You too can help find a cure/treatment for Coronavirus

Interesting subject. Scientists scratch heads over this ancient, mysterious, complex “nurturing” hormone

1 Like

Apparently also a target for the drug used to induce labor?!

3 Likes

In mammals endogenous Oxytocin releases are invoke-able via local stimulations. Also active in males

Prolactin is present in both sexes (can be higher in females, associated with nursing, pleasure in both).

Research surrounding related social behaviors appear to have (mostly) been conducted using Prairie Voles - an animal species that is (generally) monogamous where it comes to their mating preferences.

Low Prolactin combined with high Testosterone levels have been known to engender Jingoistic Cults:

Source: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-I9czduLsaLA/T_3G4SomCtI/AAAAAAAAqJQ/lxbyJEa5UWI/s1600/attackVole1.jpg

3 Likes

FoldingAtHome-wus-certificate-261398

6 Likes

FoldingAtHome-wus-certificate-261398(1)

5 Likes

https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/

Team 261398

4 Likes

We’re already in the top 19,000 :smiley: :tada:

2 Likes

Time to get out that Heat Sink Grease, and religiously hose-down those CPUs with liquid Nitrogen ! :clown_face:

Perhaps some residual (shared) bits and bytes may (someday) find the “holy grail” for “connubial bliss”.

2 Likes

We are now in the top 13,000 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My desktop’s a 2013 model. I don’t have a super rig like yours so it’s all going a bit slower here…

3 Likes

That’s perfectly alright! Anything helps :smiley:

3 Likes

And almost, almost the top 10000 now… moving up fast

4 Likes

At some point our ascent will stop - some of the teams has an insane amount of points :smiley: Still - top 10,000 is pretty good! :smiley:

4 Likes

Would be cool if we could beat ATF though. Do they even have a team?

2 Likes

Hmm no idea! :smiley: Doesn’t look like it …

2 Likes

My office is soooooo warm right now :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re the 7044th best team :smiley:

4 Likes

SMOKING @daath !!!

2080 loves the folds. What’s your PPD ? 750,000 ??
Are you using the PassKey for bonus points ??

2 Likes

Yes, I created a passkey immediately, as I read about the “quick return bonus” :slight_smile:
PPD hovers around 1.6-2.2 million :smiley: Those 2,944 CUDA cores and 368 tensor cores apparently come in handy for stuff like this :rofl:

2 Likes

Though actual PPD is lower, since I can’t run it full speed all the time - it’s noisy and the office gets too hot :rofl: So once in a while, it’s set to “While I work” but when I get toasty, I set it to “When idle” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

SUPER great GPU for that. I appologize, my main rig is on a project that I was already committed to, and was using slug-o-matic laptops to compensate. I have a TI founder’s edition that I will be bringing “into the fold” as it were, when it’s free’d up. You’re numbers are smoking, and I know how hot they can run, espeically when set to full. Very nice numbers Lars.

2 Likes