Xtar Dragon VP4 Plus vs Opus BT-C3100 thoughts

I can only say that I don’t trust efest.

The two in the title of this thread were my “final options” (after having done all the homework back then), and so far, I haven’t seen anything that’s changed that (unfortunately).

4 Likes

I’ve been very happy with the Ohm-Tech charger.

https://hohmtech.com/hohm-base/

4 Likes

I don’t really use or need the testing features on the Opus to be honest. If something is wrong with a battery and it shows signs of wear, I replace them. I’m not tech savvy enough to know what I’m doing so I’m taking the safe way out even if it may cost me a little more… I just got the Opus because it was a good deal at about €35.

I’ve read Mooch’s review on the Efest luc v6 and overall I think I could live with his findings… I just don’t know how that translates to the v8.
Ideally I will replace this one with a 6 or 8 bay charger where I can charge 6x18650s @ 1A or 3x18650 @ 1A and 2x 21700 @ 2A and the usual AA and AAA batteries. Longevity (>2 years) is a must, I usually never even consider anything that doesn’t last at least 5 years. Optional but much appreciated features include mobility (car plug) and USB connectors. And obviously something that doesn’t ruin my batteries first time I charge them :slight_smile:

@JiM210 Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don’t know where to get these in Europe and they don’t come in 6 bays. I recently had 2 products on which I would’ve liked to get warranty support but shipping costs defeated the purpose. It does seem like a good charger though :+1:

4 Likes

I have a two bay Efeast charger. It still works but in less than 1 year it developed a capacitor leak. I don’t believe it has diminished the performance(yet); however, it has a whistle now that drives me nuts in a quiet environment :hear_no_evil: it’s now my backup charger I leave at the office.

2 Likes

In the same price category there’s the miboxer c8 …
It doesn’t do 2A charging but it claims 1.5A on any channel. According to Mooch, miboxers are very precise chargers but I can’t say I’ve heard of them before. It also comes with a 3 year warranty and I like the sound of that.

2 Likes

Going to give it a shot after all it seems… lol

3 Likes

Holy crap, can’t go wrong for that :star_struck:
Too bad international shipping would kill the deal

3 Likes

You wont be able to pass the age verification for it I tried earlier but I got a friend in the US to order for me and will onship to me

3 Likes

German websites have a similar thing… I pass those checks by using the contact form and start a conversation with the business owners. They will ask for other ways of proving your age and they’ll help create your account.

In this case, the process may be longer than the sale is going for so I don’t know if it’s worth the trouble…

2 Likes

What charger would you recommend that also takes 2100 batteries?

2 Likes

@KC111 Opus, ALL day long !!!

1 Like

When I looked on ebay, there were NO mention of 21700 batteries. OPUS BT-C3100 V2.2 Universal Four Slots Smart Rechargeable Battery Charger AEU | eBay?

1 Like

That’s what I use for my 21700s. Pardon the dust :smiley:

3 Likes

You and @SessionDrummer have just now confirmed that it does take 21700 batteries, so thank you for that. Does the cooling fan give you any issues? The reviews complains about that a lot.

5 Likes

All day long @KC111.

5 Likes

From time to time it makes a little noise, but no big deal. I ordered a pair of replacement fans, but never replaced LOL. I like to see how many mah’s each cell takes after each charge.

4 Likes

The first one (probably 5 years ago) I had had a loud squealing fan but I believe the later versions fixed that. One of the Chinese sites used to have a direct replacement fan.

I have two v2.2s and they are quite.

6 Likes

Reading the reviews now, one buyer talked about applying machinery oil to the sleeve bearing to quieten it. Looks like I will buy 2 of them and I hope you don’t mind me asking you which modes you selected when I get them.

4 Likes

Yeah, that screaming would drive the hubby and the dogs bonkers, lol.

3 Likes

@KC111 I just charge the batts. I don’t like heating batteries up, so NO fast charging, as that weakens them, shortens their life. I charge all at 500 mah rate.

5 Likes