Zeus x mesh rta and flavor

I bought a Zeus X Mesh RTA and my mod is a DRAG 3.
I builded it zeus watching youtube tutorial so I think i built it correctly.
The problem is that I am not tasting 100% savor and my juice is not the same in other tank; In other tank is better. I feel that i lost my juice’s flavor because of zeus mesh.

What can I do to taste more my flavours using zeus x mesh rta?

5 Likes

Not sure … I get great flavor off my zeus mesh. I used the mesh that came with… Wicked just like my profile rda’s…
Some ppl don’t like mesh… but to me it’s very flavorful. Is this your first mesh rda/rdta?

4 Likes

Yes, it’s my first mesh rta. I had used the tank which came with drag 3 until then. I bought zeus 2 days ago. Maybe should I buy other mesh to try other experience, or other cotton… ?

2 Likes

I find it surprising that you aren’t getting good flavor out of this. The ZX is my goto tank and I use it daily with fantastic results. I’m not sure what you could be doing to mute the flavor as it’s a straight forward deck to build on. What kind of mesh are you using? Have you had a mesh tank before?

Sorry, I see you answered the question already. Maybe it’s your cotton? Make sure you’re packing as much cotton as you possibly can into that coil. Also, what wattage are you vaping at?

4 Likes

My guess would be that you’re using too much cotton. It’s my opinion that those pre measured laces (for lack of a better term) contain way too much. Every single one I’ve come across is just too much. I always get better results using less than what companies expect you to use.

It all started with the Profile RDA. I used one of those big 6mm wads that came with it and it barely fit. The flavor was poor and the squonking action sucked. After re wicking it with less cotton, both of those areas improved quite a bit. You need “just enough”. Use too little and it will not be a pleasant day on your throat.

The first thing I’d try is using less cotton in the wicking channels. The goal is for liquid to be able to absorb into the cotton freely. If the wicking channels are packed too tightly, it can create a choke point of sorts.

10 Likes

I built it again with your tips, put less cotton (just enough) and the voltage at 65 watts and got a good taste.

Thanks for the answers, @INOIROC @Lostmarbles

8 Likes

My Zues is right up there with my Doom X Mesh Rta when it comes to flavor.My biggest issue with the Zues def isn’t flavor it Leaks more out of the airflow holes more than any of my 6 mesh rtas AND I have to even hold it upright n not on an angle or I get spit back when its over half full.I put up with these things simply for its flavor.I don’t like the hollow popping or cheap build deck either with the tiny grub screws exactly like the profile m but the Kylin M and Doom X are just better built n more heavy duty.The Zues is a nice looking tank too at least.So I have my gripes about it but was shocked about the flavor comment if your using Geekvape mesh 2 packs…they seem the best but other mesh fits it too by knockoff companies that aren’t too bad and at least they come in 10 pks like BMTD Mesh fits it and Ofrf I believe does too but the greatest flavor I get is From #150SS Vandy Vape mesh by the 5 ft spool u have to cut to size n its 4$!!! It will last forever it just takes a tank full to break in first as it has a slight metal taste at first but when it breaks in its fantastic.I use their N80 and Kanthal spools too.I have a lifetime supply of VV mesh now for dirt cheap lol

4 Likes

Leaking? I haven’t had a single instance of leaking or gurgling on my Zeus Mesh. I would look at the wicking and make sure you’re getting the tails right. An issue which happened to me, was during cleaning the tank, I didn’t notice that the inner chamber insert in the cap had fallen out and created a horrible air flow situation and made it difficult to vape. Luckily I found it in my sink and hadn’t gone into the disposal. Popped it back in and problem solved. Hope you figure out what’s going on with yours.

3 Likes

Ok ill make sure it has the chimney insert…i can’t see that I would lose or misplace it .I know my wicking is good as I have 6 mesh Rtas n I’m pretty good at that part but it does make sense im the only one who’s complained about it leaking.If its missing i have a broken profile m and the zues build deck n even grub screws look identical, maybe that inner chimney will fit cause ill never find it now if it is nissing but I noticed this issue the first week cause I vape in bed while watching TV n like to leave my mod kinda on my shoulder/chest area while I type on my phone n if I turn airflow off they never leak on my shirt as its only on a slight angle but the zues leaks even on a slight angle for ten seconds n gets all over my shirt n mod so I’m def gonna check when I finish the half tank of DIY cappuccino I made…that would explain a lot.There is a slim chance the chimney never came with it or its on there right now lol…I can’t quite remember as I have multiple Rtas going at once.Thank you ill be sure to check that n would move the Zues mesh Rta up to my 2nd favorite mesh tank behind the Doom X lol.(I’ve thought of the wicking n made sure its right) So I have a lead to look into n can’t believe I hadn’t thought of that myself unless like I said its likely on there or never showed up but idk sounds unlikely… ill know soon enough Thnx man :+1:

