Wotofo Elder Dragon Review by SessionDrummer

Yup one of the best out there! Good review.

5 Likes

I’ll let you know @SessionDrummer :grinning:

4 Likes

Thank you very much @GalacticResidue. I wish I had checked it out when it first came out.

4 Likes

I can’t not say yes to that !!! @Silhouette

3 Likes

I got my first quite a while ago. Since then I got three more. Elder Dragons are my favorite RDAs. I thought I was getting great flavor before with my RDAs but seriously, this one took it to another level. None have been better before or since. Anytime someone asks what’s the best single coil RDA the Elder Dragon is what I tell them.

For about a month or two My Freedom Smokes had these for $12. They lowered it to $10 with their big rebuildables sale and the Elder Dragons sold out quick style.

6 Likes

@INOIROC I’m starting to be a believer…

3 Likes

Buy one at fasttech, we’ll see how the shipping from China goes …

4 Likes

I started squonking at the start of 2019. In a little over a year, I’ve collected dozens of RDAs. Most of them are single coilers with BF pins obviously :grin:. The Drop Solo had been my favorite for a few months. I liked putting a big single coil in there and thought it was excellent. It the first one I really loved.

I’m not sure which number (on my list of acquired RDAs) the Elder Dragon was but I immediately loved it. I tried it side by side with my Drop Solo. I used the same everything basicly (juice, coil, mod, battery). The Dragon flat out out performed it in terms of flavor. When I get a new RDA I think is pretty good, I’ll test it vs one of my Elder Dragons. None have been able to usurp it. I’m starting to think it might be an impossible feat. For the way I like to vape and the juice I use, the Elder Dragon is the best.

People on Reddit were suggesting the Asmodus .Blank and Barrage to new comers. They’d have you believe they’re the best things since sliced bread. I got them both and wasn’t impressed. They’re both cool because you dont have to worry about over squonking or leaks, but they don’t come close to the Elder Dragon IMO. I like the .Blank a lot more than the Barrage though. No matter what I try in the Barrage, the flavor isn’t there for me. Hope I didn’t offend any Asmodus lovers out there. Everyone’s different and these are just my opinions.

8 Likes

Well I don’t know what my problem is/was/is. Every single time I tried any of a multitude of RDA’s they were either hot and spitty, or just never gave the flav like I always got out of my SteamCraves. Lately I’ve been experimenting, seeing some posts about this and that (which is what happened here), and decided to delve back in, and at least on THIS one, I found a keeper.

I guess the old adage is true, you don’t know, what you don’t know.

7 Likes

Picking up the black, gun, and their sexy vape bag before I catch the Corona…

5 Likes

Do you usually like doing dual coil builds? I never really like dual coil RDAs. My problem I think is I was using too big of coils. I’m not into crazy high wattages and giant clouds. That’s just not my style. But anyways I noticed a couple of RDAs on sale so I got them… I tell you what, I didn’t expect to like the Hellvape Passage but it’s really good! I just used 26ga SS round wire and made dual coils. 52W and this thing is humming. I usually use my Elder Dragon around or higher than that. I get great flavor, smooth airflow, squonks great, and is very leak resistant. It’s the first dual coil RDA that I’ve liked a lot. I’m going to get out some of my older ones and try them again with less crazy builds this time. From all the videos I’ve watched people use the Passage up around 80W and over.

3 Likes

Did you order directly from Wotofo?

3 Likes

You got two Elder Dragons just now? If so, I think you’ll like them a lot. The coils that come in the box are pretty darn good. They give you a tool to cut the legs just right. I think they even give you cotton. It’s very easy to set up anyways.

4 Likes

Looks like it.

3 Likes

That’s pretty much the ONLY way I vape. Not only is single coiling newer for me, but and RDA (squonk) that I actually LIKE as well.

Yes @natbone.

I’ll be ending up with 3 now @INOIROC.

4 Likes

That’s awesome. I just found another thread here about 22mm single coil RDAs. It turned into an Elder Dragon appreciated thread lol.

6 Likes

Well, hehe, seeing as though I’m the SteamCrave guy, hehe, what a predicament …

I can’t argue with that though, especially after testing it out first hand. I hope that my jumbled words, were arranged in such a way as to impress that upon others, so that perhaps they too could see what’s what.

6 Likes

Your in a whole new world lol, try the hermetic rda next, it’s dead even with the dragon in my eyes, maybe even a touch better but I still haven’t put the dragon through enough types of juice to know for sure…

4 Likes

OgreSeal

Landed today. Insanely easy to build and a tiny flavor monster just as @SessionDrummer said.

11 Likes

Thank you very much @SmilingOgre. That means an incredible amount coming from your very deductive, and critical eye.

Hehe, I like that.

5 Likes