You too can help find a cure/treatment for Coronavirus

We are now in the top 13,000 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My desktop’s a 2013 model. I don’t have a super rig like yours so it’s all going a bit slower here…

3 Likes

That’s perfectly alright! Anything helps :smiley:

3 Likes

And almost, almost the top 10000 now… moving up fast

4 Likes

At some point our ascent will stop - some of the teams has an insane amount of points :smiley: Still - top 10,000 is pretty good! :smiley:

4 Likes

Would be cool if we could beat ATF though. Do they even have a team?

2 Likes

Hmm no idea! :smiley: Doesn’t look like it …

2 Likes

My office is soooooo warm right now :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re the 7044th best team :smiley:

4 Likes

SMOKING @daath !!!

2080 loves the folds. What’s your PPD ? 750,000 ??
Are you using the PassKey for bonus points ??

2 Likes

Yes, I created a passkey immediately, as I read about the “quick return bonus” :slight_smile:
PPD hovers around 1.6-2.2 million :smiley: Those 2,944 CUDA cores and 368 tensor cores apparently come in handy for stuff like this :rofl:

2 Likes

Though actual PPD is lower, since I can’t run it full speed all the time - it’s noisy and the office gets too hot :rofl: So once in a while, it’s set to “While I work” but when I get toasty, I set it to “When idle” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

SUPER great GPU for that. I appologize, my main rig is on a project that I was already committed to, and was using slug-o-matic laptops to compensate. I have a TI founder’s edition that I will be bringing “into the fold” as it were, when it’s free’d up. You’re numbers are smoking, and I know how hot they can run, espeically when set to full. Very nice numbers Lars.

2 Likes

Meh, no need to apologize :smiley: I bet the TI rocks as well - but the pure CPU guys like “Baldylock54” is just crunching work units, albeit with lower points - but every little bit helps :smiley: I’m just glad because it makes me feel like I can lend a little something to all the craziness in the world :smiley:

2 Likes

Hot, hot, hot :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just because I build a lot of PC’s (or used to), what exhaust type does your 2080 utilize. Back venting out the rear of the case, or venting into the case ? I love my TI FE, BUT for the fact that it vents directly into the case. The case fans take care of it in short order, and I know why they switched the fan types, and I know all about the Full Length Vapor Chamber. I’d have been happier to vent out the rear.

1 Like

Holy Smokes, you weren’t kidding.

1 Like

Absolutely understand EXACTLY what you mean. I share that viewpoint.

2 Likes

I built it myself as well - 3 fans taking air in at the front, water cooled CPU with radiator and two fans at the top (blowing out) and one big fan at the back blowing out - oh, and of course the PSU has a fan as well… It should be positive pressure in the case though :slight_smile:

The 2080 is just a normal one, with two fans on it - working inside the case - not optimal, but not that bad (except when it’s full throttle) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My new Bad Linux Motorscooter has svelte aerodynamic cooling fins - just to “steam” the Federales:

Source: https://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/1959-cadillac-tail-fins-gill-billington.jpg
:nerd_face:

2 Likes

Bringing in 2 PCs to help the team and I suppose more importantly the cause.

Using the PC I just built a couple months ago for my parents as well as mine (the PC I built for them about 5 yrs ago that I just inherited lol)

I remember “back in the day” using BOINC with SETI@home and World Community Grid, etc. It’s a lot of fun and it’s nice to feel like you’re actually contributing something to the world and not just sitting on a fresh PC build with overclocks that nobody is impressed by lol

Question: I’m running some less than amazing GPUs in both of these builds but nonetheless I would like them to do something and they’re not. Are they too old or do I need to do something special? Nvidia GTX 760 & GTX 960. I realize this isn’t the best place to ask but after 5 mins of some Google fu I felt a wave of laziness wash over me so…It’s probably all this FOLDING I’ve been doing the last few days, it’s exhausting!! lol

Thanks and sorry for the novel

3 Likes