Be polite and introduce yourself! (2017)

Hey Tim and welcome to join in on the craze! :balloon:

3 Likes

Hello Community. I donā€™t know if i introduce my self or not but no problem:) My name is Theo and i started vaping 4 months ago. Purchase Griffin 25 which is amazing and building custom coils as well as i have started they DYI e-liquids. This webpage is amazing with so many flavors and e-recepies. No need to smoke and when i did on the 2nd month i felt so disgusted. Vaping is the way for me now!:slight_smile:

11 Likes

Welcome Theo. Glad you are here.

4 Likes

Welcome @Theo5 @Gambit117 and @Billy14 !!

4 Likes

Hello Everyone!
Iā€™m Ash from Toronto, Canada and I have a serious Sweet Tooth :smile: 27 years of smoking and @ 30/day it came to an end on Oct 27 2015, the day after I started vaping. I was a flavour chaser before I even knew the term. I love my desserts & baked goods, the sweeter the better. After a few months of vaping I progressed from pre made coils to building my own on my sub tank mini rba, to finally purchasing a few RTAs, RDAs, RDTAs and focusing on building coils for flavour. Iā€™ve been playing with mixing my pre made e juice to create flavours more to my taste but itā€™s time to move on to making my own e juice. Iā€™ve been reading and researching for some time now, but the more I learn the more I find there is so much more to learn! Itā€™s time to bite the bullet and get started DYI while I continue my researching simultaneously. Iā€™ve found this group to be invaluable. Endless practical information & tools, a great group of friendly people & a welcoming atmosphere. Thank you in advance for the help Iā€™ll be needing on this journey and hopefully in time Iā€™ll be able to contribute to the group as well.
Ash (Sweet Tooth)

14 Likes

Welcome Sweet Tooth. Congratulations, you found the absolute BEST vape forum on the interwebz

7 Likes

Welcome Ash and any of the other new folks Iā€™ve missed. Itā€™s absolutely the best forum on any subject that Iā€™ve ever found, anywhere. Watch out for the occasional debauchery though, heehee! :joy:

4 Likes

Iā€™m new as well and this site has been awesome just waiting for someone to crack my favorite ejuice recipe now haha

6 Likes

Hello,
New here and to mixing not vaping tho.
Quit smoking 8 months ago now and all due to vaping.
I quit the day i got a good vape set up and havenā€™t smoked since.
It wasnā€™t just the smoking I chewed and used nicorette when i couldnā€™t smoke because i spend long hours working in poisonous and explosive environments so i just had the nicotine going non stop.
Anyway,since my first order of vaping supplies Iā€™ve mixed up,strawberries and cream,mothers unicorn milk,strawberry cheesecake,strawberry kiwi,some sweet raspberry and some blueberry donutsā€¦
Maybe tomorrow iā€™ll get around to mixing a couple to sit and steep a bit for the wife,sheā€™s not really much of a vaper but she kept taking mine away and wouldnā€™t give it back on nights out so i bought her a little pico with a mega one tank so i could hold onto mine.
She had me order her some stuff I might try,but iā€™ll mix her up something in a chai tea and a tiramisu she wanted to try.
Just wanted to thank everyone for the recipes,the savings and the entertainment so far.
Didnā€™t really mean to go on like this so sorry for the babbling all i really meant to say was
Hello:)

11 Likes

Welcome Ash, Experiment and Buckshot!

3 Likes

Hi @SweetTooth @experiment and @Buckshot47 ! Welcome to the coolest forum with the best people! :wink: Glad to have yā€™all on board!

5 Likes

Hello everybody! :slight_smile:
First day on the forum and a recent vaper.
I have been vaping for a month and a half and havenĀ“t touched a cigarette ever since!
Definitely a lot to learn here and hopefully one day, I can contribute back with some of my own e-juice recipes. :wink:
Iā€™ll be aroundā€¦
Regards;

10 Likes

Welcome VapingWind! Glad you are here.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome!! Iā€™ll be waiting to see those recipes you come up with! :wink:

5 Likes

@Saxon2 @Mizzz_Z_Hobbit you both referred to this group as the absolute best one. During my research I came across many groups dedicated to DYI but I found myself coming back here time and again. This one is the ā€˜absolute bestā€™ :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Hello new peoples! Great to have you here :+1::smiley:

4 Likes

Hello all. My name is Dustin. Iā€™ve enjoyed my time reading and talking to all the wonderful people here at ELR and Iā€™ve seen this thread pop up quite a few times, so I figured itā€™s finally time to introduce myself. Itā€™s a little late, but whatever.

Iā€™ve been vaping for about a year now. Iā€™ve gained a bit of a following for my reviews on JuiceDB. I really enjoy trying and reviewing new (to me) juice, but it gets expensive if Iā€™m not winning giveaways (which Iā€™ve won alot due to my activity on /r/electronic_cigarette), so I decided to give DIY a try. Iā€™ve been mixing my own liquids since late Nov/early Dec. So far Iā€™ve just been mixing up othersā€™ and slight modifications of othersā€™ recipes, but Iā€™ve been brainstorming a bourbon poached pear thatā€™s a little different from the ones Iā€™ve seen on ELR. My vape setup is the 22mm Siren GTL and Lavabox M, with my backup is my second Siren and HCigar VT75 Nano, and an iCare as my backup backup. My testers are two O-Atty clones. Once I bought the Siren and O-Atty I sold all my other RTAs and RDAs. Best devices that Iā€™ve owned, for me anyway.

A few other things about me:

• Most importantly, Iā€™m a loving uncle to my little sisterā€™s kids, my nephew (9 yo) and nieces (6 yo, 1.5 yo).
  • (Very) amateur photography. I love nature photography and taking candids of my nephew and nieces. Here are my photographs from a camping trip in Rocky Mountain National Park and a short day trip to Yellowstone from last summer.
  • Iā€™m an economics PhD student at a university in northern Virginia. My research area is history of economic thought (the economic thought and philosophy of folks who have long been dead).
  • Iā€™m a huge MMA fan. I got into watching it in the early(ish) UFC and Pride days before the sport blew up and have seen many organizations and fighters come and go.
  • A big fan of A Song of Ice and Fire series of booksā€“the books that HBOā€™s Game of Thrones is based on. My favorite character in the book series is Cersei. Iā€™m also a fan of the Greyjoys. I love the GoT HBO series too, especially those early seasons. I try not to compare the HBO series to the books, but I adore the early seasons of GoT because it followed so closely to the books. My favorite characters in the series are Bronn and Varys.
  • I like other movies and TV series. A few of my favorite movies: Dark City, The Big Lebowski, Life of Bryan, Dr Strangelove, Paint Your Wagon, Toy Story, and Forrest Gump. A few of my favorite TV series: Black Sails, The Sopranos, The Wire, Stranger Things, and Westworld.
  • Since Sept 2015 I lost 140 lbs. Detailed here.
10 Likes

Welcome Dustin!

Do you still review e-juice and if so can you link a vid? I will subscribe to your channel.

There is a UFC thread floating around here somewhere but it hasnā€™t been active as of late.

4 Likes

Welcome all newcomers. Browse through and absorb as much as you can. If you need help let us know. There are no dumb questions. Wait, there are and @Pugs1970 has probably asked them all. So no worries he has you all covered.

8 Likes

9 Likes