ELR Home   Create recipe   Resource page   My recipes/favorites

Flavorah Tasting Notes

The fact you all are mixing in %'s, and not drops… or points of the gram… blows my mind. No wonder half of you think its shit… #overflavorcity

cleanupcrew

Just out of curiosity, who here references FLV’s safety page and uses their recommended percentages? I find that a lot of them are wrong, but I know that FLV is made for vaping, so these percentages are for nothing but that.

Anyone else ever use these percentages as a tool, or are they just not right?..

I was told the percentages on the safety page are old and have not been updated yet. I would start most flavors at 1% and work up or down from there. There are several flavors that you definitely should start below 1% like Alpine, Rich Cinn, Clove, and any dough flavor.

I have to agree… Hi… my name is Smoky… and I use drops… flv drops!
each drop is .02 grams or .02ml. I hate percentages and being the fact! these are ultra concentrates… the price alone should be a clue. You can flavor push these… but you are just wasting your $, as you can achieve the same taste by using drops… go grab a 10ml… a few… pick a flavor… add a drop… next bottle add 2 drops… I make believers every time.

Know what you mix with and how to use it… low to high, less is better, less is more… and less is cheaper… :slight_smile:
check my site out… http://flvfan.com or find me on facebook, look for flvfan! :slight_smile:

Hello Cloud Chemist! :slight_smile: this thread blows my tongue out!

Tag me if you want… I have so much going on, otherwise I will miss out…

LoL I know what that is… it’s my site…
thanks Juice Junkie… you are a jewel! :blush:

@Cloud_Chemist and @SmokyBlue

What Wattage/Power/Temp do you vape at?
Hardware/mod? (tank/rda/etc)
Liquid ratio? (max VG/50-50/etc)
Style? (DL or MTL)

Right now, and most days EDC is my Boxer 188W; 96.6W on .22 dual 26x2*40
fused clapton. 80/20 and DL.
I do have a squonker that I run 18650 mech on .33 24ga, 14mm RDA for MTL.

Either way, FLV and most super supers, like MF, FLV, etc, should always be
mixed starting points in drops. Very few flavors even need to mix at
percentages, or even fractions of a percentages, like creams and cakes;
some I can see at .25, and .5 AT THE MOST for 1-2 of the creams FLV has,
but that’s if you want to taste the cream. Most the time, it’s just a
binder for a recipe.

Cheers!
Ian Myers - Owner/Operator
www.CloudChemist.ca
www.CanadasBakery.ca
www.FidgetSource.com
www.HigherLevelFlavoring.com

I am normally a rda user… I do tanks as well… but mostly rda’s…
ohms, range from .25 up to 1.1, watts from 20 up to 80…

I am highly allergic to pg, so everything I use, is as max as you can get… I hate the taste of nicotine.
I do mtl and dtl… varies…

my elr link: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/?filter=28997

Flv fan site http://flvfan.com/
FB FlvFan Page https://www.facebook.com/FLVFan/
FB FlvFan Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/FLVFan/?source_id=793838934131936

Notes for three flavors I bought recently. Sorry about the gap between 3 and 6 weeks. My sister’s wedding and then a Prob and Stats exam meant I didn’t have time.
The format is:
Flavor Name | Rating | Single % | Mixing %
Notes

Cookie Dough | 5 stars | 1.5% | 0.5%
Tested at 2%, 40/60 PG/VG, no nic.
Kylin RTA - 0.25ohm dual coil SS; VT133 - TC
SnV - Not getting a whole lot from this yet. Mostly just a sweet flavor.
Rewicked Kylin with Hemp
1 week - Definitely sweet. Maybe getting a doughy bit in the background. Not sure.
2 weeks - much more like the cookie dough I was expecting. Very brown sugar sweet, no chocolate chips, a little bit of the floury dough.
3 weeks - Same. Much more like cookie dough now. Very good.
6 weeks - Tastes like cookie dough. I like it.

Frosting | 4 stars | Not a SF | ~2%
SnV - Just sweetness. Maybe a slight powdered sugar frosting vibe?
Rewicked Kylin with Hemp
1 week - Same. Mostly just a semi-dry sweetness.
2 weeks - Same. Like a powdered sugar glaze or gingerbread frosting more than a buttercream or cake frosting. Dry.
3 weeks - Same again. Like a powdered sugar frosting.
6 weeks - Same. Like a powdered sugar frosting.

