Your Main Objective in Creating a Recipe?

In thinking about what I’m trying to do at the moment when creating a recipe, I wondered what others were thinking when doing the same thing. You may be looking for the right flavors for a customer, maybe you’re trying to create something that’s never been done before, perhaps your main objective is usually an ADV or a novelty. I’m curious about your habitual diy thinking and would love to hear about it.

My objective right now is to find flavors that pop for me and put them together in the simplest recipes I can. I’m not caring so much about identifying them with anything else, just as long as they’re tasty for me. What’s your thing right now?

9 Likes

Perfecting the mix lol…Actually for me it depends on the profile . If it’s a recipe that needs to be layered then that my objective …Lately ive been trying to get the creamiest fullest mouth feel . Alot of times its making sure the right taste to replicate texture … Often ill try to Create a fruit mix where I combine the fruits to create something that isnt layered but has a good linear taste that you can taste just a little of everything. Strawberry and Cream is what ive been playing with the week but not just any SB and Cream this is the one

Using the ingredients list to make this has been fun

14 Likes

I like the sound of that crema. Which condensed milk flavor have you used for this and are you using a yogurt for the sour cream?

9 Likes

Il post what ive got so far, I am trying to base recipe off real ingredients

Long Notes in note section

11 Likes

Great notes, very helpful. “I forgot the fucking whipped cream” :rofl: I was certain you would use a Greek Yogurt for the twang then I remembered the first time using Hangsen Italian Cream and detecting that unexpected sour note. I like when a mixer includes notes that explain their choices. It’s very helpful to newbs and anyone wanting to know more about certain flavor profiles. Well done, fiddy. Is this version “the one” for you?

11 Likes

I am just perpetually trying to work out a juice that I like and doesn’t cause me to get vapers tongue or flavour fatigue too quickly. I currently need to use 8 different flavours in my daily rotation or I fatigue on a single one way too quickly.

8 Likes

My first version…I want to change a couple things and see if I can improve it , the Strawberry is very mellow but in the Real Food its mellow as well . I don’t usually try to go off the ingredients of real food but I liked it , its definetely a different way to create mixes…Btw Greek Yogurt would be a great choice and being a lighter flavor than Italian Cream might let the SB through a bit more

9 Likes

THAT is the BANE of my existence. I’m always stuck is perpetual “perfecting” mode.

9 Likes

Whatever the end goal, I’m leaning more towards simpler, and less towards overly complex, for complexity’s sake.

10 Likes

I try to use actual ingredients tht r in the recipe I’m basing the liquid on & try to get it perfect through the flavors I used, i.e. - e-liquid has to be satisfying for me…, I MAY NOT always get the exact flavor I’m looking for…, but it has to b OK on the flavor & not feel like it’s missing anything… or chances r, I’ll waste it & end up making something else;(…!

10 Likes

I’m a pretty simple Ogre. I start with a mental image of something I would like to vape. Usually derived from something I like to eat or drink. Since there are no people flavors, I’m usually relegated to something like an ice cream with a topping, a cheesecake with a fruit, etc. From there I experiment to see how e-liquid concentrates will mimic that image. Sometimes ice cream, sometimes drano, if you get my drift. Sometimes I just end up with something very enjoyable that is only faintly close to the original image.

12 Likes

Trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to translate the juicy, fruity flavours in my head, into something vapable! The Holy Grail for me would be a juicy tropical fruity recipe where all of the usual suspects …pineapple, guava, passion fruit, coconut…etc, etc are present, identifiable and well balanced, without it tasting like sun tan lotion, tropical cream or some nondescript mish mash (my usual result). But I love the process! One day I WILL produce an ADV😫 In the mean time I simply mix the decent recipes the more experienced here are good enough to share.

10 Likes

Just put one together that I like. Obviously I have no idea what you envision. Contains: Mango, Banana, Pineapple, Lemon, Coconut, Mandrin, and sweetener.

11 Likes

Oh joy!! Did you happen to post it? I feel a mixing session coming on😁

7 Likes

It’s one I have on JuiceMeUp. I’ll dig it out and post it in a bit. It’s on a computer in another room and I can’t remember the password to link in on the network, lol.

8 Likes

Lol! I await it with anticipation. A decent, juicy tropical vape that is well balanced is no easy task, at least not for me.

7 Likes

Well, I admire your persistence. Sometimes I get in a mood where if the first take doesn’t suit me I move on to something different. This is prolly bad behavior on my part, lol. I might benefit by stopping and analyzing where I went wrong and try again. Patience was never my virtue but if it’s a profile I really love and want to nail it down I will keep at it. My Twix a la Mint is a good example. I thought it came out pretty well with maybe one little tweak towards perfection but I can’t be bothered because it’s not something I’ll vape often. Btw, after I created that title in my head I saw a TV commercial advertising a new mint flavored Twix for the holidays. Weird, huh? Cosmic synchronicity.

9 Likes

That statement includes 2 important messages that I can construe.

Leonardo da Vinci

Dear Quote Investigator: The following aphorism has often been attributed to the brilliant Renaissance artist Leonardo da Vinci : Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.Apr 2, 2015

…“for complexity’s sake” is a frivolous pursuit unless it’s absolutely necessary. With what we have available it seems that it’s becoming less necessary, though. What do you think?

7 Likes

We must be flexible :laughing:

9 Likes

Pineapple FA 2%
Mandrin FA 1%
Lemon Sicily FA .5%
Cactus FA .6%
Coconut Delisi .5%
Banana FA 1%
Pyure .5%

9 Likes