You won't believe this

CLEAN THE OXIDATION OFF YOUR HEADLIGHTS WITH TOOTHPASTE

Prep the surface:I used a touch of auto soap and a bucket of water to wash off as much grime as possible. It’s important to note: Soap and water won’t remove oxidation, so don’t confuse the results I experienced with the thought that perhaps the soap and water cleaned the headlights. After washing, dry the surface.

Toothpaste used to clean headlight

1. Squeeze toothpaste onto a dry cloth or paper towel

2.Squeeze on the paste: I happened to have Ultrabrite–I’m not sure if other types of toothpaste would have produced different results. I squeezed a bit of toothpaste onto a dry paper towel.
3.Lather: Next, I wiped the headlight with the toothpaste, adding more as needed to cover the area. Buff it around pretty good. Do it in the morning when it’s cool so it doesn’t dry immediately.
4.Rinse:Once the headlights were covered with the toothpaste, I cleaned them with a sponge and warm water.
5.Repeat: The result from cleaning the headlight twice, is quite remarkable.

4 Likes

Right, I see…

1 Like

I pulled it off the web and the photos wouldn’t load so I thought I had all mention of photos deleted, but I did do my drivers side and it turned out great. I’m gonna give it a day and see how it is before doing the other one

1 Like

I’m not seeing anything…I can’t even see the rest of the thread, therefore I am just being completely nosey and demand to know what is going on here…
@GPC2012 explain yourself before I call the thread police…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@Pugs1970
He took his wife’s teeth out to the front yard and washed them on the hood of the car…with brylcreem and car soap…
I think his wife removed the pictures, eh?

4 Likes

wash she still wearing them…?..I’m having trouble with images in my head right now…

2 Likes

@Pugs1970 Sorry pugs, it’s early for me and I don’t have enough coffee in me. I was reading some article on home remedies and followed a link about cleaning the oxidation off the plastic headlight lenses. I went out and tried it on one of mine and it works like a dream. Apparently the internet gods are against me this morning. the photos wouldn’t load and my title evaporated. but I think I’ve got it as fixed asI can get it.

2 Likes

ahh mannn…I much preferred @ozo explanation :laughing:

2 Likes

Come on by you can tell wifey. Bring your own bandages and ambulance. lmao

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:…lmaoo

1 Like

So let me get this straight, the same stuff that gets rid of oxidation on headlights is sold to the public to clean teeth? :scream:

[quote=“GPC2012, post:9, topic:83085”]
Bring your own bandages
[/quote]:head_bandage:

4 Likes

Yuppers they sure do

1 Like

Average cost for a pair of replacement acrylic headlamp covers. $100.10. Minimum $75.00 labor. $5.00 for the gas to an from Visalia to get it done. Total cost $180.10 This doesn’t include the 5 years of my life I lose for paying that much

OR

6 Select a size paper towels $00.0036 each $00.02 cost for paper towels. $00.009 for the half inch long ribbon of Ultrabrite tooth paste for each head light. $00.018 total cost for toothpaste. Total cost$00.0318 for the whole thing Priceless

3 Likes

I knew there was a reason I make my own.

2 Likes

Suggestion:
After you get the surface all clear and clean use this clear acrylic spray to preserve the clarity.

just mask around the headlight with painters tape and a garbage bag or newspaper, then several light coats of the clear coat. Then after it drys 24 hours carnauba car wax to keep them permanently clear!

4 Likes

isn’t it an acrylic polymer? It will yellow in time unless It’s got UV protectant in it which it doesn’t

1 Like

But it is UV resistant!

also has a Comfort Tip :yum:

3 Likes

This is a great idea for doing it on the cheap but I use Novus plastic polish #2 to restore Vintage finds. This stuff is magical. They sell 1 2 3 (Home Depot has) #1 being a heavier grit and #3 which cleans off any polish residue, but I never use those. Old painted tins? Boom all the junk comes off without removing any paint. Novus #2 is MONEY …here’s a headlight vid

4 Likes

and it probably contains formaldehyde!! :fearful:

2 Likes

I wonder if this will work with my all natural hippie toothpaste… :thinking:

3 Likes