Working on a new Recipe that is driving me insane!

I’ve never met an RY4 that I liked solo. But when mixed with the right flavors it has it’s purpose. Same with TPA Brown Sugar. But that’s how it works for me anyway.

4 Likes

I’ve tried mixing it in many recipes and even when it’s used very low and well steeped (months) I still get that astringent off note something reminiscent of burning electrical equipment when it’s about to catch fire. I think I have a sensitivity to Cyclotene or one of the other components present in those particular flavours. It’s a shame and I just wish I could taste the great flavour that others rave about.

3 Likes

:rofl: LMAO, that’s great descriptive writing. I know exactly how you feel, though. There have been too many times when a flavor is raved about and I pick up on some alien off note or just total weakness. Speaking of which, I think I’m swearing off of all Wonder Flavors that are not SC. Not that they taste bad, they’re good but I can hardly taste them.

4 Likes

I have that problem with these recipes that use “ultras” (if that’s the correct term) and I’m not talking about MF strength flavours either, many look nice on paper but I just can’t bloody taste them or just get hints of what could have been something nice in the far distance. Sorry if I’ve derailed this thread peeps, it’s time I buggered off to bed, night night all.

5 Likes

Sweet dreams :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you @muth.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey sorry it took me so long to get back… my water pipes under my foundation burst and it’s been insanity around her. Haven’t had any time to really work with this. Hey, at least I have running water again though LOL

6 Likes

ROFLMAO my obsession with vanilla pudding will haunt me forever now, but I’m not complaining.

6 Likes

O
M
G @authormichellehughes

2 Likes

To be fair my pipes are 20 years old … guess it was bound to happen sooner or later LOL

4 Likes

It sucks to go through it, BUT, once it’s over, you don’t have to worry about it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreed. We have a two week fix for now, so yay running water, but he’s coming back in two weeks to redo the entire house.

3 Likes

Oh crappers, sorry to hear that. Been there. Glad you have your water back.

3 Likes

I understand these obsessions. You know I’m gonna break out my Vanilla Pudding now. Hmm, have you ever combined that with VTA Pudding Base?

5 Likes

So sorry this happened. Glad you are getting it resolved and hope the workaround takes care of it until the permanent fix is done.

And… I understand. My pipes are 66 years old and they don’t always work like they used to.

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that this has happened to you and I hope it gets resolved quickly. So you are saying that the average lifespan of water pipes only last for about twenty years where you live @authormichellehughes? I’m in the U.K. and although burst mains pipes under foundations does happen occasionally it’s certainly not something that we expect to happen every twenty years or so if at all.

3 Likes

We had copper pipes. Apparently, they are known to corrode, so they are replacing it with something different and it’s not PVC but I can’t for the life of me remember what it’s called.

4 Likes

I just got the pudding base in. I’ll definitely have to give that a go.

4 Likes

Ahh now I understand, I hope the new replacements have a much longer lifespan. Most of the mains pipes buried in the foundations under my house and many of the other old houses in Great Britain are the old clay pipes made by Doulton Lambeth before they became known as Royal Doulton after queen Victoria died at least they built things to last in those days but God help me if one of them breaks. The water pipes we have are cast iron and copper but some poor souls here had the old lead piping and had to go through the major upheaval of having it all replaced which is one hell of a big job involving digging up floors in houses and gardens.

3 Likes

Maybe PEX. Love that stuff.

2 Likes