Working on a new Recipe that is driving me insane!

So, I have no idea why but lately I’ve been CRAVING Buttered popcorn jelly beans and obviously I can’t eat them anymore (diabetes) but I’m determined to create a new e-liquid with them. If anyone feels like chiming in, this is where I’m considering starting.

0.50% Butter Base (VTA)
1.40% Kettle Corn (TPA)
1.50% Marshmallow (vanilla) (OOO)
1.50% Milky Caramel Fudge (SSA)
0.75% Popcorn (Flavorah)
0.50% Super Sweet (CAP)

Flavor total: 6.15%

9 Likes

Ooooo~yum. maybe a drop or so per 30ml of 0.9% Saline?

10 Likes

What the … that sounds like some weird American treat. :kangaroo: Never seen those before but I suppose my Aussie stuff would be weird from the other side. :rofl:
Do they actually taste like jelly beans?

WF Raspberry Jelly Bean is the closest I’ve tried to a jelly bean and the raspberry could easily be hidden. The problem would lie in bringing it through all those buttery flavours. May need to be pushed hard.

12 Likes

Vegamite Jelly beans? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Not jelly beans but would partake in some chocolate Vegemite :rofl: :kangaroo:

8 Likes

Personally I would push that kettle corn way up…Maybe find a gummy concentrate to go with the MM vanilla mouthfeel so you can drop that OOO down a bit…Oh maybe gooey MM WF

11 Likes

We have all kinds of Jelly Bean flaves here . Bark flavor , grass flavor etc lmao

11 Likes

I think I’ve been inadvertently able to create both bark and grass flavoured juice but unfortunately I cannot offer any assistance as I’ve never nailed the jellybean aspect.
Begs the question… why on God’s green earth would anybody want to eat bark?

8 Likes

Actualky it was Barf , lol auto correct turned it into Bark which may taste better lmao

11 Likes

Not sure how buttery you want it but caps golden butter has a nice buttery flavor. Probably go with .5 percent because it gets stronger over time. At least with a waffle recipe I have it did. I used one percent and the butter was excellent but way to strong lol

6 Likes

I know what barf is because I’ve watched Grease!
It’s not a word we use in Australia.

Funnily enough I’ve managed to create recipes that are reminiscent of that too.

5 Likes

Welcome to the club @Gazza7. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow, I never had a popcorn jelly bean before and I am of no help here. I love FLV Popcorn so much I could vape it solo and be happy. Good luck @authormichellehughes

5 Likes

Agreed, I’d probably start at at least 3% kettle corn.
And add some fa butter, since it has that good popcorn butter taste :yum:
I think the trick is going to be finding the right sweet “jelly” flavor that ties in with the other flavors.

I love buttered popcorn Jelly Bellies, so I’m going to be watching this thread!

7 Likes

This may sound strange since i don’t know these flavs, but i have a good memory of the BP Jellybeans, and got this idea. It might just be crazy enough to work.

Do the kicked-up Kettle Corn mentioned above.
Drop the MM to a hint, or omit it.
Add 0.20% Cotton Candy (EM)
Add 0.30-0.40% Poundcake FLV
Add 0.20% Candy/Jammy Wizard FA

Keep everything else intact

Just a semi-educated hunch. Anyone have thoughts on this?

6 Likes

I was just thinking the candy/jammy wizard would be helpful, here…!

6 Likes

They do taste like jelly beans but very sweet and buttery slight taste of popcorn actually LOL

3 Likes

Okay gonna give that a go!

4 Likes

ROFLMAO those were from the Harry Potter Jelly Bean line I believe?

3 Likes

Butter Popcorn Jelly Beans

0.50% Butter Base (VTA)
0.20% Candy/Jammy Wizard (FA)
3.00% Kettle Corn (TPA)
1.00% Marshmallow (vanilla) (OOO)
1.50% Milky Caramel Fudge (SSA)
0.75% Popcorn (Flavorah)
0.40% Pound Cake (Flavorah)
0.50% Super Sweet (CAP)

Flavor total: 7.85%

We’ll see what happens here LOL… I’m keeping the milky caramel fudge because it reminds me of those sugar baby candies if anyone remembers those? I think that will push the “idea” of jellybean I hope maybe could be?

6 Likes