EXTENDED I'm Dreaming of a WhiteRose Christmas GIVEAWAY!

Threw in twisted Clapton’s at 1.57 ohms. What’s a good voltage to run at? Or where can I find info to show me the math?

1 Like

For some reason I can’t upload a photo

1 Like

Type in your resistance and voltage and it will show you what amps and watts your are running at.

A 1.57 build you can about max the voltage out if it is a 3S Lipo. I run a 1.3 build at 11.2 volts.

5 Likes

Any place in particular I can read up on PWM mods? I’m dying for some new gear, and I’m seriously considering a WhiteRose. I’ve been using regulated mods for the last 3+years, but I’m tired of dicking around with TC and want something new. I’ve played with mechs before in the past, but never really got into them(probably has something to do with my lack of love for RDA’s) I’d love to have a beast to power my Deja Vu RDTA, and am starting to think a PWM mod is just the ticket.

4 Likes

I’m sure you’ve already looked into the Whiterose Custom Mod thread. PWM in general is not rocket science, it limits the battery power by basically turning it on and off very quickly. It is very hard to get an accurate voltage reading because of this. Newer PWM boards like the smartPWM and the NLPWM could be different in this respect but these questions are better asked in the Facebook groups or just ask @Whiterose0818.

Personally I’ve tried 2 different Big Al’s PWM boards. Both broke after only a few months without a warning. Could be because I’ve made mistakes or just because the boards were dodgy, who knows?

Tried a smartPWM but they are… let’s say… challenging to build because they have so many wires and I haven’t found a good way to route the wires. Still working on it…

Also working on a NLPWM, chose the wrong enclosure so it it will take a while to finish, lots of filing to do. Shitty jobs without a router to cut the holes.

The cheapest half decent PWM mods I’ve seen so far were around 50GBP on eBay, anodized enclosures in different colors for 2x18650.

You should read up on Ohm’s law to get an idea on the voltage to set in order to get the correct wattage for your coil. I’ve made a spread sheet to calculate all the regulated mod would calculate. I think I’ve just broken it though… the 2nd part is still working, you set your required wattage and the resistance of the coil and get the voltage you have to set and the resulting current.

ETA
forgot the link to the spread sheet… here it is

2 Likes

Here are a few threads that will give you some accolades on WhiteRose’s work.

And he would be one of the best people to ask about what a PWM is and does. I can tell you what it did for me. It changed my entire vaping experience. Experience with regulated mods, temp control mods, tube mechs, parallel mechs, paraseries mechs, series mechs. Nothing has come close to what I get from a PWM mod.

A few things I can tell you about them. They are regulated, but at the most basic level. Low voltage, short protection, safety cut off. They will hum if you put a low build on it. Literally hum. High ohm builds and high voltage will kick in flavor so good it will make your tongue beat your brains out.

Send @Whiterose0818 a PM and he will give you all the details you need. Dude is a pleasure to work with down to every last detail.

7 Likes

Fuknaright, what that guy said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Flavor makes DNA TC taste meh imho, and I was a DNA TC disciple. The LiPo is crucial too

3 Likes

I wanna thank each and every one of you for the help and participation you guys offer in this thread and others!
You guys fucking rock!!!
If anyone has any questions or problems, please don’t hesitate to PM me!!!
Much love, Fam!!

15 Likes

Thanks for the reading material! Also, apologies for not thinking to actually search the forum. I’d blame all the LDS I did back in the 60’s, but really it was me not extracting my cranium from the ol’ bung hole!

Guess I got some reading to do…:smiley:

2 Likes

No apologies necessary. Sometimes these threads get buried but all are worth a read and you will seee some beautiful mods along the way.

3 Likes

WHITEROSE CHRISTMAS. Good luck to everyone!

3 Likes

Your a good 7 months late. But I guess if your wishing people good luck…thanks. Oh and yes…here in ‘Murcia we celebrate Christmas in October. Jk. December 25th.

5 Likes

Still a nice gesture to bump this one back up, making sure the vendors will not forget the Chrismass action for '18!

3 Likes

Kinda true. #teamfreeshit for sure. But Whiterose is an artist and not really a vendor.

3 Likes

4 Likes

WHITEROSE CHRISTMAS for an entry. Thank you for the chance.

1 Like

? seriously? thread prob good for closure @Ken_O_Where @woftam @Silhouette @Alisa

2 Likes

Congratulations on your first post ever. It’s never too late to admir the work of @Whiterose0818 …a truely valued member of our community and deeply miss.

3 Likes

get ourselves an anonymous donor again, nudge, nudge…

1 Like

So if this is expired then why was the link included in the email I just received? Oh well, I never win things like this anyway.

3 Likes