Favorite Large Tank with Stock Coils and Mod Combo

you havent made a choice yet i see , FWIW i also love crown the two tanks in my rotation are always the crown and cleito

1 Like

Yeahā€¦Iā€™m still thinking about this. I gotta buy two of whatever I land on you know.

1 Like

OK, I settled on this:

https://vapenw.com/smok-tfv12-cloud-beast-king-kit

It came in the mail today, my God. This is gonna take a little getting used to. Hot Holy Hanna Hell

ANDā€¦ now I have to buy new batteries because the batteries I have canā€™t handle this wattage!

2 Likes

Yep itā€™s hot and would take some getting used to for me. When I buy tanks and they are hot like that I pass then over to my cousin. I canā€™t do it. You would probably be better off selling it rather than buying new batteries and getting a different tank. If you want to stay away from hot tanks donā€™t get the blazer. I also did not care for the cleito exo (i think itā€™s called). I just recently won the asvape cobra and I just ordered another one in black and some more coils. Iā€™ve been very happy with it at 35 watts. Itā€™s exactly the speed I like and it fits nicely on my alien 85 mod for work.

Iā€™ll send you a D1 if you want to try it. Itā€™s a large tank and bulky but the flavor is amazing and itā€™s not a hot vape. Just pm ur address and Iā€™d be happy to get it out to you this weekend.

2 Likes

Wow!

That is so awesome of you to offer! Butā€¦I bought two of these monsters lol (I always buy two so I have a back up)

My daughter and I talked about it at length a couple hours ago. This shift to high wattage and a warm vape is an issue but myself, my son in law and my daughter all kind of became members of our vape nation 5-6 years ago. My son in law is almost 7 feet tall and 250 pounds. Heā€™s got lungs the size of an elephant so he was always running at much higher power and heavier density of vapor than we were but the 3 of us as a vape family have been through every change in the technology (and power) and pretty much rolled with it.

The worst transition was when I switched to the original sub ohm tanks. I was getting much more satisfaction from the density and amount of vapor than the pen style batteries but my ā€œrecipesā€ and the level of nicotine I was using just went out the window. I was at 6MG and had to cut it to 1.5MG to tolerate the vape. I was very frustrated. It was like starting over again with my recipes and honestlyā€¦ I almost gave up.

So that being said - here I am again with a power crank twice what I was vaping. So what do I do? I have to make a choice.

My daughter is now vaping on a .17 Ohm Coil at 80 Watts whereas before she could only handle about 35 watts (where I am right now). What she said was ā€œMama, you just gotta take it slow, run the coils at 65-70 watts and donā€™t take giant lungs hits until your lungs can handle the change againā€. The fact is, I may not be able to handle it this time - but I do want to at least try.

What I noticed immediately was the speed the nicotine hit my brainā€¦ Iā€™m vaping 1.5 MG. The nic hit is instant, thereā€™s no waiting for the nicotine to do its job (itā€™s like wow-bam-holy head rush Batman) So Iā€™m thinking Iā€™m going to have to cut the nicotine to half of what Iā€™m vaping now to do this ā€¦which actually may not be a bad thing.

Iā€™m going to run my 35 watt coils on one mod and run at 75 on the other one and see what happens. At 75 watts itā€™s warm, not steam engine hot.

2 Likes

holy moly thats a beast , i did not think you would go down that road i hope you can get use to it and enjoy

1 Like

You can get smaller coils for that tank that take less power, and work your way up if thatā€™s what you want to do.

You knowā€¦ I was thinking a higher ohm coilā€¦and then I would still get what I was after with it. I like the big tanks but I want to use stock coils. Does this tank have a stock coil that goes above .15 ohms?

1 Like

Itā€™s a beastā€¦ itā€™s an 800 pound Gorilla.

2 Likes

This one is .17 t12-v6

I like dense vaporā€¦ and cooler. Iā€™m using the Quad in it. (The two holes with 4 wire coil)

If I open the air flow valve on the TFV12 it cools it off a little but Iā€™m not getting the density of vapor I like.

The baby beast running at 37 watts is giving me a cool vape that is very dense. The coil in the Baby Beast is a .15 Coil (2 holes, 4 wires) with a severely restricted air flow in comparison to the 12, this isnā€™t making any damn sense.

Iā€™m throwing twice the power at it, its getting 3 times more oxygen but Iā€™m getting no density and twice the heat?

I know thereā€™s more wireā€¦ but what the heck?

2 Likes

So I have a tfv8 I run the dudaroney coil in it. Thatā€™s the ā€œ10ā€ coil one itā€™s .13 ohms t8-v10, I run it at 140, great flavor massive clouds, warm but not hot. not like my rta on flavor but itā€™s what I had before I got the rta.

2 Likes

This isnā€™t making any senseā€¦ maybe I will try that 12 wrap coilā€¦might restrict the air flow enough I can get the density of the vapor up (but Iā€™m still gonna have to step on the gas to get any heat running through all that wire and thenā€¦ yeah) lol

2 Likes

I just asked SMOKā€¦ (told them my story and asked them how I cool this thing off) Lets see what they say.

2 Likes

What mod are you running it on?

Iā€™m running it on two.

A releaux that goes up to 150Watts with two batteries, and a Segeli 213.

Iā€™m keeping them both set at 3.7 Voltsā€¦ doesnā€™t matter they are both hot as hot can be on the steam. If I throw the wattage below 65ā€¦ itā€™s vaping like one of those old pen style ones.

2 Likes

Can you adjust the initial hit on them?

You mean the air flow?

Iā€™m already having to hit on it MTL as opposed to a direct lung hit because of the heat.

No the power some mods have like a power hit to initially heat up the coil then bring it back down to maintain the heat.