Working on a new Recipe that is driving me insane!

I saw that you like this flavor. I just used it earlier today with FLV Popcorn to see how they pair off. First time using it and I liked how it smelled. I perceived it as very buttery but maybe that’s just the dairy part of the milk? Idk

5 Likes

yes those sugar baby candies to me had that same sweet caramel butter sweetness and that’s what I get too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OMG, my childhood! I remember those…
Tootsie > Candy > Sugar Babies

5 Likes

This is something but it’s definitely NOT buttered popcorn

5 Likes

What is it then? I’m vaping the FLV Popcorn and SSA MCF right now and it tastes almost identical to a friend’s recipe I named Corny4. It’s TFA Kettle Corn, FA Condensed Milk and TFA RY4 Dbl. Anyway, I’m hoping to make a Pecan Caramel or Maple Pecan Caramel Corn. The food recipes are easy but not so much with the liquid, ey?

4 Likes

Is that SSA Milky Caramel Fudge tasting like TPA Ry4D then? I hope not as I’ve just bought it and can’t stand anything that tastes like Ry4D. :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

A profile like this you might want to first to find your Popcorn Base them add your jelly bean base so 2 separate recipe combined?? Maybe

Kettle Corn 4pct
Popcorn .75pct
Beer Nuts .2

Jelly Candy Cap 3pct
Gooey MM WF 1.5pct

Then adjust combine and adjust , this is just an example …Might make it easier. I used this same approach when I was trying to make a Caramel Apple Popcorn

7 Likes

I wonder if you were to remove the MM and Caramel Fudge that it might be closer. Drop the Poundcake to 0.25. I hope whatever it came out like, it’s good!

5 Likes

It’s got some serious dark notes Muth and I’m not very fond of those. Somebody might like this recipe but it wasn’t what I was after LOL

4 Likes

no it’s definitely a sweet buttery darker caramel but I don’t get RY4 from it

4 Likes

A great idea! I think all I’m missing is the Gooey MM WF I’ll give it a shot with my other Marshmallow and see what happens, thank you Fidalgo!

5 Likes

I’m going to remix it like this if anyone wants to play along.

0.20% Beer Nuts (Flavorah)
0.50% Butter Base (VTA)
3.00% Jelly Candy (CAP)
4.00% Kettle Corn (TPA)
1.00% Marshmallow (vanilla) (OOO)
0.75% Popcorn (Flavorah)
0.50% Super Sweet (CAP)

Flavor total: 9.95%

I’m going to keep the butter base because those jelly beans had a definite buttery taste

8 Likes

Thank you for enlightening me @authormichellehughes, I am relieved to hear that.

3 Likes

I have noticed the Capella Jelly Candy used in quite a few recipes and now here. I don’t have this particular flavour but I’m starting to think that I should get some as I always had the impression that it was just for fruity flavours but obviously I was wrong.

3 Likes

It has a great neutrality as far as taste. SFT will have a slight nondescript hint of nameless fruit that is easily overcome at any percentage. One of the few candies I really enjoy using.

4 Likes

Thank you very much @Letitia for the information about the Caps Jelly Candy flavour, it sounds useful to have and I will duly add it to my next order before I forget.

4 Likes

Geez, I just saw your question now! So sorry. That’s a big NO. SSA MCF doesn’t resemble TPA RY4D in any way. Not to me. I don’t even pick up on much caramel in the TPA RY4D although everyone else seems to. There was something in my friend’s recipe having to do with the Kettle Corn compared to the FLV Popcorn.

3 Likes

So, Michele, how’s it going? I just got back to this thread and saw your recipe and was curious how you liked it? I haven’t played along because I’ve been obsessed with other popcorn mixes and the other reason is I’ve never done candy flavors. I rarely eat candy in RL, however that probably shouldn’t stop me from trying them in a mix. One of these days.

3 Likes

No need to apologise @muth and thank you for getting back to me with your answer. :slightly_smiling_face:
As for Ry4D I get a very dark astringent chemical flavour that I dislike immensely, it’s the same note that is in TPA Brown Sugar and the likes. :confounded:

3 Likes

I am not a popcorn fan, but I am a fan of @authormichellehughes

Just wondering why there is no mention of Vanilla Pudding (Flavorah) in this recipe or conversation.

Feels like it’s not really a TOC recipe without that.

Just sayin’ :man_shrugging:

6 Likes