Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Love love love the HP movies - thanks for the heads up :smiley:

2 Likes

I Love the films almost (ok not all that almost) as much as I love the books. Thanks for the warning not to get my expectations TOO high

2 Likes

Went to the movies and saw Rush: Time Stand Still. A docu about the rock band Rush. May not appeal to a lot but diehard Rush fans will love it. My 18yo became a huge fan about a year ago and has every album. There were only a handful of people there (mostly middle aged fans like myself) but we were head bopping and sharing concert experiences. We had a great time.

2 Likes

Just finished an Amazon series, Goliath.

Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt give awesome performances, to make this my highlight of TV in 2016

3 Likes

On NETFLIX - Oliver Stone’s Untold History of The United States. In a word…compelling.

4 Likes

Grabbing it now, looking forward to see this!

2 Likes

netflix - marco polo

3 Likes

Another show I really enjoyed is, Into The Badlands. Series 2 starting early next year, so ideal time to catch up with series 1.

Bit like Mad Max meets Hunger Games with some great Martial Arts scenes

2 Likes

Black Mirror

I cannot get enough of this at the moment, only 12 episodes available I think but they are very unique.

Think Twilight Zone for today.

6 Likes

Ya love that show - a little twisted at times (specially if you are a prime minister lol)

I enjoyed ‘Bosch’ - police show if you like em

3 Likes

He had a show by the same name awhile back. Are these new episodes or old ones?

I’ll have to say old ones. I just didn’t see it before.

1 Like

Netflix put up 3 Danish movies/series called “Department Q”

1.keeper of the lost causes
2. The absent one
3. A conspiracy of faith

Pretty good if you’re into crime/thrillers.

1 Like

just finishing up the Tudors on netflix love it wish it would be more than just 4 seasons

2 Likes

ive read all the HP books and watched the movies . harry potter is great ? and i cant wait to see this movie ty for the heads up

1 Like

My Best ever shows Game Of Thrones and Vikings but be prepared to get hooked watched 6 series of Game of thrones in a week very addictive.
And if you want a couple of funny films Inbetweeners 1 & 2

3 Likes

Now out on Netflix:
O Brother where art thou?
If you haven’t seen this check it out.

Loosely based on Homer’s “Odyssey,” the movie deals with the picaresque adventures of Ulysses Everett McGill and his companions Delmar and Pete in 1930s Mississipi. Sprung from a chain gang and trying to reach Everett’s home to recover the buried loot of a bank heist they are confronted by a series of strange characters–among them sirens, a cyclops, bank robber George “Baby Face” Nelson (very annoyed by that nickname), a campaigning governor and his opponent, a KKK lynch mob, and a blind prophet who warns the trio that “the treasure you seek shall not be the treasure you find.”

It’s a classic you need to see.

https://www.netflix.com/search?q=o%20brother%20where%20art%20thou

5 Likes

Got going on this one today. Nice and weird! Thanks for the recommendation @Pugs1970

2 Likes

Some folks were a bit put off by that first episode. I thought it was great (in a horrible, horrible way) but if anyone does get put off by the first one, just keep going. They’re all very different stories, and that one is far from my favorite (White Bear!!!).

2 Likes

welcome brother, you’re right with the weird but man it’s good :wink:

1 Like