Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Loved it! That’s when I feel in love with Maggie♡
…this wasn’t that kinda thought provoking, but I do love a good twisted story line like that.
You might also like Upstream Color, or Enter the Void(both on netflix) and both are really good and twisted Wtf movies.

How bout Stranger Than Fiction?
Little unusual story, also with a beautiful tattooed Maggie Gyllenhaal!

1 Like

I never chime in here on the movies/shows thread but since you guys wanna go weird… I felt compelled to contribute…

Warning: The following viewing recommendations are NOT for the mainstream (vanilla) viewers… I tend to tread off the beaten path…

One of my all time favorites; Videodrome. This movie changed my life and is worth a watch for many reasons (James Woods uses his own guts as a VHS player) but above all, Debbie Harry, lead singer from Blondie gets very freaky in this old flick…

I still have this film on VHS

Next up, we have Cube. Another classic and the first movie ever to use cubification as a cause of death. The only other movie I’ve seen do this was the first Resident Evil movie in the entrance way to the Red Queens room. Both versions are epic! Watching this movie alone will make you so claustrophobic you’ll want to go outside just to make sure the sky is still there…

Last but not least… A recent viewing of the Wrong movie was actually refreshing. This one is high on artistic interpretation scenes. This is not for people looking to be spoon-feed a cohesive plot. This one really has no conclusion and it’s riddled with oddities that will leave you perplexed… You’re gonna need a little TLC and a lot of THC to get this one but definitely worth a view…

1 Like

Anyone else watching The Curse of Oak Island? I both love and hate this show. The commentary is annoying as hell as are the setbacks yet i cant stop watching each week.

2 Likes

it’s probably my favorite show of all time I really think they’re onto something there’s gotta be something there!!!

1 Like

That looks sooo awesome!

1 Like

It is a fun show and im really pulling for them as they are Yoopers. All the setbacks… I cant even imagine how frustrating it must be to them, and expensive.

1 Like

Just watched the first episode of Penny Dreadful. Weird as all get out, but very good at the same time.

Loved season 1 of PD. Yeah it’s weird, but you can’t stop watching. Saw the first episode of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. Fun and it looks like they’re putting money into the production. Decent TV show.

1 Like

Perfect timing. Just finished episode 4…ended with two dudes kissing. My wife and I just finished eating Marcos Pizza. Damn near made me upchuck $20 worth. Dayum! :thumbsdown:

That seems to be the trend nowadays. Glad you didn’t regurge the pie!

Yes it does. Which is precisely why I couldn’t make it more than a couple episode of Sense 8. I hear it’s a good show but with all the…well I just couldn’t deal with it.

Watching legends now. I love arrow and the flash and I think it’s really cool they’re using some of the lesser characters. It’s like Doctor Who meets Firefly. I’m really hoping Arthur Darvill makes at least ONE who reference, though. He’s the doctor! Just a wibbly wobbly or sonic something and I’ll be over the moon. Lol.

1 Like

Or a quick glimpse of a Dalek vacuum cleaner in a maintenance closet.

1 Like

This isn’t a TV or Movie program but if any SciFi lovers out there are interested in the NPR Star Wars Radio Play, I just came across it at https://www.humblebundle.com/morebooks. You can name your price for it too! I remember hearing this back in '81 or '82 and loved it. I’m looking forward to listening to it again.

1 Like

Im 3 eps deep into Amazons new show, Mad Dogs. Pretty good so far, some decent actors in it and the story line is interesting.

I think this may well be the future of television. Amazon, Hulu, Netflix - original series. Netflix has some excellent productions.

2 Likes

I hope so, i love having each season released all at once BUT they need to pick up the pace a bit. 10 episode seasons need to be released more than once/year.

1 Like

Just watched the first episode of Penny Dreadful myself. Damn that looks good. And the acting is superb. Watching DC Legends of tomorrow while the rest of season 1 gets here :wink:

I am really trying to get into this DC Legends of Tomorrow, but it’s pretty cloudy in here today :smile:

6 Likes

Damn it man! LOL

2 Likes