Good Deals 2017!

Thank you all for the updates.

6 Likes

I figure we are all in this together, you would do it as well!

6 Likes

So anyone else see this about RTS Vapes? They are giving theyā€™re nic business to liquid Nicotine wholesalers because the FDA busted them for selling to a minor. Kind of sucks for them.

https://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2017/ucm564558.htm

4 Likes

Well, that explains a lot.

I was hoping it was simply the law of ā€œnatural selectionā€ in effectā€¦ Informed consumers voting with their wallets and weeding out vendors who grossly overprice their merchandise so they could have ā€œhuge discount salesā€ā€¦since that was their modus operandi for so long. Honestly, I was shocked to see regular prices (as the base) when it came time for the fire saleā€¦ I mean, Iā€™ve never seen their pricing on par with BCV before then.

Ah well, justice either way in my book.

I just hope LNW doesnā€™t take that aspect of tradition when it comes to ā€œkeeping the RTS name aliveā€ā€¦

3 Likes

5 Likes

While I know this isnā€™t the proper threadā€¦ that ad states ā€œIf your batteries are older than 3 monthsā€¦ā€ my batteries are olderā€¦ MUCH older (canā€™t remember how older older) I have 2 sets of new batteries my wife bought me for Christmas still unopened in a cabinet because I told her then my batteries were getting pretty oldā€¦ older.
What is your lifespan on batteriesā€¦ just wondering.

4 Likes

I know you were not asking me, but I thought Iā€™d share my experience.

Good question, and GREAT eye (catching their ā€œ3 monthsā€ bullshit!! Lol

Personally, I have bought 3 sets of Samsung 25r5ā€™s from Illumn.com last year (late spring), and only having two sets in rotation, those two sets measure out to a charge of ~2200mah (on a full charge) on my Opus charger.

Theyā€™re sold as 2500mah new (which I confirmed) so Iā€™d say on a good charger, and using a set of quality legit batteries, thereā€™s a lot of life left in them. Losing only 300mah in over a year is pretty damned impressive to me!

EDIT: Itā€™s also worth noting that I limit my charging to 500ma to try and preserve the life of the battery. Only twice I think, have I charged at 1amp,due to being on the road (having returned from a temporary trip) and I had used both setsā€™ charge up.

7 Likes

I find that most of my 18650 batteries are good for approximately 350-500 charging cycles. I can tell towards the end of their battery life that I am just not getting the serviceability from them. I keep older batteries in the devices I use at home. And newer batteries in my MODs that go with me outside of the house.

5 Likes

Iā€™m at a loss as to figuring my batteries ā€œmahā€ according to my order history the set I had just charged (the newest of my old batteries I am using (I have 4 sets of batteries in rotation) which we purchased May of last year), charged up to 4.2v but donā€™t see or know how to figure the ā€œmahā€ of it/them (also Samsung 25r5ā€™s).

3 Likes

You can use a digital multimeter to check volt, mah and amperage.

2 Likes

I really didnā€™t pay attention to that. I use Sony VTC5A and thatā€™s a decent deal on them. Also Iā€™ve got lots of items from 101 and they are fast.

As far as battery life goes I havenā€™t repalaced anything Iā€™ve bought since 10/16. I have rewrapped them. I think you should get a lot longer life than 3 months from most of the name brand batteries.

4 Likes

Well, thatā€™s one of the many reasons (side from build quality first and foremost, and being able to ā€œresurrectā€ semi dead cellsā€¦) that I bought the Opus BTC-3100.

I wanted to be able to monitor the life of various brands/types over the long haul.

As for what was also suggested with a general purpose DMM, I canā€™t say that Iā€™d recommend that to the average user. Itā€™s great (and easy, and safe enough) for measuring ā€œraw voltageā€, but thatā€™s where it stops IMO. (No disrespect intended to Fenrir) Also worth noting, most cheap meters canā€™t handle 10 amp+ discharges (not that youā€™d have to discharge so high, but if one wasnā€™t versed in designing a safe discharge circuit for such an applicationā€¦)

To measure battery amperage (current), means youā€™d have to have it in series, in circuit, with a mod under firing conditions, so youā€™d almost have to jury rig a test jig of sorts. I can picture all kinds of bad outcomes with thatā€¦ Never mind the math and calculations for the mah that would follow once the full discharge is complete.

Itā€™s simpler and safer to just buy a charger that can do all that for you. :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™d say my batteries Sony 18650ā€™s last me more than 6 months - well over a year before I notice any type of performance drop. It really depends how much you charge them / usage. You might find some useful information on Battery Moochā€™s ECF Page on the type of batteries you purchase.

3 Likes

I have three sets of batteries that I charge daily. So 350-500 charging cycles would mean they should last me a year, which is about how long Iā€™ve been using these. Thatā€™s like oil changing businesses that say change oil every 3 months or 3000 miles. At least they said ā€˜itā€™s probably timeā€™. Even so, nothing wrong with a battery sale and stocking up.

5 Likes

You are :100: percent correct! I am a sucker for a Great Sale :dollar::bomb::fire:

4 Likes

Gret prices for a couple of good backup mods.

https://www.efun.top/istick-tc100w-express-kit-firmware-upgradable.html?mw_aref=3ec07deabfd10ddc08a3a1fdd4ef2ffb

https://101vape.com/vvvw-box-mods/1547-megavolt-1750mah-80w-tc-box-mod-by-the-council-of-vapor-stainless-steel.html#oid=1038_252

1 Like

20% off EVERYTHING at ecig. Code: 20OFF
https://www.ecig.com/

4 Likes

Just saw and grabbed one just thought I would share.

5 Likes

Ohh forgot it is down to $8.00

4 Likes

Why do you tempt me so?!
I just dropped them a Benjamin a week or so ago. Now here I go, spending even more. :dollar:

3 Likes