Your Main Objective in Creating a Recipe?

I have everything with the exception of the Coconut Delisi (though I have 10+ other Coconuts) and the Pyure (never heard of it)…any suggestions re subs or, alternatively, a source for the ‘Pyure’. I am grateful for the recipe, it gives me somewhere rational to start😁

6 Likes

Are you in the US? If so, Delosi Labs is where you can buy it. I’ll let Walt suggest his own subs for coconuts since this is his baby.

6 Likes

Nah M, in a little place north of nowhere called ‘Scotland’ :grin:. Will put out an SOS to UK/Euro mixers to see whether Delosi Labs are stocked anywhere near hand. And I will await Ogre’s response re the ‘Pyure’. My thx.

7 Likes

Auch, ah wish ah wis in a wee steid north o’ nowhere called Scootlund!
Please excuse my bad Scottish brogue but I love the sound of it and Vaping with Vic is one of my fav reviewers (not because of the brogue, I like his reviews).

I think Pyure is a name brand for the sweetner, erythritol. Give it a google fu, mate. I’ve been having a coconut conversation with a couple of blokes from the UK and they’re looking for Delosi and VSO and can’t seem to get it. Chef’s carries VSO but not the coconut for some reason. They should, it’s very realistic and a good one. Put some pressure on them, lol. I find a 2:1 ratio of FA Coco and FLV Sweet Coco works well. I also find INW Coconut Cookie very nice. I’ve tried so many and get either that waxy or suntan lotion note from them.

8 Likes

That’s looking pretty damned fine there @SmilingOgre.

@Ed133 I’m going to leave subbing the Coco up to Walt, as I too have quite a few Coco’s, and to my tastes, Delosi’s was or is, THE standout IMO.

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: Not bad Muth, you have been hangin’ with too many Jock’s.

Looking up this compound suggests it is a sweetener around 70% as sweet as sucralose so perhaps TFA sweetener @ the same %age?

I will hang fire for the Ogre’s Coco suggestion.

Keep on practising that Brogue Muth, but don’t copy Vic, he is a Weegie (Glaswegian), and here, they are a breed unto themselves🤪

9 Likes

Nb SD (Hi again). You have the advantage on me here as I have not the slightest clue what Delosi’s Coco is like so, as you suggest, I will await the good word from the venerable Ogre😉

8 Likes

@Ed133

Coconut (Delosi) 5% (8-07-19) – Stumbled across Jojo’s notes on this one, and motivated me to test. This one smelled great on mixing, and after a short steep continued to be stellar. This may be my (just like Jojo) new fav coconut. It has NONE of the “greasy” notes that some other coco’s have, but all the good parts. It imparts all the best of fresh coconut with plenty of body, great sweetness, some of the cream, and the meat. It’s all in there. Continued solo vaping @ 5% revealed no off putting notes, and I can already see this taking over my number one slot for some dragon’s blood mixes. Very full, but not cloying at this %, and can’t wait to get a bigger bottle, and start mixing with it. 10/10 .

8 Likes

I don’t use sweeteners so cannae be of any help.

I see I have my work cut out for me.

7 Likes

My thx SD, at least I have an inkling of the profile now

9 Likes

Auch, you’re torturing the poor bloke. He’ll be pining for Delosi Coconut until they set up shop in Scotland, lol.

7 Likes

I even struggle with some of the regional variations in dialect here. For such a wee place we have a pretty wide variety of the vernacular😧

9 Likes

I just hope you end up liking it. I’ve found I have odd taste’s in comparison to most. Pyure is liquid stevia and can be bought in most grocery stores or Amazon if you like. Coconut is very much in the background in the mix so I think you could use any substitution.

9 Likes

@muth and @SessionDrummer, Thanks for jumping in and helping out. This old Ogre fell asleep. My second most favorite thing… a nap.

10 Likes

Delisi coconut is the best I have found. Having said that I don’t like coconut however it does help calm down the acidic taste of Pineapple, Mandrin, and Lemon, so it plays a “supportive role” in this recipe.

7 Likes

I’m about ready to buy a gallon, and start breaking it down and shipping it out @muth.

9 Likes

Just discovered it goes exceptionally well after a pork roast with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and candied carrots. Great desert!!

7 Likes

Oh wait, the vanilla ice cream goes even better. Oh my, decisions, decisions, decisions.

7 Likes

I’m always trying to turn desserts into vape recipes since I’m diabetic and can’t eat all those delicious goodies :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My Thx Ogre. I shall give 'er a mix, a steep and feed back to you.

7 Likes