Wonder Flavors Tasting Notes

I keep hearing that Pistachio FM is the one to pick.

3 Likes

Which one is FM?

4 Likes

Flavor Monks. Belgian company

5 Likes

Thanks, I wasnā€™t familiar with that one

5 Likes

Blueberry Jam (WF) 3.0% (01-20-10) ā€“ After hearing some good reviews of this one, decided to try it. Well, right out of the gate, this one WAS good. As far as blueberries go, I love quite a few, but only if they didnā€™t have too much ā€œmuskā€ to them (earthy kind of undertones). This one barely had any, so that was a big PLUS right there. Now, at 3% it was quite full and rich (for a fruit), and it appeared to be a mix of blueberry, maybe bilberry, with possibly a smidge of blackberry, as it was a ā€œdarkerā€ flavor. Nicely sweet, and to me, the mix of the three berries, DID present some jammy elements. I think @Silhouette mentioned this in her notes, but there is something ELSE in here thatā€™s giving it body. When smelling it in the bottle, I felt like it was a blueberry muffin, vaping it did NOT present any muffin, but thereā€™s something in there, maybe a bakery element, far lower in the mix, that keeps it interesting, but just below the surface. I could actually see ADVā€™ing on this, simply solo, even at 3% with nothing added. With that high praise, I feel good leaving this at 9.7/10, with only minor take-offs for not being a ā€œpureā€ blueberry.

13 Likes

I actually tried 3-4 of WF this last week. I was pleasantly surprised to find all of them rather decent single flavors. I would have loved something like that when I was learning to mix. I am so glad these single flavors are available to new mixers now so they have decent juice to vape while learning. Iā€™m going to be trying more of these :smiley:

12 Likes

Sour Blue Raspberry Candy

Flavor Description from Manufacturer: Sweet and sour blue raspberry gummy candy.

Manufacturer suggested dilution ratio: 6-9%.

Percentage Used: 8%

Equipment Used: Crown III sub ohm tank with A1 kanthal coil at 50W.

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 7 Days

Aroma: Tart, sweetness, raspberry.

Flavor Description: I found this to be surprising in a good way first thing. Quite an accurate blue raspberry flavor with a full mouth feel, just like having the candy in your mouth, itā€™s not thin at all. First flavor that hit was a true blue raspberry candy, with just a mild hint of that powdery sour coating you find on sour candy. It doesnā€™t make it fully to sour, but it is tangy. The flavor lingers on this one, even a few moments after a vape, I can still taste it.

Off Flavors: None

Throat Hit: 3/10

Pairings: This is a pretty complete flavor on itā€™s own. I canā€™t really think of anything to add to it other than an additive like sour or WS-30 or Koolada if the mood strikes. It might possibly help in other recipes to give an extra kick to blue raspberry flavors, but it does have that candy flavor to it, so if you donā€™t want candy in your recipe itā€™s not going to mesh well. This is a solid single flavor as is.

Notes: I see some people compare the blueberry part to the raspberry part when describing blue raspberry. The truth is there is no blue raspberry, itā€™s an artificial fruit flavor with blue coloring added. Itā€™s not a combination of blueberries and raspberries. This is the closest to that real artificial berry flavor that is so well known that Iā€™ve tried so far is a good strength for me at 7-8%ā€¦ I honestly will vape this as a single flavor vape, itā€™s a pretty complete flavor. However, I did also make some with 1 drop tart and sour per 10mls to see if I could push for that true sour and it was very good as well. So if you like tangy, itā€™s fine as is. If you want more sour, have fun and play with it :slight_smile: Iā€™m not sure how a longer steep will do with this, but I found it good at 7 days. Remember adding sour will add a little throat hit.

14 Likes

Hey Iā€™ve only tried this flavour at 3% i think ill mix this up again at 8% and ad some powerful sour CAP thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

A lot of people mix different percentage levels. I have some that I mix at 2% SF. But for my personal tastebuds I have found that with candies it needs a bit more to actually come through as candy. It is full smack you in the face candy at 8% :star_struck:

EDIT: I will make another tester at 6% as I always test different percentages, but I have a feeling Iā€™ll stay at 8% on this oneā€¦if I can keep my daughter away from it lol

EDIT 2: Iā€™m not trying to be a know it all, but Iā€™m not sure where you are in your mixing journey and donā€™t want to misdirect anyone. I just wanted to say that using additives does mute flavors slightly, so if you notice the flavor fading it might need to be lowered a bit.

8 Likes

Outstanding @MysticRose. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Thank you for the info :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sour Watermelon Candy

Flavor Description from Manufacturer: Sweet and sour watermelon gummy candy.

Manufacturer suggested dilution ratio: 6-9%.

Percentage Used: 8%

Equipment Used: Crown III sub ohm tank with A1 kanthal coil at 50W.

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 7 Days

Aroma: Tart, sweetness, watermelon.

Flavor Description: This is a nice accurate artificial watermelon candy. However, it is not sour nor tart. It is tangy though and still good, just not quite reaching what the name suggests. Front and dominate flavor is artificial watermelon candy, similiar to the famous brand hard candies, but without the pucker. The watermelon is a bit weak and thin, not in your face yummy. This one doesnā€™t have the mild hint of that powdery sour coating you find on sour candy like the blue raspberry did, so for me that removed it from the gummy candy flavor category. It does mimic the hard candy nicely though and gives you that juicy flavor, although a mild version.

Off Flavors: None

Throat Hit: 1/10

Pairings: This is a pretty complete flavor on itā€™s own, even if not strong enough. I honestly wouldnā€™t use this in any pairings as I have better watermelons that bring more to the party that I would use instead.

Notes: I honestly would not vape this as a single flavor vape, even though itā€™s an almost complete flavor and easy and fast to mix. But I would add a few drops of LA Watermelon to boost the weakness in flavorr and add a little more body. I did also make some with 1 drop tart and sour per 10mls to see if I could push for that true sour and it did a great job of adding the sour, unfortunately the watermelon was too weak and was muted to a very watered down flavor of watermelon. I do think adding the LA Watermelon will help a lot and still make a simple and easy almost single flavorā€¦lol. If you want more sour, have fun and play with it :slight_smile: Remember adding sour will add a little throat hit.

11 Likes

Iā€™m quite sure no one thinks that. I for one welcome all feedback of this sort and appreciate you taking the time to post it.

9 Likes

Ordered this flavor from Bull City, could not find a match in the flavor list
Is this the same as Sour Blue Raspberry Candy (WF) ?

4 Likes

Is there a thread Iā€™m missing with tasting notes for some of the more oddball flavors like Bickford? I havenā€™t found any. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am assuming yes, as Iā€™ve not seen another Sour Blue Raspberry on WFā€™ site so far.

3 Likes

Yeah me neither, must be a Bull city re-naming thing? I just added it to my stash as the candy.

3 Likes

Not seeing a Bickford specific thread eitherā€¦

4 Likes

Would seem soā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks Sprks, donā€™t want to mess up my stash after TZ got it all straightened out for me!
Big SmilesšŸ˜Ž

4 Likes