Mouth To Lung Tanks / RTA's, Damn it, I Want One

Since subohm tanks hit the market, yes, though the different hits are more judged by the amount of vapor produced rather than whether they can be used for MTL hits or DLHs.

As far as I know there are no manufacturers who claim specifically than they produce MTL tanks. It’s up to us the users to determined if the airflow restriction is enough to allow MTL hits.

This is true, it is all about Air Flow Control. Not all tanks can the air flow be restricted enough to do a MTL hit. The TFV4 even with the air flow completely shut off is still too much air to do a MTL hit. Many other tanks are like that as well. The manufacturers are not designing tanks for people who’s lungs are damaged and can not DLH. They are designing tanks to chuck clouds. I have wasted my money numerous times buying a tank that just could not be air restricted enough to do a MTL hit. This is why a thread like this is necessary. So we are not wasting our money buying tanks that just will not work for MTL…

1 Like

Rose, by Eden Mods for a perfect tank that will accommodate both types of hits.
Snapdragon by Eden Mods for a REAL NICE RDA that will also accommodate both types of hits.

All these plug n play, mass produced tanks and atomizers, imo, are lacking.

2 Likes

Agreed !!!

1 Like

This might seem like a silly question, but what does the term “Mouth to lung” even mean exactly? I understand the technical differences in the tanks, I just have never heard this term used before, and would like some clarification…

It’s when you pull the vape into your mouth and then inhale, kind of like you do when you’re smoking a cigarette. Versus direct lung inhale which is breathing it straight in.

1 Like

Oh, I have always just pulled straight to lung, Even with cigarettes a majority of the time… :dizzy_face:

I have used two SUBOX mini kits for almost a year. Subtank Mini comes with it, and all the accessories. I usually MTL and it works great for me, but I’m no cloud chaser, just an old man that is happy I quit smoking.The Kbox mini is wattage only, to 50w I bought a dozen mini RBA plus to keep fresh coils handy (single coil) and a couple extra Subtank Mini tanks to have other flavors available. They have been all I need. [??] Last month I bought a Topbox[topfill] Mini kit. It is 75w and wattage or temperature control. The RBA’s are interchangeable, no extra glass, and the tank is a little shorter than the Subtank Mini, but the AFC base is identical [my extra o-rings fit]. The topfill is great, the KBOX Mini 75w has a spring loaded pin, and the drip tip is a bit shorter [but I can swap out the tips from the subtank mini]. You have to be aware of NOT unscrewing the glass/base etc. when unscrewing the top or you can get a bit of leakage, and you need to be pretty fast filling and not leave the cap/cover/top off long or you can get leakage, also I find you can’t fill it to the max[above where you can see the juice in the glass] but it still holds a good 3.5ml. I put a towel behind one side of the AFC then blow thru the other to get any juice out of the base, then wipe out the tip with a q-tip each time I fill it.You guys [Ladies] are experienced with tons of different equipment, mine has only been MVP2’s, iClear tanks, Kanger KBOX, subtank mini, Toptank, and the mini RBA plus…Each Kanger kit came with coils OCC-SSOCC-Ni-etc. but I have never used them, only the RBA with my .7ohm and 1.2ohm wraps…but I use these all day long, probably 4-5 tanks daily minimum.

6 Likes

Kayfun v4. Pricey but worth it. Just stellar all around.

Triton Mini - Those of you that have used it as well as the Nautilus Mini.
Can you say that the flavour of the Triton is as good as the Nautilus?

Which coils are you using with the new Triton?

Thx

After using all the coils available to me in the Triton Mini I have decided I prefer the Nautilus Coil in the Triton Mini. Compare, it’s so much better with the Nautilus coil in the triton Mini than using a Nautilus. I just wish the triton mini held more juice…

2 Likes

Thanks.
Thats been the only drawback for me so far.
Have about 6 of the large Nautilus tanks and about 4 small.
So am not really in need but like the updated look.
But it was the juice capacity that prevented me from buying it, so far.
Thanks.
Going to hold off further than.
Am fine with the larger Nautilus anyhow, even if dated, appearance wise :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Love flavour on the Nautilus. Re-read, u prefer coils in the Triton - hell, whats $20+…Ok, will buy one.
Just wish it held more juice. Thx

1 Like

Nice to see a little action in MTL land.

