Flavour Art Tasting Notes

And as a side note. It can sometimes add a malty note. Malty like a whopper.

I must say thank you for posting flavor reviews.

2 Likes

yeah I realized I forgot the tobacco category after. LOLOL. Woops

1 Like

Yes it does… it always reminded me of a sweet candy wafer mixed with a cream soda; very pleasant flavor. :wink:

2 Likes

I put it with orange or peach.
Today it is in my orange pinapple juice and it was not good enough without it.

Nice review, I love that stuff!
Tastes just like Cream Soda to me…

4 Likes

Well… the IBC just went on the grocery list! :wink:…can’t remember how long it’s been since I had a bottle, but you’ve definitely flung a craving on me now! :yum:

6 Likes

I just got mine in the other day have’t tried it yet

I get a slight citrusy cream soda !

Fa anise

Tested on derringer and narda.
.5%-2.5% used.

.5%-1% almost a menthe like quality. Very nice for enriching notes where a menthol or mint note is necessary. Not full on mint so don’t get crazy in these percents. If it were me I’d mix with some flv crème de menthe for a fuller richer mint. Mix with chocolates, light fruits etc for a very refreshing spring vape.

1-2.3% plenty strong for just about any use you want it for. Strong licorice without the sweet.

3% WOW that’s high and strong.

Description: Those little strong black anise candies. Not too sweet. Mildly creamy. VERY heavy duty if you want an anise (raw black licorice) flavoring. Not sweet like a twizzlers. I suppose you could make a black licorice out of it if you brought it low and added some sweeteners. Definitely benefits from some marshmallow or sweetener.

Mixes with:

Odd: brown sugar, oba oba, sweetener (most of them), hard candy, gummy candy, swedish fish

Cream: I’d think most of them would work here. Be creative, use what you have.

Vanillas: Most of the creamy ones. I would try to keep with them as the just vanilla ones might taste a bit funny with the sharp flavor of the anise.

Tobacco: Yeah sure, why not. Heavy shags with a real sharp edge. Cavendish maybe. Ry4 double.

Fruits: Blackcurrants, blackberries, blueberries, ORANGES(ikr?), grapefruit. I wouldn’t hesitate to get a little weird here. Get experimental. Try that cucumber. Get weird. I found out oranges worked really good on a flavor change. I highly recommend you do the same.

Coffees: Yes, nice dark rich coffees. Not the burnt toast kind. The good ones. Latte, and naturally extracted coffees come to mind.

Bakeries: Oh yes. Very much in this category. Cakes, pies, cookies, danishes, eclairs, breads, rolls.

Drinks: Gin (oh yeah with some key lime fa)

8 Likes

Great review. Gives me some ideas for future mixing.

1 Like

Apples work great with anise as too. I have been experimenting with Yumberry/Strawberry Anise mixes lately with some promising results.

My favorite mix with Anise (FA)

4 Likes

Aw yes. Anise + strawberry FA + strawberry ripe tpa.
It’s a recipie I adapted from here of VU. It’s called “black strawberry”. They used cap anise. So I swapped for I think 0.25% anise FA. And it’s a mix well worth the once a month mix.

I do find I’m sensitive to some flavors like anise. So I only mix a 15ml bottle. But when I find it in the cabinet I’m in love all over.

4 Likes

Agree … I have it in my Pindad at this moment :slight_smile: +6 weeks old, yummi.

2 Likes

FA MANGO

.5-2% 1.5% sweet spot.

Tested on freakshow mini 316SS 9 wrap 2.5MMid single coil.

.5% Mild. Use here for a hint in a tropical mix or a splash.

1% Medium. Doesn’t stand on it’s own, but it definitely can be an excellent supporting note in a 2 or 3 note tropical mix. I.e. banana mango, or mango pineapple.

1.5 Stronger, really begins to stand on it’s own. Decent balance of inner and outer notes. Not much flesh.

2% Mucho grande. Probably where most people will want it by itself. Nice and bold, in your face flavor. More flesh like substance.

3% A bit too strong, but I can see it being used here with some heavy creams.

Description:

A fresh mango without the natural chemically note. Sweet, delicious, slightly fleshy, very realistic. Add a little cactus and it could drip off your chin.

Mixes with:

Fruits: Anything tropical, more mangos, pineapple, apples, guava, kiwi, strawberries, monkfruit, dragonfruit, cucumber, watermelon, coconut, cactus. I honestly can’t think of a single fruit that won’t benefit in some way from the addition of it.

Tobacco: Very light shags.

Creams: Most of them. Specifically light creams.

Vanillas: Try it. You might find a nice creamy vanilla mango cream mix is what you’re looking for.

Odd: brown sugar, oba oba, sweetener (most of them), hard candy, gummy candy, swedish fish, liquid amber.

Bakery: Some danishes or baked mango sounds nice.

8 Likes

hmm i like fruity vapes. i should try FA mango

1 Like

Thanks for the hint, so I know not to buy this… i hate these chemical flavors :smiley:

this one doesn’t have the chemical note and you don’t wanna buy it???

1 Like

It gets expensive with all these fine flavor testing notes. Thank you for the good reviews - where do I send the bill?

4 Likes

wtf… sorry, still sipping my first coffee. me thinks i’m a little dyslexic… read with instead of without :-o
hell yeah i’ll try it!!

THANKS for pointing that out!