Does anyone lose their voice more than once a year who vapes?

While I do not believe harsh nic leads to issues like voice loss, I was increasingly annoyed by the harshness over the years. I’ve found that nic salts in the same strength as the traditional freebase nic eliminated all the harshness for me. If you want to simply relieve that harshness, you could consider switching to salts. Again, not related to the voice loss symptoms, just a fix for the throat hit if that bothers you.

5 Likes

Ahhh so. As long as they’re in time, and on key eh? Noted…

So, for those who don’t make the grade…
Do you start with the extremities that aren’t required to play the particular instrument as a warning (appetizer)? Or go straight to the offending limb (penalty)? :rofl:

7 Likes

what nic do you use ?
brand
vg or pg base

3 Likes

Every case is thoroughly evaluated and treated accordingly. Professional courtesy.

9 Likes

General rule of thumb is, “if you can’t use it, you loose it”.

8 Likes

@paingawd said he had some broken toes he’d like to get rid of… :wink:

I dunno maybe you’re not into any Foot Stuff

8 Likes

How often did you lose it when you were smoking? My first inclination is to agree with those who remind you to stay hydrated. Vaping sucks the moisture out of our tissues far more than you might imagine. Try making some herbal tea with honey. Another issue is that some people are sensitive to PG. There are threads on here about using distilled water and vodka to thin the VG enough that very little or no PG is needed.

My experience is that I’m losing it a lot less in fact my singing voice has come back. Not that I’m good enough to perform anywhere but I no longer sound like a strangled frog, not so bad I’d be on the menu of any hungry Ogres. :wink:

11 Likes

Good advice, but I have become intrigued lately with all the anecdotal stories re: “Nicotine Salts” being easier on the throat. I personally vape a little cooler wattage and 2mg nic%

Oh and I hate to say it as some kinda fact but I stopped using alcohol (1% of 100 proof vodka) because i was having these type issues (soon after adding on the reg) …stopped (went back to using PG) and throat issues stopped.

10 Likes

I can assure you my story is not anecdotal. I wouldn’t say I have a ‘sensitivity’ to the harshness of FB nic. But I have grown to resent it. I used FB at 3MG and I use salt at 3MG as well. The harshness has literally, for me AND for the wife, disappeared completely. It’s been perfect for me. YMMV. But again, I can tell you with 100% non-anecdotal certainty that it works for me.

Although, by definition I suppose, my account is technically anecdotal since I have not backed this with any sort of scientific lab work. Just my own experience. I can draw deeply and not cough out the exhale anymore as I used to do, thanks to the harshness binding my throat before.

6 Likes

Pretty much all on point. Look at the pg/vg ratio. Maybe change you nic supplier. Drink more water. Looks at the flavors your vaping. You need to trouble shoot all of these.

6 Likes

No worries Brofessor. I don’t mean to imply anything negative re: “Anecdotal”. Its only used by me as opposed to say a double blind study with 100+ people. This whole Forum is all about sharing our personal experiences and to me that’s “anecdotal” …still extremely valuable.

Last Holiday Season …T-Giving → Christmas/New Years I was vaping Distilled Water and Ethanol thinned juice (no PG except flavs) and quickly started having sore throat issues (3 times in a couple months). I tried to approach scientifically and did deep cleaning ( carpets, HVAC etc) to eliminate other possibilities, but analyzed when it started and what I had changed and made the call …and ordered some PG. Since the switch I have had zero upper respiratory problems …and they ended immediately.

See? While valuable to consider (I tried to be as scientific as possible), still retains that storytime element …and the reason I never posted about it before. I also value your contribution here and you’re one of the people I am listening to re: Nic Salts …even tho you are waaay older than me [LoL!] :hugs:

8 Likes

Yeah, I tend to use a more colloquial reference for anecdotal, i.e. “I heard once” or “My friend said”. That, of course, is just about totally unreliable. It’s easy to just say you read or heard something. I listen more closely if people are relaying their own actual experience. Sometimes, like this for instance, it is difficult (maybe even unnecessary) to quantify harshness scientifically. In other words, I didn’t take offense to your statement, just clarifying that my statements aren’t rumor but firsthand experience.

That’s a long way around saying ‘We Good, brah’.

9 Likes

yes but not as often as when i smoked ciggs , typically when i dont drink enough fluids

4 Likes

To be fair ozzy could never sing great, although he still puts on an awsome show.

6 Likes

Blasphemy!

9 Likes

I recently bought some Pure flavorless liquid and bought the flavors to add to it. That’s what we have in Indiana that doesn’t have a ton of sugar in it. I believe it’s 70/30. 6 mg. It’s about the strongest 6 mgs I’ve ever tried. It’s super harsh. I plan on doing my own DIY but I haven’t had the time to devote to it as I’m moving this week and don’t want it to suck. Lol

6 Likes

Ya, he’s a hoot alright.

5 Likes

commercial juices in most cases do not contain the indicated nicotine. So a 6mg commercial, is around 5.5-5.8mg DIY lol. Give that a try and see if it’s better for you.

I get a scratchy throat, sore throat, losing my voice, breathing problems, tight chest, swollen tongue if I use too much pg. I am sensitive to it, and most of my recipes are max vg or lowest I can go is 75 VG / 25PG. I from time to time try to shock my system, trying to get less sensitive, but after having vaped a couple hits from my husbands juice (70/30), I felt sick all weekend. Maybe one day it’s better but till then I have to keep that in mind.

If you get it only once a year, it might not even be vape related. Keep an eye on things you do, and monitor it a bit, but I wouldn’t be too worried about.

9 Likes

I’m in Indiana as well, anything available locally pretty much sucks lol when you start diy look into nicotine river, you could also buy low nic vg from them and plain pg and add flavor to it, it’s basically the same as what your doing currently, just better quality material to start with

7 Likes

Could you provide a link to this product, or if it’s from a local shop, a link to their site?

5 Likes