Fur babies!

same!, I mean Beau is deaf as a post, but as soon as I stand up and point to upstairs her head drops and she wont look at me haha, I have to carry her upstairs too and she is not small lol

1 Like

@Lolly
No, Red-nose American Pit
Major, Kimba, and Patches.

Are you Mrs. Brown? :smile_cat:

@Pugs1970

I had a little long-haired chihuahua that looked so like Bebe. Lucy loved her, and would carry her around in her mouth, then lay on the couch and treat her as her kitten. Family/friends that saw Lucy with Bella in her mouth would freak outā€¦seeing a mountain lion with a little dog in her mouthā€¦Bella loved the attention.
Hugs and prayers to your mum, and if I were closer, I would lend a hand, make a tincture or two, and cook some chicken soup for all. [wipe your own arse, eh?]

@Lolly

Bwahahahaā€¦no idea what you are talking about.
Skin has colors not found in the rainbow, aches that occur in body parts you donā€™t even have, toenails look like alien shit, canā€™t trust a fart, nope, I might have to google that stuffā€¦to understand, eh?

6 Likes

http://iheartcats.com/college-campus-decides-to-embrace-feral-cats-the-results-are-inspiring/

6 Likes

A TNR program is where I got my little Maggie. The vet tech I got her from knows of a farm that would take the disabled ferals who need more supervision than a regular colony but if a Momma cat had kittens, they found good homes for them. Sheā€™s actually a tortoise shell with some black whiskers and black hairs dispersed in spots that make her look like she rolled in soot.

I have three others two of whom are also rescues and one is the indirect result of a rescue but thatā€™s a long story, lol. Iā€™ll post the pix when I find where they are on my phone or computer or, Iā€™m not even sure where they are.

8 Likes

You sound like my wife and I. 75% of our cats are feral. Weā€™re suckers for strays. Guess somebody has got to do itā€¦

6 Likes

Some one does, youā€™re right. Iā€™ve been rescuing since I was a kid; they just seem to find me as if thereā€™s an invisible compass pointing to my house. Usually I find homes for them since Iā€™m in a small apartment now. Four is really too many but our Freddy we rescued about 14 years ago and my mom took him. Then when she moved to assisted living a few years ago we got him back. Several of the so called ferals I took in turned out to be terrified strays who re-socialized and went to their forever homes.

4 Likes

Unfortunately for our bank account we have kept almost ever one we rescued. We once had 23 cats. We are down to 12 at this time as they have aged and died. We tried very hard to stop bringing in more but still we took in 2 more in the last 2 years. Well, better than we were doingā€¦lol. We could have kept the number at 23ā€¦

3 Likes

Itā€™s a blessing you have enough room for all of them. My apartment is tiny and the municipality where I live is really harsh about letting people exceed 4, 6 with a special licence. Theyā€™re intrusive about enforcement too.

1 Like

Luckily we have a 1/4 acre and a house. Could never do it otherwiseā€¦

2 Likes

That has made me chuckle! Thank you @ozo for bringing a smile to my face this morning and I wish you a very happy day also! :grinning:

1 Like

I actually know you would Ozoā€¦(the tinctureā€¦not wipe my arse) but then if you were closer you wouldnā€™t actually get rid of me on your (still trying to get my head around!) 90 acres with all those critters, I will send your love my mums way, she needs it right now, she needs 2 new knees, has a broken arm and a stoma she canā€™t deal with 1 armed, lucky for her we all live together and my sister lives in the other half of our semi detached house, our own little family commune lol

4 Likes

Hi @Pugs1970, I hope your family will be feeling better asap! Until then, I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!

3 Likes

Thank you! :wink:

1 Like

8 Likes

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Diamond is our little girl 7 lb ā€œBatCatā€
Maxwell is our 22 lb male ā€œSuperCatā€

6 Likes

Happy Halloween from Yow

Happy Halloween from Elvis

And donā€™t forget to put the flowers out on the front porchā€¦

9 Likes

My youngest daughter is a vet tech, in a veterinary hospital ER. Yesterday, a person brought in a kitten with itā€™s head and front leg stuck in the remains of a broken mason jar. She said it must have been stuck like that for quite some time, since the edge of the broken glass had cut the kitten in the armpit, and had become infected as the skin was slowly growing back, over the glass.

They managed to get the left over mason jar back over the kittenā€™s head and leg, and get him freed. The kitten is feral. She said itā€™s glucose level was extremely low, since it probably hasnā€™t been able to eat in quite a while. It dove into a small bowl of food, and growled & hissed at my daughter, when she took the empty bowl away.

They will nurse it back to health and keep it there, until someone adopts it. It usually turns out to be someone at the hospital. When my daughter had to fill out the chart & paperwork, she had to come up with a name for him, and named him ā€˜Masonā€™.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s just so awful, poor thing. Heavy on the heart to see animals suffer like this - thank God they were able to help him. :crying_cat_face:

5 Likes

Mason ā€¦ It just fits!:grinning:
Thank you for sharing his story and give your daughter a hug from all of us!

5 Likes

Yes, she comes home with some heartbreaking stories, with tears in her eyes, for those they were not able to save. Other days, itā€™s a success story, about an animal they were able to save from the brink. Itā€™s an emotional roller-coaster for her.

She tries to monitor the adopted success stories, of those that make it, and are adopted by loving people that give them a good home. Her Facebook is full of people who have adopted some of the special needs animals (lost limbs, blind, feral, etc) The hospital even has a department that helps train the new owners of adopted animals with special needs, to help prepare them.

3 Likes