking but if you remember off the top please let me know. I’m not seeing it anywhere from the regular places.

4 Likes

Thank you very much @Gsnap, that always means a lot to me. As far as the OOO ST, I could have sworn I had picked it up from BCF or NR, but neither seem to have it now. OOO direct would be an easy buy. I’ll look around.

3 Likes

Funny, I remember eating them off the tree. This was in Florida. Are there different species? I don’t remember bitter.

5 Likes

I think there are a couple varieties, but could be wrong.

5 Likes

Stevia (WF) 2.0% (8-02-20) – OK, for my LAST trick (or flavor in this huge second run), I will now vape 2% Sweetener (Stevia), so you guys don’t have to !!! Stevia, stevia, how have I hated thee in the past ? Let me count the ways. Well, not entirely. For you non-Stevia’s Stevia wasn’t so great a while back, and always had a telltale after taste, that BORKED it, and always revealed itself. Enter Stevia Reb A, supposedly the sweetest part of the plant, AND, with no borky aftertastes. I only briefly dabbled with the Reb A, and do not know what concentration, nor Reb A may be in this concentrate from WF. All in, even at 2%, this is being tested SOLO, and it was good. I was not overpowered by it at this level, and great news, there was NO aftertaste (think Aspartame, Saccharin). NONE. Only for YOU guys, do I vape sweetener, solo, at 2%. As time wears on, I will do some testing, starting with fruits, and if success, move up to more complex mixes. As it stands, vaping a sweetener is boring, BUT, this was very good, sweet, but not overpowering, and had NO aftertaste. Not sure if a coil gunk check after 1 3ml tank will suffice for a gunker test. As a sweetener (never tested one before), I’m going to go high at 9.5/10.

12 Likes