Help Me Name This Dog

Oh I get it.

Thatā€™s a good one butā€¦ Iā€™m using Smok tanks now. (Ha!)

1 Like

Boy I been there. Wifey had a cat named prema when we met. We lost her two years ago to colon cancer we miss her so much Iā€™m starting to want a new kitten wifey isnā€™t quite ready yet and I get it.

Now thatā€™s funny I donā€™t care who you are thatā€™s funny

1 Like

Took me almost 3 yearsā€¦ my husband had a cat that lived to 22. That was not a good day when he lost that cat. He will not even consider ever getting another cat.

Before I started this thread we were considering these names:

Helen

Clara

Betty

Doris

Agnes

Martha

The only one he is even considering is Dorisā€¦ which is why I need help.

3 Likes

Family cat gotten in southern Utah when I was three. Lived there, then Granger Utah (next door to SLC), then to Twin Falls Idaho, I stayed there went with parents to Walden Co. From there they dropped her off with my brother in AZ. She passed when I was 27 Yep 24 years and all over the western US that silly cat lived. Hey her name would work for your dog her name was Ruffle. I used to say she would ruffle me all up (scratch) so the name stuck.

1 Like

I think @Pugs1970 had a nice one - Joy. And I can second Teddie. :relaxed:

2 Likes

His cat was named Ash. I swear he was more attached to the cat than he was to his own mother but he got her in college.

1 Like

Hahā€¦that is too funny because I just got a kitten, he is now almost three months old, but that is his nameā€¦Tater Tot!!!

2 Likes

Itā€™s the right color!

1 Like

I am sure you will find a beautiful name that fits, because she is gonna be just thatā€¦beautifulā€¦maybe research how you say beautiful in different languages and something might sound good! Personally I really like Bellaā€¦

1 Like

Haha, she doesnā€™t seem to have much of a 'Doris" about herā€¦what about Dottie?

1 Like

My best friendā€™s grand daughter is named Bella. I love that name but we have to avoid naming her the same name of anyone we know. We actually wanted to name our old dog Steve, but thatā€™s another friends name.

Thought Steve was a great name for a dogā€¦ or Keith. Unique for a dog and funny.

1 Like

That has a very happy sound to it!

1 Like

Doris isnā€™t that bad of a name :grinning:
Many times I have had to rename pets after a few days as most of the times they name themselves , it doesnā€™t take long to find something that fits.
Here are a few of the more popular names these days.
Zoey
Coco
Stella

1 Like

Alejandra

AH-LAY-HAN-DRAH

2 Likes

We actually talked about Stella. He likes Doris tooā€¦ but Iā€™m not sure she will look like a Doris lolā€¦ Our friends just rescued a dog that had been hit by a car. They named it Crash. He actually looks like a Crash, no damage but scars on his fur that will never grow back. They should have named it ā€œLuckyā€.

1 Like

That is very coolā€¦ hmmmā€¦yelling the name of an Egyptian Princess across the yard?

I think that could fit her but around the house Iā€™m usually dressed in a somewhat ā€œPeople of Wal-Martā€ fashion and I think my snarky biotech engineer neighbor would choke laughing and I could potentially end up on youtube.

2 Likes

I think Saoirse is a nice name, it means freedom in Irish. My black lab Stevie Ray Dog agrees.

3 Likes