Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

My wife and I just binge-watched Broadchurch on Netflix, season 1. We’ll watch season 2 tonight. I’ll tell you those Brits can sure make a great crime drama! If you watched The Killing and liked it you will love Broadchurch.

1 Like

That’s originally a Danish show :wink:

1 Like

Cool. I loved it. And I suspect there is some really great programming in Western Europe that we yanks only get a glimpse of.

I actually just came on this thread to suggest the killing! A friend recommended it to me a couple of months ago and after watching a few episodes I was immediately hooked and watched all three seasons basically in one sitting hahaha the first season is amazing!

1 Like

OMG yes. Broadchurch is so good. I haven’t seen the second season yet, thanks for reminding me!! Forbrydelsen was the Danish version of The Killing. After I finished The Killing, I started watching it. I got through some of it before school started getting time consuming. I need to go back and finish cuz it was really awesome. :smile: Top of the Lake is kinda like those as well, if you need another one to watch.

I just cut the cord and I’m rocking a custom build of kodi… the best thing I’ve done since quitting the stinkies!!! the possibilities of this is almost endless…

2 Likes

I decided to give Fargo a whirl as i have nothing to do while i law here sick. Fantastic show, almost caught up now, 2x06.

1 Like

It’s good TV

My wife and I are sitting here doing Season 2 of Broadchurch. She’s nagging because I “can’t go 5 minutes without checking into that damn juice site” LOL

4 Likes

arrested development! enough said :grinning:

seems to me I have heard that before

3 Likes

OK so lots and lots of good shows here, both the big screen and the small. I’m gonna go out on a bit of a limb here, just a bit and ask, what cha’ll use to watch those shows? I saw netflix mentioned. I want to mention another…It’s called Kodi. If you are not familiar with Kodi, go watch a couple of vids on youtube please. I used it on a computer that I had hardwired to the Big screen for a few years or so. Now, for this last year, I use the Firestick with Kodi side loaded on it. I’m not an expert, but I am a long time user, so if ya’ll have any questions I’ll try to assist.

Mac

3 Likes

Couchtuner
WatchSeries

PutLocker.is for movies

1 Like

I just downloaded all of the seasons of Suits. Have you guys seen that? Watch the first episode and you might just get hooked. I haven’t seen anything since mid season 2. So I am really looking forward to picking back up where I left off. It was my favorite TV show a couple years ago.

1 Like

Wife talked me into watching Revenge on Netflix, not my kind of show but by the second episode I was hooked. We watched all four or five seasons and if you haven’t seen it check it out.
Sons of Anarchy still my all time favorite. Sure got tired of seeing Jax’s ass though!!!

1 Like

I agree. Fantastic show though.

2 Likes

Just finished season 2 of Broadchurch. Before seeing this series the only time I remember seeing Olivia Colman was in Hot Fuzz where she played a rather ditzy little tart, sole female in the police department. I’m just completely mesmerized by her acting abilities. She is so convincing and extraordinarily talanted at expressing emotion. Wow, I haven’t seen an actress this good in I cannot say when.

2 Likes

I’m setting up my third one today I love it just started about a week ago with my first and can’t stop tweaking it I’m glad I’m not the only one…

a little work but worth it

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Same here, started with XBMC on my softmodded Xbox’s which i still use for streaming on some of the older TV’s in the garage and basement. I have a couple quad core Android streaming boxes (MXIII) that run it as well. Fantastic bit of software.

I used to grab stuff from Usenet back in the day and then on to torrents, private trackers, now i stream as much as i DL. I use Yatse as a remote on my phone, wifi based as my phone has no IR blaster.

With some addons you can watch anything with Kodi online.