Wonder Flavors Tasting Notes

#SignMeUp

2 Likes

Pistachio Cream (SC) (WF) 3.5% (8-28-19) – OK my old nemeis, let’s see what you’ve got. Having eaten pounds of P’s, but never having had great luck vaping it/them, was afraid to go back down this road again. I’m one of the few that for some reason Pistachio never translates well. In the bottle I was def. getting some kind of nutty (duh), and almost an AP offset ?? Vaping it, immediately hit me with a, “This tastes like Old Bay Seasoning” ?? !! OK, not exactly full ON Old Bay, but I kept getting that during the vape. Def. creamy, slightly sweet, plenty of nutty, but the AP/ Old Bay persisted. You’re going to have to vape this and report back, as this could just be an odd one for me. Nicely balanced, and although some Pistachio was IN the cards, it wasn’t ALL of the cards in this deck. Not a terrible vape, but I’ve had more on point Pistachios before (even if I didn’t care for them). A little heavy on the AP and/or Old Bay (yes, that’s what I get from it) for my tastes. Hard to guage this one, as it could be personal tastes, but will leave it at a 6/10 with a question mark beside it. You try, and report back.

11 Likes

Puff Cereal Cocoa (WF) 3.5% (8-28-19) – Cuckoo for Coco Puffs ?? I’m not sure if this is what they were going for or not, but this one, ain’t bad. Chocos are one of the harder flavors to get right in a vape, and Cocoa’s are as well. For me the main note in this one was Cocoa, and a very good one at that. Nice and somewhat thick even at this %. It didn’t taste like JUST cocoa, because there was some nice body to it. I didn’t get any real “cereal” per se, but Cocoa Puffs were not a “grainy” cereal, so not having that suprisingly doesn’t take away from it. No real graininess, but more of a nice, full medium dark cocoa that was very nicely sweetened. Nowhere too sweet, just sweet enough. Not sure how you would boost the “puff” part offhand, but maybe boosting it a bit might help. Will dose 2 tankfuls on this one to check for coil gunking, but the flavor is pretty damned clear, so THAT is quite interesting. There are a few elements in here swirling around that give it a fullness and body that I cannot identify, and the cocoa did not have any close taste-a-likes I could think of. Not bitter, dry, or artificial at all. How to grade this one, with the somewhat lacking “puffs”. Pretty darned good cocoa so it’s hard to push it down too far. For a great cocoa that’s clear, with some nice body this one does it nicely. 8/10.

10 Likes

I’ve tried this and agree with you. I didn’t think Old Bay but there’s a bit more savory in this than suits me.

2 Likes

Puff Cereal Frosted (WF) 3.5% (8-30=19) – Having tested the Puff Cereal Cocoa first and not getting loads of Puff, I can def. get it in this flavor. Smelling it, it is quite close, vaping it, is about 80% translated, so it smells a slight bit more than vaping it. Regardless, somewhat grainy, and not overloaded with AP has hints of maybe rice and corn, but both subtle. Somewhat sweet, and nicely full. It’s actually a nice base for a Puff. I can see why it was overshadowed by the Cocoa in the previous test. Wouldn’t call it a solo as it’s not interesting enough, but it does what it says. 8.5/10.

10 Likes

Sour Blue Raspberry (WF) 3.5% (9-01-19) – The first of the FINAL three for series two is on deck. This one HIT me as SOON as I tried it, and I loved it. You could def. solo this one, it was that good, but you might kick it up .5-1.0 percent. Seems there are more than a few Sour Blue Razz’s out there, and this one is near the top. Not overly sour, but it’s in there, sweeteness was good but not overboard, and the blue rasp was front and center, as you would expect. Not overly complex, but as a sweet/sour blue rasp it didn’t need to be. All three elements played in nice harmony, and I found it a nice break from my typical custard/bakeries. No need to blather on, as this WILL be re-ordered in a biggie. 9.5/10.

