Best Kayfun Clone

If the Mod is not a TC mod then I would use 316L SS wire

2 Likes

Sorry I should have mentioned, I used the kanthal a1 wire. I did raise the coil at least a couple of mm over the air hole after seeing a video of a build.

1 Like

The only thing that comes to mind is use a 2.5 mm id instead of a 3mm and see if that helps.
Or is it only one paticular juice it does it with?

1 Like

you can run Ti with that mod right ?

1 Like

If it runā€™s ti then that 0.3 build will be great. 26g ti 2.5mm id 7/8 wraps. Nice clean tasty vape. :yum:

1 Like

Iā€™ll try with 2.5 mm and will also try ss wire.

1 Like

Yes it can run ti. It also does TC but my vaping diy confidence is only just about beginning to grow now.

2 Likes

Then I suggest using ss wire. It can be used in both tc and power modes. The best all round wire today.

2 Likes

Well the main thing about Ti wire is you must use it in TC and you can NOT dry fire it[quote=ā€œPattie, post:149, topic:14488ā€]
Then I suggest using ss wire.
[/quote]

I agree 100% :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, so I see!..However it was your post that inspired me.
Just for the recordā€¦ I tried a different build in it this time. I got 3/4 of a tank of pure Kf bliss & thought I was in the clear ā€¦& then the death rattle started. The Fkn thing is now officially dead to me! But the good news is that a SJMY V5 is now on my shopping list!!

1 Like

@Rob62, Iā€™d like to pick your brains about the v5ā€¦ I was just about to place my order & then thought Iā€™d check some reviews. I was disappointed to discover its not so much a MTL unless youā€™ve got the MTL kit.
MTL is really what Iā€™m looking for here - thats why i got the v4. A couple of the reviewers said it ā€˜sort-ofā€™ did a MTL, butā€¦
It seems the kit isnt an option for me- cant find one over here, & Iā€™m certainly not going to spend what would probably be $50 by the time its shipped.
So, questions areā€¦
Just how airy is it on its tightest setting? Are you familliar with the Nautilus mini? If so, would it be as airy a Naut on its widest setting?
Could there possibly be another way to restrict the air flow to get a tighter draw? possibly by obscuring the air intakes or something?? IDKā€¦ grasping at straws hereā€¦ Iā€™d really appreciate your thoughts.

1 Like

where do you live ?

http://www.cremedevape.com/Kayfun-5-MTL-Airflow-reducer

This is In the UK

You can get a M to L hit on setting # 1 ā€¦ itā€™s just that some people like a tighter draw so they made the M to L kit

I never had a Nautilus so I can not compare the two of them

2 Likes

The M to L kit WILL work with the SJMY K5 clone

1 Like

The SJMY Kayfun 5 is so tight for me on the lowest setting, I can get a draw. I no longer MTL, but I did a couple years ago.
I will set mine again on the single dot air flow, check it out, then come edit my experience.

Edit: Yeah, maybe the single dot is not restricted enough for you MTLā€¦but I am not a good tester in that modeā€¦it just made me cough.

1 Like

Australiaā€¦ the arse end of the earth when it comes to these things!
Yes, Iā€™ve been to cremedevape. Iā€™ll inquire with them about shipping costs, but from experience Iā€™m thinking itā€™ll be exy.[quote=ā€œRob62, post:153, topic:14488ā€]
itā€™s just that some people like a tighter draw
[/quote]

Thats me, but maybe Iā€™ll X my fingers n give it a shot ā€¦at worst Iā€™ll just have another DL tank!
Thx for gettin back!

1 Like

Well, if it made you cough maybe its not too bad.
Thx for that ozo, I appreciate you doing that!

1 Like

I use the Triton Mini mostly on a fully open air flow. Even on the smallest air flow setting on the kayfun v5, I still couldnā€™t quite manage the rush of vape hitting the back of the throat. So I bought the MTL kit which arrived yesterday. I put in the 1.4 mm piece and the draw feels really nice and smooth now. Tighter than a Triton mini on fully open air flow but still nice and easy for me to manage. I might try the 1.6mm next when I do the coil and see how that feels.
Bear in mind this kit is a bit of an after thought by svoemesto. If you want to try a different size, the coil needs to come off first.

2 Likes

Thx for that info @DIYer_Straitsā€¦ very helpful. Sounds like Iā€™ll be getting the kit as well.

2 Likes

Open up your juice flow to 3 full turns on your Kayfun 5 as @wvsanta just posted today

Better Flavor

No Dry hits

Well @Rob62ā€¦ I finally took the plunge on the V5 & V3 mini; went with 3FVapeā€¦ the V3 mini for the wife and the V5 for meā€¦ SJMY version. Gotta sayā€¦ couldnā€™t be happier! :grinning: Thanks for all of your posts of advice. :sunglasses:

3 Likes