Mesh As Coil not as wick

I should have read to the end before replying lol

1 Like

ill tell you what bro , that looks better than most standard ss coils that people have in their devices

1 Like

Hey @MysticRose I looked up the troll v2 RDA and it has 2.7mm holes for wire it should be able to fit a mesh coil in itā€¦ Did you order some mesh ? you could always wrap 3 rolls of mesh real tight around a 26g SS core wire then make your coil on a 3mm rod and see if it fits :+1:

1 Like

Not yet. I donā€™t build, my hubby usually does it for me. I have to work on him a bit to open him up to working with mesh :wink:

Sending him a video might help, I donā€™t think Iā€™m explaining it well.

1 Like

Send him the video on this thread post #44 . you donā€™t have to poke a hole in the mesh for the screws
and you can use a core wire

2 Likes

Just didā€¦heā€™s working graves right now, so heā€™ll see it tonight. Thank you for the infoā€¦I didnā€™t want to have to find the video againā€¦I get lost and start reading everything all over again.

2 Likes

LOL ā€¦ Making this coil ā€¦ Itā€™s like rolling a pin joint

3 Likes

OK I just got more mesh from Lightning Vapes and they gave me a new code for 15% off my next order ā€¦ ( code = LV15 ) so if you missed the 25% sale try this

https://www.lightningvapes.com/products/stainless-steel-mesh?variant=346538223

1 Like

How many coils do you think one a4 sheet would provide?

1 Like

You can get 22 coils out of 1 sheet if you cut it in half ( the 8.3 side ) so thats 4.15 inchā€™s long x 3/4" to 1" depending on how many rolls you make

2 Likes

My hubby said heā€™d give it a shotā€¦rubbing hands together in glee. Now I just have to order the mesh :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Here is another way to use mesh as a coil.

7 Likes

Yes I was thinking of trying that one. Way cool
I talked to @ozo a while back about it
only I talked about Tig welding it and making it like a notch coil

2 Likes

Yeah i must agree, it looks cool and different from what one is used to see.

1 Like

And you can fit the wire into just about anything :+1:

2 Likes

Well itā€™s not a wick because it has not been heated and quenched

2 Likes

True since youā€™re using round wire as the ones going into the post holes youā€™re not dependent on big post holes in your atty. Gotta make things a lot easier when building.

2 Likes

Yeah it would be another good way to test flavors also :+1:
Hey @MysticRose check it out

2 Likes

For sure, optimal build for flavor testing since you donā€™t have to rewick between flavors, just burn off what liquid there might be left in the mesh and you are good to go. Or you could even rinse the coil off in water to make it really clean.

2 Likes

Heard about setups like this about a year ago, I think. People were putting these in Kayfuns and Taifuns, oh and Erlkƶniginā€¦
It does look like a pain to wick with cotton, though. In that picture the edges of the mesh look like they would hang onto cotton happilyā€¦

You could just use any genny you have on hand, though :wink: Or even better: a vertical coil dripper with mesh wick :smiley: Thatā€™s what I use as of late, a Marquis or my beloved Raptor. :relaxed:

2 Likes