Best RTA in your rotation?

I just ordered a Griffin 25 Plus

2 Likes

The Griffin is nice. The Limitless RDTA has been a new all day vape for me now.

1 Like

I have a limitless and a limitless gold love them too

1 Like

I’m testing out the Serpent SMM and so far it’s been really great. If you like a restricted lung hit full if flavor this version of the Serpent is right up your alley. I only wish the tank held 1 or 2 more mils of juice

2 Likes

Just put my 1st build in the SMM last night. Pretty marginal with a 3mm 26g build @1 ohm. I will have to put it thru its paces with other builds and figure it out. I dunno how its a restricted lung hit without darn near closing the airflow completely! Hopefully a larger diameter coil will give me a little more restriction. I likely won’t try any art coils till I determine if the hype is real as the art coils tend to work as band aids on poorly designed atty’s! (I do not think this is a poorly designed atty)

1 Like

You dont think it restricted? I’m guessing you’re a mtl kinda person? If so then yes this is for sure open airflow :wink: To me it’s tight compared to a lot of RDA’s and RTA’s I have. Mtl device? Nah I don’t think so. It is a damn good flavor RTA though :+1:

1 Like

No I am not a mtl guy but not a fan of wide open draws either. The AFC on the SMM does work phenomenally well. My Aromamizer V1s have seved me so well the only other atty"s I have bought in the last 2 yrs have been a coupe of K5’s. Apparently the “subjectivity” of whats called restrictive nowadays has drastically changed! When I 1st started vapin we had to drill our own airholes to get any airflow at all and back then a 3.2mm airhole was considered wide open lol. Also remember if you are running an art coil your diameter is much larger than my 1st build which will give you a more restricted draw. I am workin so many hrs. right now it may take a couple weeks to get this one dialed in for me but I am pretty optimistic I will get there!

1 Like

Right now, at the moment, after considerable consternation, I have chosen the Ammit 25 single coil. My cup of tea. Another surprising honorable mention is the OBS Engine after getting the right build in it to produce some flavor. Round wire was pretty lack luster. 2x28+32 SS did the trick.

4 Likes

Drillin airholes out…yep thats old school lol. I used the coils that came with the serpent for the first build and it does fill up the deck pretty good. I’m sure that it did cut down on the airflow, probably more than I realize. Did your serpent come with quad core claptons too?

I had not looked till you mentioned it ( I knew they were there) but there are 3 coils that frankly I cannot believe came from china! They look really good!

1 Like

Now I get it… your a friggen tease tryin to make me skip ahead in my process :wink:

1 Like

No! Lmao you vape em when you feel its right brother! Then tell me what you think of them!

1 Like

The thing with RTA’s is that there are a lot of variables that will ultimately boil down to your own personal preferences. If you don’t mind tinkering with wicking (many of the good ones can be finicky including Aromamizer’s, Griffins, Ammits and many others and then there are the air-flow variances (turbulent or smooth) and then so on and on. Best advice is if you find one that suits your day to day ADV needs buy another of the same. I personally like trying different styles but have been coming back to my original single coil Merlin, just because I like the vape. Sure a couple times daily I’ll pull on a dual coil and blow some clouds or do some flavor testing on a 22mm Kennedy type or Goon (I still like the 22mm RDA’s)…all I’m trying to say is that just cause Rip or Mike Vapes or GG says it’s the best thing since sliced bread, find what you like and just keep vaping! & thanks to all the mixers for the dope recipes too! If I ever make one I feel good enough to publish, I will.

4 Likes

You’re exactly right about all rta’s being finicky. They all wick different it seems. Once I figure out how it wicks and do it a couple of times I can get it done pretty fast. My first few rta’s I would wick them and fill the tank only to have the juice pour out the airflow. Thats the worst thing ever! Finally I learned to barely add any juice until I know its wicking properly lol

2 Likes

Amen! I buy RTA’s with the mindset of “lets see what I can do with this one”. The Crystal Ball has tiny little holes to let the juice in from the side. Had to pack that thing with cotton. No problems wicking. It was all about stop the flood. Others are more like dangle some cotton ends down and do everything possible to suck up some juice. So far only a couple have beat me and I think they had some inherent flaws that I could never compensate for with builds, but who knows as I encounter more designs maybe more answers too. Not too many things one can buy and have that much fun with for the price.

1 Like

yep, same/same with the filling technique, first couple times around the block with a new RTA!

1 Like

My favorite also!

1 Like

Merlin by Augvape. Easy to build on, great flavor, no leaks. I have three of them.

3 Likes

Sounds like the Mutank RTA from Indulgence. Going from a Billow V2/Zephyrus to the Mutank was a frustrating experience, to say the least. Both the Billow and the Zeph will absolutely give you nothing but dry hits if you so much as even THINK of using a little more cotton. The Mutank? You could probably use a full sheet of cotton and still get the occasional seepage from the base of the dang thing. Totally different beasts, but great at what style of vape the designer was aiming for.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to try the Mutank after GrimGreen said it was the best thing since sliced bread. I still might end up with one just because it’s so cool lol. I’d have to buy the velocity style deck for it though cause I hate rta’s that use 3 post decks (you never get them dead center over the airflow). Is the flavor pretty good on it?