Hibiscus | 5 stars | 3% | 1%
SnV - Flowery, sweet, and a little musky.
Rewicked Kylin with Hemp
1 week - Really enjoying this. It’s floral and reminds me of the islands. Looking forward to trying it in my strawbiscus tea and with other tropical flavors.
2 weeks - I think I might be in love with this flavor. It’s more sweet than bright floral. A very understated tropical flowery flavor in a musky sweetness. It’s perfect.
3 weeks - Super nice tropical floral flavor.
6 weeks - Definitely one of my new favorite flavors and I’m excited to start playing with it.

That Cookie Dough is going in my basket :yum:

Thanks for the info :smiley:

For some reason the cookie dough tastes and smells like celery to me, haha. My first mix was 1.5 and another at 2%. I tried again at 1…same thing? I have since lowered to .5 to give it another chance. Must be me :slight_smile:

Oh if only it was the other way round and celery tasted of cookie dough :weary:. I shall start low with that one then, and add it to my vegetable bake if necessary :laughing:

Huh that’s weird. Another example of taste being subjective. :stuck_out_tongue: There are some flavors that people seem to be nuts about (Inawera Biscuit comes to mind) that I just can’t stand. Real cookie dough has kind of a weird flavor to me and this seems to mimic that floury, baking soda, brown sugar, egg kinda gist pretty accurately.

I did find the celery note faded after a steep… 3 months later :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I never got a cookie dough though. It reminded me of their lovage. I think it may be better for me at low %s

Biscotti is the other cookie flavor I am struggling with. This shit is uber potent, even at .5. My initial tasting was at .8% and I had to wash my tank out, haha. The taste reminded me of a crown stock coil, if you inhale on a fresh one. Also a bit like burnt coffee. At .4% its promising but just not my kind of vape

Totally agree with your frosting assessment.

And definitely going to have to get the cookie dough! Lol
Thanks for sharing!

That’s high up on my to-try list! I’m all about anything powdered-sugary! Lol

You ought to dig it then! :wink:
FWIW, my testing ended up with similar results to hers. 1-2% should yield your best results!

Frosting:

Percentage Used: 3%

Equipment Used: Troll RDA with a single Kanthal .3 ohm Staircase coil at 27W. 24g kernel with 32g wrap, cotton wick.

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 9 Weeks

Manufacturer Description: Frosting flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for vape manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. Can there be a better, smoother way to flavor white rings of PG-VG vapor than FLV Frosting? White vanilla with sweet mellow edges. Lick your finger clean, but no that’s e-juice… Frosting flavored like a dream. Puff puff, you magic dragon.

Manufacturer Suggested Percentage: Universal 1-3%

Aroma: Vanilla, sugar, cream, frosting.

Flavor Description: Clean vanilla. The vanilla is up front and noticeable, but it’s a very light and versatile flavor. No heavy dark notes like an extract. Moderately creamy, not too thick like a custard, but it’s also a little heavier than a plain cream. Light aftertaste of a vanilla buttercream, this is a very nice vanilla frosting. It’s moderately sweet, not sickeningly sweet like an icing. Closer to the whipped frosting (Betty Crocker or Pillsbury) mouthfeel. It’s missing that heavy body of a full on frosting.

Off Flavors: None

Throat Hit: 0/10

Uses: Any place you want to add a touch of whipped vanilla creamy mouthfeel and flavor or frosting. Obviously cakes and pastries, I think it will blend nicely with almost any flavor to customize frosting combinations. I think this might also help to flesh out some body to custards or creams, ice cream and shakes, or fruit dips.

Notes: Not recommended for a single flavor. Maybe 1.5-3% in mixes. It’s not a weak flavor, but I think it will need closer to the 2-3% in mixes to hold it’s place. It’s a very authentic flavor, and I think it has great versatility to be used almost anywhere.

Other opinions: From JoJo on ELR:
SnV - Just sweetness. Maybe a slight powdered sugar frosting vibe?
Rewicked Kylin with Hemp
1 week - Same. Mostly just a semi-dry sweetness.
2 weeks - Same. Like a powdered sugar glaze or gingerbread frosting more than a buttercream or cake frosting. Dry.
3 weeks - Same again. Like a powdered sugar frosting.
6 weeks - Same. Like a powdered sugar frosting.
Not really a SF.
Mixing - 1-2% Maybe more depending on what its mixed with. It’s on the slighter side.
Preferred single flavor mix: 3.0%

From Pro_Vapes on ELR: The Frosting FLV adds a true icing note with nothing weird backing it up. I’ve even used it as a powdered sugar sweetener. It’s a very soft sweetener that I feel could be used like MM and Meringue in mixes. I really like it with dessert mixes over the CCI. I haven’t tried it with fruits yet, but it does wonders for cookies and cakes. It doesn’t take much to influence a mix… I like it at 0.6-1%.

Preferred single flavor mix: 1.0%

Private Recipe Stash Sneak Peek

Great note! Thanks!