I bit the bullet and have a Joytech Cubis & RBA on the way. I’m anxious to see how it does as a MTL tank.

I’ll post my thoughts on it, after I’ve had a chance to play with it a bit.

1 Like

Howdy folks, new member here, also a MtL vaper for the most part. Been vaping almost 7 years now and just getting back into mixing.

I use an old EHPro Kayfun Lite clone as an everyday tank; it’s the one with only one air inlet hole and no air flow adjustment. Not a hard draw, kinda like that of a non-filtered cig. I suppose the reason I’ve stuck with this so long is because it’s simple: very few parts, easy to disassemble for cleaning and rewicking and has a decent build deck. The flavor is good and it doesn’t leak.

Ecig Charleston has the Nano version for $9.99. I just ordered two of 'em.

I have two Lemo Drops which I use for non-tobacco flavors since they have glass tanks. Had to put an o-ring over the screw that holds the air flow adjuster since it kept backing off. I also have a Lemo 2 but seldom use it since you have to readjust the air flow every time you fill the tank.

Another atty someone might be interested in: this Achilles clone. It’s kind of unusual, sort of a cross between a dripper and a tank. Holds about 2ml; you screw off the top and fill two juice wells, one on either side of the deck. It’s easy to build on but you need long tails on the wick to reach down into the wells. The one I have has a tight draw, similar to a carto, even with the air flow adjustment screw backed off. The flavor is excellent, it doesn’t leak and it’s surprisingly light for its size. I’d recommend it for lower-wattage use with delicate flavors.

2 Likes

Hey all,
I stumbled across this thread and was glad I did. I’m getting tired of the attention I get from subtanks. I toned it down by making ab1.0 ohm coil. I want to find an actual Mtl Rta as well. I find when I try to do that with the subtank mini it’s somewhat weak in flavor and too hot even turned down a bit. I can’t find many kayfun 4 clones.

Hi Mitch. I’m a MTL vaper and like you a Subtank fan. So much so I spent 4 months trying hundreds of builds on 3 tanks to perfect MTL on a Subtank. I got close, but never happy - the stumbling block was always the large airway IMO, designed for subohm of course.

And then someone suggested I try the Ubertoot UTA2. I sadly couldn’t afford the £140.00 for a genuine, so purchased a clone from FT and I honestly couldn’t be happier. Easier to build on than a Subtank, easy to clean, flavour better than a genuine KFL and it has a draw designed for MTL.The wicking is a little odd to start with as it has huge juice holes (just watch a video but it’s really simple tbh), but once you have done it you will wonder why nobody else uses the same system as it works so well and delivers flavour by the bucket-load - no dry hits or leaks either, ever.

My only regret is that I didn’t discover this tank sooner, it honestly would have saved me a fortune in time and money. Take a look at the link above, read the reviews, and see what you think.

3 Likes

I mentioned these on the 30th of January [quote=“Pattie, post:32, topic:46836”]
The ubertoot and the lemo drop are both good rebuildable mtl’s
[/quote]

4 Likes

I hear that…especially with the Lemo Drop…By the way, have you figured out a way to keep the air flow control from moving around during use?..That’s my one frustration with that RTA…

1 Like

I use ti builds in both my ubertoot and my lemo and both perform great. I just wish I’d found the ubertoot sooner… Great mtl rta.
No problem with the afc on mine, stay’s where i put it on the lemo. Ubertoot is the same. :ok_hand:

As I mentioned above, you can stretch an o-ring over the screw that the AFC ring rides on and push it up against the ring to keep it from turning. Mine hasn’t backed off in over 6 months of use.

IIRC, the one I used was a 1.5 x 5mm, a spare for a Kayfun chimney seal.

OMG…I didn’t pay attention to that…Gotcha…goin to Home Depot today, as luck would have it…Will absolutely pick some up…The LemoDrop is a fantastic flavor Tank, and I haven’t used it in a couple of months due to this problem…been using my Goblin Mini…but would like to blow the dust off my LemoDrop…Thanks for the reminder post here… :slight_smile:

1 Like