Any one have the NFFO1 Mixer?

@Cutlass92

Okay you talked me into it think I’ll give eBay a shot
Found this on eBay think I’ll order one for my birthday it’s in February

3 Likes

I think you overestimate things. Personally I’d bet those that mix at/over 400ml would be maybe 5% of ELR.

4 Likes

Makes sense.
I mean, with all the time to fish… And confiscated hauls to “dispose of”… :wink:
(I keed, I keed) :laughing:

1 Like

That looks like a nice unit, I know I come off as an a$$ hole but I do a lot of reading and try to share that so everyone else doesn’t have to.

Naw you don’t , just enjoy hearing both sides of the story… no one is better than the other

Unless of corse the end result is unvapable

1 Like

I saw that . How about this

http://flavor-pro.com/e-liquid-steeping-tips-mixing-shaking-and-stirring/#1479576439417-de300e6e-8c80

I don’t have it, but I want to chime and say that 140-150 heated is a preferred method for me in mixing most flavors. From the pictures etc, this unit looks horrible. Too bad. I looked at it with interest but now, there is no way I’d touch it. Thank you for sharing your experience.

1 Like

This looks like a cheap 2.00 thermo electric heater in there, that while doesn’t require the kind of power for a real ceramic heater. I’m not liking the design of this unit at all.
:frowning: So sorry… I am extremely happy about you doing a tear down and posting the images. It could be salvaged I’m sure, you seem like you have more than a clue on what’s happening in there.!! Great work.

To Quote @ozo A heated mag stirrer may be unnecessary as the friction of a lengthy mag-stir generates sufficient heat by the time it’s done. @SthrnMixer sorry to hear about your experience with the Nitecore! Did the added Magnets add any power?

I think others have made the joke that the original Product picture featured in the #1 OP is mixing a shot of Scotch and not a VG-based liquid

3 Likes

It did not. Zero sum gain as I suspect the extra magnetic force resulted in less “slippage” of the stir bar, but slower rotation of the motor. Even heated VG is still too viscous for this sad little device.

This is wide open on 90ml of water…

https://i.imgur.com/2WLZnCH.jpg

3 Likes

Maybe try a wider bottle?

Hi, guys & gals!! I’m sorry it took me forever to post a response to this question. I bought mine directly from NItecore, and it’s a great mixer but the instructions are quite vague so I haven’t yet mastered the deal… :frowning:

2 Likes

How do you do that

1 Like

What makes it great? What are you comparing it to?

2 Likes

I took this advice and bought one without heat, im not getting any temp increase due to friction so beware, i might have bought too good of one - https://stirrers.net/products/ms-s-circular-top-analog-magnetic-stirrer - it works well and is a pleaure to use ! Beware of the heated model it has bad reviews

3 Likes

yeah older models “friction” may be because of the old HD motor in an enclosed box. not in the liquid. Thanks for the heads up

2 Likes

You may eant to try increasing the size of the spin bar i use the longest one i can get away with and i use a smooth bar, thoery is a smooth bar has less resistamce and will spin easier in thick liquids

2 Likes

When im too lazy to do a water bath i just use a hair dryer to warm it up a little to 85 - 90 degrees, and thats only when theres high alcohol content in the mix and i need to aerate it with a strong vortex to drive the alcohol out

2 Likes

What makes a magnetic stirrer strong? I mean strong enough to mix 70/30 250ml. What is the max. upm it should have?