13 Likes

I dig your reviews and look forward to them every time. Since I have the SC sampler I’m more on the lookout for your SC reviews but I appreciate them all, for sure! You describe well.

7 Likes

I ordered some concentrates based on your rating session, let us see if our palate’s are similar, but not musical taste, I mean Heart? Yeesh!

3 Likes

Wow @anon70102222 that’s a lotta pressure hehe. I do appreciate that a lot. Look, let’s be honest, once you start steamrolling through 19 flavors in a series, things start to get blurry. 4 flavors ahead, wonder if maybe you shouldn’t have given that OTHER one a 3/10 LOL. I’d be happy to read any of your thoughts on these flavors, LOT other opinions.

LOL @anon44012888 you can report back on the flavor palate. I went kicking and screaming to the Heart show, BUT, left with a new respect. That’s never a bad thing at a concert.

6 Likes

Sour Gummy Candy (SC) (WF) 3.5% (9-02-19) – Testing this directly after the Sour Blue Raspberry I couldn’t help but wonder if some of this was in it. I believe it is the base the the aforementioned. This however did not have any raspberry or any clear fruit accents per the name. It was a nice sweet/sour/tart mix that was very even keeled. I have trouble picking up “gummy” notes in general and didn’t get many from this, but even with that, this could def. be used as a sweet/sour/tart base mixer for sure. Not harsh, despite the sour smelling stronger (in the bottle) than when vaping it. If I had to pick the most forward element it would be the sour/tart. Overall this will be used quite often in anything requiring a Sweet Sour Tart-ness. 8/10.

10 Likes

It will mute other flavors if you go above 2%, but I’m liking it where VT sour lemon isn’t what i’m needing. 1.5% is a nice compliment to CAP jelly candy.

5 Likes

Lucky number 19, last in the series.

White Chocolate Milky Cream (WF) 3.5% (9-019) – LAST one on deck. Having not tried very many WC’s but hearing rumors of chalky-ness literally had no clue what was in store with this one. Upon FRESH mixing, thought, “Ahhahhh I know what they put in their Smores Cupcakes …”. After this steeped however, that appeared NOT to be the case. None the less, this was a very nice, semi-rich, semi-sweet WC. Not sure it it was DIK free or not, but assuming it was, might have led to the not quite as rich as some would like aspect. No chalky-ness, bitterness or anything off-putting. At times I would get an almost slight sour note on the exhale, perhaps the sweetener maybe ?? Not sure, but it came and went. Would this fill your WC mixing needs ?? Sure. You could easily fatten it up a bit to richen it up if needed. For accuracy it sits cleanly at a 9.25/10, but for overall SF vaping, leaving it at 8.75/10.

10 Likes

I use this at that %. To me it tastes like battery acid. To the wife it is an excellent sour gummy. Go figure.

Her favorite gummy from WF is Cola Worms SC (I think that’s the name). It’s pretty good. Reminds me of those little bottle shaped cola candies.

7 Likes

I love the feedback @anon70102222. Keep it coming !!! Also I love those lil’ cola worms, maybe I should try that one next !!!

6 Likes

You should indeed. It’s another rare standalone that works best, er, alone. Needs nothing. Has all the notes of a cola candy flavoring along with the little intricacies that make that gummy worm vibe too. One they have done very well.

7 Likes

What % do you use for your GC/GCC mix? Thanking you in advance.

5 Likes

It depends on what effect I am looking for. I am generally between 0.50% to 1% each of GC and GCC. I like it subtle, if I am looking for more of a GC note I will go 0.75% each of GC and GCC and add in 0.50% CAP GC. CAP GC is the strongest of the 3 but is just missing something for me on its own. CAP for me has more cinnamon, TFA and FW have more cracker so they all have there uses.

4 Likes

Thanks. That gives me plenty to work with. Much appreciated. May all your mixes be great.

5 Likes

Your welcome and may all of your mixes be great as well :+1:

4 Likes

I’ve heard the crew raving over the WF Strawberry Cheesecake

3 Likes