Fur babies!

What a heart warming story. We should put a star by your name on here :star::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Daisy and trigger look so cute ! I loved the afternoon buddies also !

2 Likes

A couple other things… dogs seems to have trouble digesting tuna-based cat food …and chili …never feed an indoor dog chili …just sayin’

3 Likes

What no chilli for the dog that shares your bed, where is your sense of adventure lol

My dog doesn’t seem to have issues with dairy as she has eaten more than one fallen icecream cone with no ill effects.

4 Likes

Just got back from putting my 16 year-old buddy Athos down. He was a very good friend and family member, but it was time. This is the last pic of him taken with his sister Sasha. That’s Athos on the left.

In his more robust days…

4 Likes

I am really sorry and i do know what that is like since i have done it multiple times myself.
All i can say is to cherish all the good memories you have of him and i bet there is a lot of them.
I really feel for you and hope you will get to a point soon where it is easier for you.

2 Likes

Thank you. My son and I are OK with it. It was something that we have been putting off for some time. At 16, he had no muscle left in his back legs and he could only stand for a couple of minutes a day. There will certainly be an emptiness with him gone, but it was the right thing to do.

3 Likes

So hard to lose a friend such as Athos, I know. Prayers for you and yours. <3

4 Likes

So sorry to hear this, but I’m glad that you guys are at peace with the decision and you got the chance to say goodbye. Hugs and my thoughts are with you guys.

4 Likes

It’s never easy, it never gets any easier, and I certainly understand.

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind thoughts @jojo, @Alisa and @ozo. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So sorry for your loss… My heart goes out to you I Know how hard it is even when it’s something that has to be done.

2 Likes

Thank you. It means a lot.

2 Likes

That’s terrible and something you never get used to no matter how often you go through it. I’m really sorry for you and your family.
I had to make that decision on August 29 for my cat T.J. He was almost 19½ and his kidneys were failing. I just cannot believe he’s really gone, he was always very present and now very absent.

His better days.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear of your about your loss @Lostmarbles and @Josephine_van_Rijn . Athos and T.J. were fortunate to have such loving families! :cry:
Our pets can never be replaced but the world is full of ones that desperately need a place to call home if and when you are able and the timing is right.

2 Likes

I know your pain and sorrow. I shed more tears over the passing of my Gabby Girl (16 year-old female dog) than I have ever shed over any human being in my entire life. Truly, one of the lowest points in my life.

Hang tough and remember all the love! :sparkling_heart::paw_prints::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Sorry to hear of your lost !!! Looked like a beautiful dog…

3 Likes

@Lostmarbles

Tomorrow is my birthday, but it is also Pepper’s. She will be 20yrs old. We are both moving at about the same speed now.
The 14th would have been Lucy’s 20th birthday, but she chose to leave last month.

Pepper [one of her baby pics]

Lucy

I have lost so many babies over the times of 50+ years of rescue, but I have been a part of saving so many more.
On the ranch I have a full acre graveyard for the larger animals, and a 100’ x 150’ graveyard in my backyard for the smaller ones.
If you have lost ONE BABY…or ONE THOUSAND BABIES…it never gets any easier. I have cried enough tears to fill my swimming pool.
It doesn’t matter if it’s a horse, a bird, cat,dog, ferret, rat, or even a snake, etc.
I hope you can understand that I feel your loss.

8 Likes

I am sorry my heart goes out to you and yours. I am dealing with my 13 yo chi she’s got bronchitis but is on the mend. I know the decision you had to make was a difficult one and I know it came from a good place. Memories are something no one can take away from y’all.

3 Likes

Damn man…thought I would make it without the waterworks. That was very nice. Thank you. I’m sorry for your loss as well my friend. That Lucy is stunning.

1 Like

I’m happy she’s doing better. Thank you for your thoughts.

2 Likes