Your DIY Lab

I was curious about how other people organize all the mixing equipment and store their flavors. I know in the beginning it was hard to keep up with what I was accumulating. Any photos of your set up?

6 Likes

My stuff is on a couple of shelves in my work room, I have indexed my flavors, so I know which boxes to get, when I need specific flavors. I mix by weight, so usually I just mix directly into the bottle :smile:

It’s kind of a mess, but it works fairly well :smile:

4 Likes

Hi NewDrip, I’m drooling over all your ingredients. I’ve just forced myself out of my briefcase I’ve been using, and more coming today :stuck_out_tongue:.
My familys slamming me with all the “Breaking Bad” jokes they can recently.
Whats up with the knife and hand gun?? just curious, rough neighbor hood?

2 Likes

I call this my Flavor Station. I do not blend in the area, just pick out the flavors I need for whatever I need to blend on that day.

7 Likes

You guys have a nice setups. Making me rethink how I’m operating. I could lose some of this hardware if I mixed by weight. The gun is just a habit, I keep one in every room.

1 Like

Very good habit, smart.

I like the business man bull :smiley:

Oh, you can see that. Good eyes! I actually bought that for my wife because she too is starting a business (Petsitting). She had no place to put it so she put it on my newly built shelves. What you probably could not see is the inscription PROFIT-A-BULL…

1 Like

Your right, i couldn’t make that out… Funny!!! :smile:

OK, here’s a better look at MR PROFIT-A-BULL

This was one of a whole line that would pun words that ended with “able”, changing “able” to “A-Bull”. I thought it was kinda funny to get for my wife as she began her new venture…

5 Likes

Think that’s funny, how about Vape-A-Bull. Now that’s funny LOL

3 Likes

I know this topic is a bit old, but after a recent move I finally got set up again. I typically don’t buy bulk and do most of my mixing at my large corner computer desk. I use to keep all my flavors in several Tupperware containers with round labels on top of the lids which made it easy to mobilize my lab around the house. Anyways, here’s what i finally came up with now that I have the room to work.

6 Likes

Very tidy. I like that. Some good flavors in there as well. I was visually shopping going down the shelves… I got a shopping problem. I’m up to 511 flavors.

4 Likes

This is what I picked out for the hubby to get me for xmas. I love it, and on wheels, so I just pull it up to my table for mixing sessions.

4 Likes

Please don’t ever let me get that many flavors. You go girl!

2 Likes

I thought this might be the place to ask. I’ve been thinking of getting into DIY for weeks now. I was going to finally pull the trigger today and but a kit and 32 flavors that I’ll need for my recipes. I don’t really want to get the kit though can anybody give me a list of what I’ll need to get started and keep me going for a lol bit. Over time I want my setup to look like some of these. Overtime because it probably costs thousands and I don’t think the wife will like that so much.
Thanks

2 Likes

Best tip I ever got for DIY:

READ everything before you spend money, then
know what your flavor profile is, find recipes that match it and
purchase flavorings based on that profile first.

5 Likes

my best advice is to “Listen when Alisa talks” !!!

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue: you silly

2 Likes

This is my lab. It is an older pic and I have a lot more flavors now. I use the computer to do my research and chat here. Then when I move over to the mixing area I have a Galaxy S Tab 8.4 that I follow the recipe on. All my flavors are separated by brand and alphabetized in the racks. The rack up top in the foreground is all Flavourart now and nearly full. The rack behind it is all TFA. The rack on the table below is Flavorah, Lorann Oils, and Inawera. I now have a large wall rack that holds all of my Capella, One on One, Medicine Flower, Flavor West, and additives.

The small drawers on the table hold all my coil building and wicking supplies and extra parts and such. The larger drawers hold all of my junk, wire, tools, retail packaging the tanks and mods come in, etc. It’s a bit of a mess.

The closet in that room is where I store my finished and retail juices, along with my extra supplies.

I am slowly trying to progress to all glass bottles and will dispense my e-liquids into plastic containers only when they will be used or sold.

8 Likes