Are you ready for some Football?

Maybe not, Pats didn’t look so great last week. Technically neither did Pittsburg but that’s because last weeks game was a strickly Defensive game, not a shootout like many games. Put two of the best defenses in football in a game and that’s the kinda game you get…

2 Likes

Oh I laughed my ass off and rewound it about a dozen times to laugh some more.

2 Likes

I hope you are right.

2 Likes

It’s not just Bell they have to worry these days. After last week they now call it the 4 B’s. Ben, Bell, Brown, and now Bosworth. The Pats WILL have to play their best, not like last week to beat Pittsburg (if they play their best as well). If Pittsburg comes to play the Pats just may be in trouble. I have my fingers crossed for Pitt…

3 Likes

Oh, did I mention I make Chili every year for Superbowl, and how much better it always tastes when Pittsburg is in the Superbowl…lol

4 Likes

If they win today I will bring some Mexican cornbread to go with the chili.

2 Likes

Congrats Falcons! They earned their trip to the Super Bowl!!

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more , they played a great game.
@ringling You have no idea how bad I want you to be right.I knew better that to bet on GB today but I bet on the Patriots because I feel it is a lock.:scream:
I will be happier if the Steelers crush New England but I just don’t see it.

1 Like

I think that’s a big if.

And not to pull against your team, but since I no longer have a dog in the fight, I want the most exciting Super Bowl possible. IMO that’s ATL/NE. Sorry, I think ATL/PIT would be very, very lopsided.

2 Likes

But then we have to take the chance of New England winning the Super Bowl again! :flushed:I am still hopeful that Pittsburgh can pull it off!
I will say that I am no longer sure that NE will win the Super Bowl!

It’s certainly looking that way. Damn. Hope the Falcons kick their ass!!!

1 Like

The playing I see of Pitt today, even I agree…

1 Like

Well I didn’t have Pittsburgh’s playing today in mind, rather the tare Atlanta has been on. They look very good right now and Matt Ryan is doing some terrific work. But we’ll see. I’m still saying NE wins the SB by 3. Only because of gut instinct. I hope I’m wrong and the Falcons shut them down.

2 Likes

I know what you mean , The Patriots are a hard team to judge in terms of how good they really are.They seem to only play as well as their opponents during the regular season but they always have a good game plan when it comes to the playoffs.
Go Falcons!:smiley:

1 Like

Mondays experts here!

1 Like

No… it’s still Sunday here!
I can see we should not be expecting you to join us anytime soon!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No sorry can’t join in. I know everything about the Australian version. Enjoying knowing everything about yours vicariously through you guys.

Doesn’t matter where you are - when it comes to football, armchair expertise levels are through the roof.

I think I like GB - I mean what is a packer anyway? And they have fans called cheeseheads if I’m right. I got to be on a good thing. Oh yes same colours sorry colors as the Australian sporting colours, shit colors. Enjoy your last few games it’s crunch time. Will your predictions play out.

For fun why don’t you predict winner of super bowl and margin.

I’ll go, GB by 22

1 Like

That explains it! No wonder we lost !:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I feel you should be a Patriots fan…pretty please with sugar on top!:smile:
They have the same colors as your motherlands flag , before they banished all of you convicts.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
A little history for our newest fanboi
Green Bay Packers - Wikipedia[quote=“Volition, post:263, topic:83324”]
For fun why don’t you predict winner of super bowl and margin.
[/quote]

Atlanta Falcons 31
New England Patriots 27
There it is!

2 Likes

Oh the cheeseheads lost. Ha, I couldn’t have put the mocker on them. I posted already after they lost. Not my fault.

I support the 49ers - favourite US city , closely followed by New Orleans, Boston, Houston & New York. With LA a dead set last, crap hole that reminds me of the suburbs of Sydney. Yuck, not my thing.

I believe the 49ers are crap at the moment. We get game of the week here in Oz on free to air tv. I enjoy watching it, the nuances sometimes escape me. For the most part I can follow.

1 Like

Maybe this helps explain why I love Green Bay. That even as a 5 year old, I knew I hated big cities.

And I do. Got no use for any of the ones you mentioned. I’m sure they have their virtues, but there are enough other people there to enjoy them that they don’t need me.

I do like Sidney though. Sidney Nebraska. Oh and about 1,000 other little podunk towns across the US which would include a lot up in the North East. If the population is under 10k I will probably like it.

As for the Super Bowl I predict NE wins by 3. So…

NE 23
ATL 20

2 Likes