Your favorite RDA and why?

Been making my own juice for a few months now and getting tired of having to vape more than I want when taste testing so I’m looking into RDA’s. Can you tell me your favorite RDA and why?

I currently use an RTA, been using the blotto for a couple months and love the flavor I get (first purchased the Intake Dual and the flavor was lacking bad for me). Was strictly a sub-ohm user prior to but I enjoy building my own.

9 Likes

My favorite is the WASP NANO.
Ease of assembly and especially the flavor it provides is excellent and due to its small size it is ideal to try different juices.
Other good ones I have are the RDA galaxies and the Wotofo Profiles both are very good too.

10 Likes

For flavour test, I use elder dragon, because it’s what everyone said to be a flavour banger and it’s the only one I have. I heard pixie is a good one too for flavour.

11 Likes

MTL Magma RDA build.
Why? “You can load it with a ton of juice” and like vaping a tank with great flavor.
re:https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/magma-rda-from-paradigm.538555/
Not sure of results with DL.

10 Likes

Thats a toughie. My usual goto’s are the Elder Dragon and the Pulse 2 (both BFs). Both have amazing flavor AND decent cloud production. Both can be a teenie bit tricky. The ED because I like to drop the coil a little lower than spec (but the flavor is vastly improved) and the Pulse because of the airflow rings. They’re really easy to break. I’m on my second set.I enjoyed the flavor so much that instead of tossing it, I bought two more sets of rings.
Lately, I’ve been loving my Entheon with the Hadeon top cap. A very satisfying vape for a restricted DL. It’s easy to build on, has outstanding flavor with single wire builds or small claptons and you can use the original top cap, the Hadeon top cap or even a Wasp Nano top cap (Looks funky but tastes great!)
Oh yeah, there’s also the Aromamizer Plus in RDA mode with dual coils. In RDA mode this thing still holds a ton of juice and of course you have that trademark Steam Crave flavor.
Shit, I don’t know! I can’t decide!

10 Likes

I don’t RDA often, but when I do, it’s a ^^^^^^^^

7 Likes

Goon my dual-coil favourite, it’s old and classic. I like airy vape and side airflows. Good juice well, enough for dripping.

Single, really like flavour of Haku but a squonk must-have.

MTL; Troy 1x v3.

7 Likes

I just purchased the ED. I was really leaning towards purchasing the Entheon for past couple of weeks but when I saw the price, I held back as I’m not too sure I want to spend that much on my first RDA :rofl:. Still looking for a 2nd RDA, so keep em coming.

8 Likes

Favorite single coil:
Elder Dragon :dragon: The flavor!!!

Favorite Dual coil:

1. Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus V1
    Reasons --> Flavor and clouds, versatility; it’s and RDA, it’s an RTA, it’s both at the same time if you want, it has multiple build decks, single coil, duel coil postless, duel coil velocity style, duel coil series, and mesh decks. Coils can be vertical or horizontal(with the velocity deck). It vapes great with a wide range of coil sizes and types. Beautiful machining.

2. Dead Rabbit SE
    Reasons: Flavor and simplicity! It’s a build deck, a top cap and standard or squonk pin. That’s all of the parts. The airflow is not adjustable but doesn’t need to be. The drip tip is built into the top cap and cannot be changed, and it doesn’t need to be. The deck well is deep. The side airflow slots are at a steep down angle which raises the outer part of the airflow opening making it hard to over squonk. I’ve yet to spill any juice at all. The top cap material is one of those high-tech plastics that doesn’t get hot at all. I love the white frosted top cap.

Favorite triple coil RDTA(dripper with a small tank):
Triad clone(original from Asmodus but discontinued)
Flavor and cloud, vertical or horizontal coils. It has its share of negatives but they are easy to forgive. The satisfying vape makes up for them and I like the way it looks.
It’s the only triple coil I have.

I have several RDA’s that I have yet to try.

7 Likes

Thanks for the details!!!

6 Likes

Buy a clone and see if you like it first. Waaaay cheaper and if you feel it’s not for you, you’re only out about a fraction of the cost. If you’re a restricted DL fan, then you’ll love it. Also the Skyfall is just a fantastic RDA as well along the lines of the entheon.
Tip: in you want to increase the flavor of the Elder Dragon, snip your leads one step lower than the recommended spec. The wicking may be a tiny bit difficult because of the lowered coil, so have some tweezers handy. Try it both ways and see which suits you best.

6 Likes

I purchased a limited edition Titanium Hadaly for a “shit ton” of money lol but it’s all I’ve used for 2 years and it’s held up extremely well. Same screws and o-rings still in use. Hopefully it will last another couple years. Might have cost me lots of money at the time but it saves me over 60 bucks a week from not buying smokes. So in a year that’s $3,120.00 dollars saved from not smoking.
2 years $6,240.00 saved
10 years $31,200.00 saved

Man I love DIY vaping, this place is awesome thanks ELR. Would love a “streamcrave” tank one day but for now this one works and keeps me happy. QP design are nice too. Lots of smart people here so they’ll let you know which is best. Stay safe :sunglasses:

5 Likes

For DIY testing i use “Wotofo profile 1.5 RDA” and the reason of course is the flavor this RDA gives me
for personal use “QP Design Fatality 25”

5 Likes

Where would I even get a clone? :thinking::rofl: I didn’t know clones were a thing. I’m in the US and buy stateside so I’m not sure where I would buy one from. Don’t mind if it comes from another country. Personally always bought stateside because of fast shipping, I bought a vape outside of US and it took over a month to get. I’m not a very patient person when I want something now lol.

8 Likes

That’s awesome, congratulations!!! I have also been vaping for 2 years and it has saved me a bunch of money but now I find myself spending all that extra money on DIY stuff :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

I’ll definitely check it out because I’m a flavor chaser, if a product doesn’t produce enough flavor for me it gets set aside :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

Hmmm, I may have spoken too soon. I did a quick search on the SXK Entheon clone for you and it appears to be hard to find now. There are other no name brands but the SXK is a 1:1 clone and well made. I can’t speak for the no-names. But if you’re willing to risk $10 - $15 (maybe even less) you can try 3fvape.com or fasttech.com. Be prepared to wait though.

9 Likes

Yea I did a quick search putting in entheon clones and kinda hit a road block. Thought maybe I misunderstood. Thanks for researching. I have the ED coming so I don’t mind waiting for a clone. I’ll check out the ones you listed. Thanks a bunch !!!

8 Likes

you’re quite welcome.

6 Likes

Not the clone you are looking for, but this is a state side (Florida Vendor). I have order some top end mechanical mods from them and they are a good vendor. There prices are fair thier customer service is top notch.

6 Likes