Looking for caramel

I cant wait to get my flavors now!! Hopefully they come tomorrow. I’m excited to try @Brotherbob1 recipe!

4 Likes

Alice in Vapeland sells it. They are a small, not well known company out of the Midwest. @KrisKing84 introduced me to them and I can say I have not been disappointed with any of their flavors.

6 Likes

I really do love them. Natural tasting flavors. Their fresh cherry is to die for. All of the other cherry flavors I have tried taste medicinal like a cough drops but not theirs. But their flavors are very light.

5 Likes

You won’t be disappointed with the tfa caramel original. FA caramel is good. It’s what I usually use.

4 Likes

Just a heads up in case anyone cares (I don’t think it’s been mentioned in this thread but I might have missed it), tpa caramel original does have some sugar in it. Fructose or corn syrup or something…I can’t remember. Just fyi. :wink:

Edit! This seems to be incorrect. See post #66 below. :point_down:

7 Likes

since you’re familiar with the ry4 double i would say that it’s in a way similar but MORE on the tobacco side… less (if not at all) vanilla/caramel notes in it… and for sure not sweet as the double version… i mostly use it in combination with ry4 double in small percentages (like 3%) to boost the tobacco taste a little more… think something like:

Ry4 double 6-8%
Ry4 Asian 3%

as a base to use with creams/caramels or whatever you like to work with :slight_smile:
i hope this helped you out :wink:

4 Likes

That does help. Thank you for the info, ill put it in my notes.

3 Likes

Tpa caramel original contains “sugar syrup” which could lead to carbonyl compounds being released upon dry hit or caked coil. I am okay with the “naughty list” but for me this goes on the no go dirty list.

3 Likes

Thank you! Thats valuable information and thanks for teaching me something new. I need to start a “naughty list” too. If you dont mind me using that.
Is there a list somewhere on ELR or somewhere online, of the flavor concentrates, that contain “sugar syrup”?

3 Likes

Yes indeed. Easiest way to find it is to search for the “tiki roar” thread. And we refer to DAAP flavors as “Naughty” but i consider ones with sugars as “dirty”

4 Likes

I just noticed @VapeyMama actually mentioned TPA original containing sugars first. I believe she came up with naughty as well lol

4 Likes

sure? i didnt see any sugar syrup in the caramel original but the dx caramel has a corn syrup. havent had caramel original to ever gunk coils either although tfa caramel does every time. this is what i found on caramel original…https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/componentlist.aspx?sku_search=337150
it does have some bad things in it though but sure tastes yummy

3 Likes

Interesting! I’m positive that in the past I read on the tpa site that there was a sugar ingredient. Now its not there! There is a warning on the elr flavor listing for sugar still…hmmmm…
DX Caramel also has a sugar warning in the flavor list here, but the tpa site isn’t showing that in the ingredients either. I wonder if they reformulated them…?

4 Likes

Send Bill an email? He answers in one day

4 Likes

I really like Capella’s Caramel. The “Natural Butterscotch” from FW is also very good, and not as candy-like as some caramels and butterscotch flavors.

4 Likes

Email is sent!

4 Likes

if you haven’t tried flavor revolutions caramel i would recommend trying it.

4 Likes

Thanks, I actually need to put an order in with Nicotine River soon. I’ll add that one.

2 Likes

if you do you might as well try their sweet cream too. like that one more than cap and tpa.

3 Likes

Read it here. Did not vet the claim myself as i should have…

4 Likes