Flavour Art Tasting Notes

I would love to see his face when he tries them out after a steep. He talkes about a careful mix at 10% so that’s probably the lowest he went with his flavours and we are talking FA! He could just get a very unpleasant surprise.

1 Like

Uhhhhh, ya think! Hehe

I know I’ve taken a hit off some Inawera tobaccos that were percentage mixed way too high and the vape stopped about 1/4 of the way down! Hack, hack, hack!!!

1 Like

Flavour Art: Zeppola 2-5% used.

Description: Nice fried dough. Not too sweet. Noticing two distinct tastes. Inside is light, very slightly sweet and VERY lightly fluffy. Outside is fried dough. No added sugar or cinnamon. The taste is spot on flavor-wise of the fried dough the little Italian lady up the way makes.

2% Light fried dough, use here as texture or a good dough/blender.
3% Blended around here with fruit and other lighter volatiles. A strawberry doughnut for example.
4% Seems to be the sweet spot as the main flavor.
5% Heavy dough. Serves it’s intended purpose very well. A strong fried dough.

Mixes with: Anything you need fried dough for?

Vanillas: (depending on application)

Creams: Custard v1, FA Custard, Vanilla bean ice cream, vienna, FA meringue, fresh cream, bavarian cream. Pretty much any cream that is smooth and delicious. I would avoid spicier creams unless the whole recipe calls for something spicy (like a fried pumpkin doughnut, or eggnog latte with a friend dough top.)

Cakes/ pastry/ texture: Definitely could use a bit more texture depending on application. Boost inner doughnut with another bread/ to increase texture itself. Mix with acetyl pyrazine, cereal 27, doughnut flavors, yellow cake (any depending on end goal), nonna’s cake (a really big plus if you use the FA Custard), fudge brownie, biscotto (fa), vanilla cupcake, joy, bread pudding, biscuit… you get the idea.

Fruits: Any sweet fruit. Blueberry, strawberry, banana, jams, oba oba, raspberry etc… I’d probably stay away from citrus as the fried outside flavor can give you the misinterpretation of citrus if you have a very sensitive palate. The only citrus I’d probably insert here is the lemon in nonna or fa custard.

Chocolates can be used in pretty much any form depending on the intended effect. Bready chocolates are nice for a doughnut and creamy chocolates are going to be good for an outside coating.

Nuts: almond, pistachio, mixed nuts, cashews. Pretty much any nut will go well depending on application.

Solid flavor. If you want fried dough with very little sweetness, this is the way to go. Very versatile and fun.

26 Likes

Thank you for the very informative review!

2 Likes

Thank you. I just got this and am very impressed. Looking for a Bread Pudding if you have any suggestions. I’ve been hearing about Real Flavors.

1 Like

Just looked at that one on chefs flavours and i am considering getting it.
Thanks man

I love bread pudding from them around 8.5-9% with a 28 day steep. I also add a few things to sweeten a hair but all in all a solid flavor. very authentic.

2 Likes

Great! Thx for the vote of confidence. IDK many people who vape Bread Pudding. I came upon it when buying juice from Lightning Vapes Max VG line. Who knew? I hadn’t started diy and was looking for affordable and decent juice.

2 Likes

I love RF Bread Pudding. The only thing that can make it better for me is if they make it in the super concentrate…still waiting. I like it at 12% with 2% CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream.

EDIT: Thank you for the review, very informative and thorough. I refuse to buy anymore doughnut flavors in the hunt for the elusive perfect doughnut though. So done wasting money on things that only taste like play to me. You all make me jealous :wink:

1 Like

Ok. Just to be clear. This is fried dough. If I wanted a perfect AMERICAN DOUGHNUT, i’d use Zeppola in the exhale. not the inhale. so probably some yellow cake capella and meringue to help lighten it a hair, then some sweetener of some kind and some zeppola to give it the “fried dough” that a doughnut actually has.

3 Likes

See the notes here: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/134140

2 Likes

Read this thread already started about that flavor.
http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/flavour-art-zeppola/109041?source_topic_id=14923

@JoJo a merge perhaps

4 Likes

Might i suggest Purilum yellow cake or Jungle Flavors yellow cake both are less grainy than Caps once steeped. Maybe Delosi Cake batter to soften as well. I like where your heads at flavor bending is very much an art.

3 Likes

Ordered FA Zeppoli from NicotineRiver. Anyone have experience with this flavor? Anyone order direct from FA?

1 Like

I’m following you around because of your bread pudding:yum:
May I ask you for some advice/suggestions? I vape max vg and see that RF is vg based. That leaves me with only my pg based nic which is minimal. What else can I use besides pg, distilled water? Would it be okay to use real rum in my bread pudding? Or bourbon in my smoked custards? I just bought the 1 litre oak cask and want to make a custard in it. Thx for your help.

1 Like

I’ll never recommend max vg. ever… I usually mix these at 65%vg. Have you tried the PDO yet?

1 Like

casks make for an interesting steep. You will need a good filtration system to get the tannins from the wood out. Also you have to treat it between each or the seams will dry between uses.

1 Like

To whom this may concern, the almighty Zeppola donut flavor is awaiting your acknowledgment. :raised_hands:

3 Likes

RF is coming out with a SC for the bread pudding. However, remember VG doesn’t carry flavor as well. You will need a prolonged steep to get flavor to show up, but it’s the price some have to pay for being sensitive to PG. If you are not sensitive to VG I recommend at least a 30/70 pg/vg as the PG carries flavors much better.

If you need to dilute to thin Max VG for wicking purposes, I use Sterile USP Saline at 3-4%.

that picture is pretty misleading

1 Like