Wonder Flavors (WF) Part II Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer -- Mixing NOW!

You can never go wrong with that.

4 Likes

As a blueberry No you cant …I am a little leary pairing with Sugar Pie .

4 Likes

You never know, Blueberries and Custard. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is basically what I got at 3% from the Sugar Pie, but I think I detect a touch of honey, gonna go back to it after work.

The bakery is very light, my first impressions are this will be more of an additive to dessert/bakery mixes not one to base the whole thing on. It should work well with most fruits, but I’d start with dark berries and stone fruit.

8 Likes

Agreed @marsh8. I stand by my original thoughts, that custards and bakeries will be it’s biggest successes.

6 Likes

Exactly …This is why i listed the Blackberries , Peach and Nectarine …The Apples depending on what someone use will work Ive used Apple Filling Ill add Country apple to rhe next tester. Ive already made several simple recipes that work good that include Cinnamon , Eggnog and MF Blackberry Vanilla Crumble :wink:

Lemon wasnt superb but im sure yiu can work it in

6 Likes

Cheesecake (WF) 3.5% (4-10-22) – Is there always some trepidation when trying a new Cheesecake ?? YES, always. Was this one the “blow your face off”, “wet towel” that some others have reviewed it as ? Not entirely. First off, the good. It presented as a nicely sweetened, creamy Cheesecake, which was in the ballpark of say Lor Ann’s, some light crust, which was relatively buried below the Cheesecake’s creamy overwash, with little to no coconut (crust). Now, there WAS some “twang” in this one, which YOU will have to decide whether or not it’s a deal breaker. Not entirely sour milk, but a milky/cheesy twang that actually gave it a little bite. Too much, not enough ?? You’ll have to decide. A safe relative comparison would be 65% creamy cheesecake, 35% twang. I didn’t find it overwhelming as it was a fraction of the entire mix, BUT, it was always present. BA ?? Unsure, it wasn’t overly saturated in BA, but it could be buried in there. I’m sure if you had this in a mix, you could easily overcome the cheesy/ slightly sour notes, and rely on the creamy portion of the flavor. For some it could be great, as it added to the realism of the cheesecake, others, not so much, so be advised. All in, it was full @ 3.5%, fairly accurate, and beyond the slightly sour-ish, cheesy twang, nothing out of place. Overall, the sweet, and creamy carried the day, and I’m still having issues clearly picking up on any crust. I’d be VERY curious to hear what you guys think of this, and as to whether or not the “twang” worked for you or not. As a cheesecake, it WAS pretty accurate, but should it be YOUR cheesecake, that’s the question. Leaving it at 7.9/10.

LOL, from WolfWheeler on Reddit, he was NOT a fan …

WF Cheesecake

Hadalay / 2%

Old Towel. Funk. Crust?

There is no way to be nice here.

The old towel is in the beginning, middle, and end. It tastes like how a beach towel that you left in your trunk for the summer smells. There is also a drawn-out absence of any flavor besides this which is terrifying that someone tried this and said, “yeah okay”.

The funk is a cheesecake-y funk, but the worst version of it. Like how TFA Greek Yogurt has a funk like real Greek yogurt. It just isn’t right and there is no cream underneath this to sell me on cheesecake.

I can’t tell if the crust is intentional or if I’m just getting cardboard for fun. It’s dry and has a chemical taste that takes a bad first half and powerbombs it through the ring into the second half. I hate this.

I hate this.

God bless this mess.

6.9/10

13 Likes

I didn’t think I seen your notes on this one. Just checking. :drooling_face: :wink:
Just tasted my tester with 4 days nap. Not normally a blueberry fan but I
see potential here.

7 Likes

This is a great use of pancake (WF) sweeten as you’d like. I like my custards sweet :grin:

7 Likes

The best of the mixes I did so far with the Blueberry Muffin.

8 Likes

Apple Butter (WF) 3.5% (4-13-22) – Moving on TO the Apple Butter. When I was first mixing these up, this one caught my, errrr, nose, and I thought it almost had some “Fuji” elements in it. After a short steep, that proved to BE the case when testing it. Many people don’t even actually know what Apple Butter is. Now there’s NO butter, but maybe there SHOULD be !!! Just about every AB I’ve ever tried was fairly dark in appearance and taste, plenty sweet, and most times had at least SOME Cinnamon and Cloves in it. This one presented as an somewhat “brighter” apple, almost medley, with MAYBE some spices, but very low in the mix. NOW, this was NOT what my expected, or typical AB experience had been prior. Because AB is supposed to be caramelized apples, I was expecting much more of the darker notes, and fewer of the brighter punchy notes. This one was def. not an applesauce, but further testing almost made me think of a blend OF an Apple Butter AND an Applesauce. Not bad, and it was actually pretty good, BUT, was it really a full on Apple Butter ?? About mid-level sweet, and fairly strong at 3.5%, it was natural tasting with no overt artificial-ness. I could see a lot of uses for this one, but having it carry the full freight OF an Apple Butter, might be a bridge too far. Not terrible by any means, just not 100% Apple Butter. 5.5/10.

11 Likes

Went to go buy that Caramel (VSO) and there were no purchase options.

Oh, i almost forgot.

Daaaaaaang that mix looks tasty, me want.

EDIT: Weird, now i see purchase options. Must have been a browser fart.

4 Likes

Thank you! It’s definitely a good mix. I’m a custard head hehe please let me know how you like it if you mix it!

4 Likes

This is what I thought when I tasted sugar pie at 3% I’m really enjoying it, glad I made 30 mls. I’m halfway through it. Sugar Cream pie topped with buttery pecans

9 Likes

Did I miss Taffy (PB)?

1 Like

I’m on the Blueberry Muffin currently, and that Taffy has me interested to get into it @Lynda_Marie. Haven’t gotten to it yet.

2 Likes

Lol, sorry, totally not rushing you at ALL, 🥹

2 Likes

Well, the BB Muffin hasn’t been a wowzer, so I’m checking things, just to make sure it’s not on my end.

4 Likes

I can’t imagine the time you put in to this. I think we are all very grateful. I

5 Likes

I appreciate it @Lynda_Marie, thank you. You’ve actually been doing quite a FEW reviews lately. :slight_smile:

5 Likes