4 Likes

Ok 2nd reply…if u read other comment first about chimney insert…i just checked the chimney insert is there but…i didn’t finish vaping all the juice but flipped tank upside down n unscrewed deck to check for chimney insert n of coarse its always stuck inside chimney till u pop it out n place it correctly with slots over grub screws and also to check if u trimmed cotton enough for it to fit it to fit over your cotton right? Well in this case I couldn’t do it that way cause would require holding build deck upright n Id spill my juice everywhere that was left but I had to know lol so instead I held it upside down n tried my best to line the slots back up n screw deck back on.Well it seemed lined up but as I was tightening it i could feel the screws scraping the insert naturally so it didn’t stay put n must be spinning with the chimney…the odd thing is, putting it together like that -its not leaking even holding it upside down! lol.This is weird cause I know your not supposed to do it that way but why is it now not leaking when I know your supposed to normally place insert on properly, then screw glass n chimney tank on.WIERD but it is almost empty so not sure it’s solved with 3/4 of a tank full it could still leak but I’m not complaining n will figure this out but all my other tanks and I’m sure this tanks no exception need to be put together properly but it is weird this wrong way of putting it back together helped it not leak.I never knew about chimney inserts when I got my first mesh profile m, I didn’t know they popped out as an amateur so that too would scrape lines into the chimney but seemed fine regardless but those never leak…well,till that rubber fill port membrane tore then the profile started leaking too but used my back up profile tank n was more careful with it. Hope u understand these detailed replys but the Zues isn’t leaking now but I’m not gonna build it the wrong way so I can’t explain any of this really.

3 Likes

Whatever the cause, whatever the fix…it’s working now, so yippeee!

3 Likes

My first choice mesh rta with the Vandy Vape spool, I too didn’t like much the GeekVape mesh coils

4 Likes

Yup.sorry for writing a whole novel about it,i get carried away typing like I’m doing right now :joy:lolol

1 Like

I like the Geekvape mesh a lot but id like it more if there was more than 2 per box but just got 12 boxes from china cheap. I like the VV spools too they just seem to take a whole tank full to break in n get rid of that weird metal taste.The SS150,300, N80100 and the Kanthal 80 all do the same-Taste like craps at first till about 100 puffs then it goes away n the flavor shines.You know how the VV is more like metal fabric than a reg thick mesh strip? Well the N80 most resembles a reg piece of mesh as its thicker with bigger holes and I was able to vape that at 110 Watts easy…It has great flavor but not quite as good as the SS but I gotta admit I struggled with this VV mesh n thought it was my wickibg or hot spots but its neither…it just takes a long time to break in and tastes awful till it finally does…fhen out of nowhere the flavor comes ALIVE.Nobody but me ever seems to have this bad experience with it when its first wicked.Do you have any issues breaking it in?? Cause precut mesh breaks in within 10 puffs and I’ve remeshed 100s of times with multiple mesh RTAs but that VV is tough to break in.I even preheated them n pushed the Watts high before wicking but didn’t help.U have any tips or could share similar experience so I know its not just me? Thnx

2 Likes

Sorry you are having trouble with the VV, I use the SS 200 it reads at 0.21ohms at 58watts. and I’m happy with it, I been using it for a good while now haven’t noticed any metal taste like you described above,

3 Likes

P.S it is a way better after a few puffs yes and I noticed that it lasts longer than any other mesh strips

2 Likes

Damn it …absolutely has to be my wicking then, which I felt I’ve had every mesh tank down patt with wicking.Maybe I need to get as much cotton(which I feel I have) under that mesh as possible.The fact its so flimsy always makes me feel I can get it even tighter.Cause everyone told me that’s how they use their VV mesh.What u think about that?

2 Likes

It could be the wicking, which cotton do you use?

3 Likes

What I figured is that the VV mesh is soft so the moe cotton you push in the better, not too much though

3 Likes

I only use this cotton for the VV mesh, it fits perfectly and it’s good taste from the first puff

3 Likes