Flavor Revolution Tasting Notes

FR butterscotch

10-27-2017
Tested at 2% and 4%
(4% was an extremely bad idea)

I’ll lead with “If all FR flavors are this potent, I’m going to be a VERY HAPPY camper!” :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I’m less than pleased with the flavor profile of this particular offering. (and that’s as kind as I can put it).

It reminds me of FW butterscotch (not to be confused with BS Natural), in so much as it’s a very light, non-rich, and way too airy. This might be great for someone who is expecting just that, and wants an non-intrusive smattering of butterscotch. But I expect butterscotch in all it’s rich glory, in all situations, because that’s what butterscotch is to me!

For those who feel like I do, I think you’d be better satisfied with FW Natural Butterscotch (as a cheap option) and the hands-down champion remains MF butterscotch (for the ultimate rich, flavorful, and accurate profile).

Stay around 1% to 1.5% MAX with this one, or you’re likely to get chemical notes. (no personal need for further testing, because it doesn’t fit my profile, even with the minor chemical notes coming through at 2%)

This will definitely be in the PIF box.

7 Likes

Here is a copy paste from my single flavor test of the electric blue, Mixed at 2%, 80/20 vg/pg, it’s at a two week steep today.

Two week test: wanko, parallel 28g, 40-45w;
Zero harshness, flavor is a little light, probably need 2.5% for a single flavor. Pretty tasty by itself, flavor is similar to the blue razz airhead candy without the taffy texture or sweetness. 2.5% with a little sweetener would be a pretty convincing airhead taste. I’m loving this flavor at two weeks, will check it again at 1 month but as it is now I don’t need to try any other blue raz flavors, this is the one.

2 Likes

Great news as all the blue raz I’ve tried were awful

5 Likes

I genuinely thought this was you saying it was crap :rofl:

4 Likes

Of the flavor revolution flavors I’ve tried, they are all very good to me plus potent.

5 Likes

No lol it’s my little flavor testing rda, if you pull the weird coil system out of it then it’s actually a really good rda for flavor, super small domed chamber, drip tip really close to the coil, great flavor just a really stupid name lol

3 Likes

It’s the best blue raz I have tried, I will probably vape it single flavor as well as in mixes

2 Likes

Flavor Revolution West Coast Punch

I mixed this at 6% in 70/30 VG/PG with 1% nic. I use a lot of TPA Hawaiian Drink and this is much weaker. Its very subdued with what I would call moderate sweetness. I wouldn’t add any sweetener but maybe some sour to get the fruitiness to pop. Probably would stick with the 6% for mixes but maybe 8-9% for single flavor unless it changes a lot with steeping.

After 2 days I get pineapple as the prominent flavor. No harshness at all, very smooth. So far this is more of a tropical mix of fruits rather than an artificial kid’s drink like Hawaiian Punch or Hi-C. There is probably the usual mix of mango, papaya, etc… but other than the pineapple its all kind of in the background.

Will try to edit with update at 30 days.

4 Likes

Give it a shot around 1% & 2% as well.
It might be muting.
I’ve only tried a couple, but I’ve found FR strong AF so far (and read similar from a couple others I trust). Take it for whatever it might be worth! :wink:

Had this been Purilum, I wouldn’t be surprised. chuckles

4 Likes

Hey I will take any advice! Good advice is worth a fortune! My first FR product, so if I might be over doing it, that’s good to know. I’ll try another tester at 2%.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried FR cream brûlée and if so how much is good generally? Less than 2%? I’ve got a few ideas for this flavor as it smells wonderful. @Silhouette and @MysticRose please? Thanks love you

3 Likes

Hey, hey luv! I bought this one, and it is the only other one I bought besides the Banana Ripe and Custard. I have tried it between 0.35-0.75% although I know for a fact you would like it higher. It’s not so BA heavy as the Custard to me, so that makes it much more versatile. I tend to use flavors like this really low, way under 1%, so start at 0.5% and go from there. If you want start higher, that’s probably the norm, but I haven’t used beyond 0.75%.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried it at all. So far I’ve kept to my no new flavor vow…not sure how though :sunglasses: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Hmmm, looks like I’ll have to send you another experiment.

3 Likes

lmao…no!!! Still trying to perfect that rice.

3 Likes

no doesn’t mean NO in crafting eliquid. Thank you for being a mad scientist test subject. Using the hiliq rice?

2 Likes

Yes, the hiliq. Trying it by itself, and in combos with the FE Sweet Rice. Also using both with various creams and combinations as well as vanillas. Having fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really like their caramel

2 Likes

At what % do you like their caramel? Are you hovering around the .5-1% mark or is it too strong for that?

1 Like

I really like it at 2% I get a full flavored caramel syrup type flavor from it. Sort of like that nestle style they sell next to the strawberry syrup at the grocery store for an ice cream topping.

http://tjek.nu/r/eA56

This is one of my favorite coffee recipes I have using it.

2 Likes