Guys I am worried

First and foremost, I love vaping. And, I believe it saved my life. @SthrnMixer Putting a foreign substance into our bodies is unhealthy. This includes the massive amount of chemicals we ingest through the various methods we have in our day to day lives… eating, drinking, hell even breathing. Adding vapor to that is for all intent and purposes, doubly unhealthy.Is vaping a healthier alternative to smoking? I believe it is. My research and the way I feel after switching from smoking to vaping kind of nails it down for me. Is vaping healthy or does it promote good health? I do not think it does. I have an 8 year old daughter and I would not want to see her take up vaping. Just my views and opinions on the subject. If I have offended anyone, I apologize.

3 Likes

Ha made me laugh. Foreign substances like food for energy, water for hydration as we are mostly a chemical called h2o. Oh yes don’t forget breathing the chemical oxygen. Eating drinking and breathing. Ahh wait you mention that like it’s a bad thing and those chemicals are bad things. Made me laugh. However, I get your drift. Your talking about the extra chemicals , it was just the uncanny description of what we require to live in exact parallel.

Are you stating the chemicals we ingest deliberately are dangerous from your research. Or just if you had a choice you would rather not vape it. Sorry it’s hard to word that clearly like your explanation I’m not clear. I thought most of this stuff was rather harmless, I’d like to know more if you have the information.

1 Like

Henry, you didn’t offend me. In fact that whole “offended” thing makes me laugh. I don’t give a wit if I offend anyone. :slight_smile:

I was really just wondering about your “research” which I feel is probably no more in depth than watching or reading something someone else researched. But let’s face it, the scientific data on the effects of vaping is extremely limited.

4 Likes

My wife’s father passed on a disorder to my wife that causes her triglycerides to run at an extreme high level. When they test her blood they have to dilute it before taking the triglyceride count. Even when she takes fish oil and follows an extreme diet, her triglyceride level is up above 800 where a normal person is closer to 60. So @Amy2 & @everyone this topic does interest me, and I am curious if any testing has been done linking vaping to high triglycerides?

3 Likes

I use that as my defence when someone tells me that vaping is bad for me …

“I don’t do it as an alternative to a brisk walk in the fresh air and a nice crisp salad … I do it as an alternative to smoking cigarettes !”

9 Likes

I dug and dug and dug through the web previously on that subject on whether or not it drives up your triglyceride levels it is inconclusive in my professional opinion.

What is the disorder called ? Is it this Familial hypertriglyceridemia

Here’s a plug from an old thread where we talk a little about Triglycerides.

3 Likes

non-diagnosed high triglycerides. If she had a diagnosis she could get disability, so they just tell her that her level is astronomically high and she should diet.

2 Likes

Ah I see and yea diet and exercise I am sure she is sick to death of hearing that. Who isn’t. Well if you stumble on something while breezing the net by all means throw me a link I’ll read it.

1 Like

Here is a website that talks about high triglycerides, they call it Hypertriglyceridemia
http://www.hormone.org/patient-guides/2012/hypertriglyceridemia
My wife’s triglyceride level has been over 1000, we eat the exact same diet and mine is about 160.
and now back to the Guys I am worried thread…

3 Likes

Not to keep derailing but I feel for her especially knowing it’s an autosomal issues totally out of her hands.

1 Like

the thread was started with Nutella containing palm OIL, not palm derived glycerine. many of you have been vaping with VG years longer than i have and none of you have died so i say we are in good shape as long as we don’t put Nutella in our liquids.
Palm oil is also used in donuts, which are fried at 400*F and people have been eating those for years, just ask your local police department. none of the local police officers have gotten unexplained cancer from their steady diet of fried fritters made with palm oil. @Amy2, hurry up with the address! this cancer causing VG liquid is ready to ship.:grinning:

enjoy your palm oil! its the next best thing to lard. its also in your peanut butter, which is added to your peanut butter fudge and that temperature is roughly 250*F when added in. don’t worry about getting shot at, just worry if you get shot

5 Likes

had a co worker with that issue. she had to take super high potency fish oil. worked slick on getting that down to the right level. i did an experiment on myself last year cause i have high cholesterol. i drank 1/4C raw cider vinegar with 1/2C water twice per day for 2 weeks. went to the doctor for annual check up. cholesterol level went to 200 from 350. could try that i guess.

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of this, acrylamide…

2 Likes

well its something, given my VG supplier offers “organic palm free vg” and "refined vg"
leaves me thinking. is the refined not organic or just not paid to be verified organic.
and is the organic vg refine?

…meanwhile we all walk about breathing in the over polluted air caused by manufacturing and energy companies and let’s not forget the fumes created by our very own transport network!
Worried?
Life’s too short for that!

3 Likes

I’m remembering a global study of cholesterol and tri-glyceride numbers vs heart disease. What I remember is that some of the geno-types/cultures with crazy high tri-glycerides had the lowest rate of heart disease …was it Mediterranean peoples? …too busy to Google

2 Likes

Yes. The Mediterranean people eat lots of olive oil, hummus and fish. They have the good type of cholesterol. We eat a lot of fried foods, junk, red meats, donuts etc. I feel a heart attack coming on and will chug some vinegar right now. Thanks for the reminder

2 Likes

Don’t forget wine and grappa, hell yeah they love a good drop.

heres some research papers on what you are talking about. https://authoritynutrition.com/5-studies-on-the-mediterranean-diet/

This topic is so bittersweet, Vaping although a ton better for you then smoking, i would think will have some negative impact on our health what that exactly is and where that comes from is not truly defined. The research just isn’t there.Obviously Vaoing is preferred to smoking and not vaping the best option. But for me I know that vaping will help vastly as the tar is gone, thankyou. Now that shit is rotten.

I think there is no harm in considering this quaestion and for us to delve deeper so that we can at least find out what is the healthiest way to vape. Now if these friggin governments would stop riding us so hard so that some real research and development can be done.

4 Likes

I can’t drink anymore so alcohol is out. Finding decent fish is out around here but I do know first hand what raw cider vinegar does. As far as vaping, we all enjoy it seemingly hazardous or not. FDA wants to ban before study. I used to drink 24 beers per day plus 2-3 packs of smokes per day plus 1-2 cans Copenhagen snuff, was fat and felt like shit. Now, I vape only and down to 3mg liquid so there are good things associated with our craft. Big tobacco doesn’t like us and we don’t like them or FDA cause they are both lying greedy cocksuckers. Sorry. Started getting pissed. I’ll stop.

6 Likes

The healthiest way to vape it seems would be VG plus 1-2% DW and nic or not. No flavor. Actually, vaping VG alone is fine just a bit boring. Could not taste any difference between soy or palm. Have you tried telling the difference in taste? Curious

2 Likes