Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Westworld. Black Mirror. … if you like rapture drama… The Leftovers…

it was prophetic to say the least
I liked the one with the “Watchers”

I liked the hitchhiker’s guide series a lot although it flattened out a bit towards the end. But i never really got into the Dirk Gently books. Read the first and I’m not even sure anymore if i even finished it. The BBC series didn’t do it for me either so hopefully the netflix version will finally do the trick.

1 Like

The BBC series kinda followed the books, whereas Netflix and Max Landis interpreted it and made something that I think Douglas Adams actually would have liked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ive got a few of the KitKat version boxes, meaning they run Android 4.4. Fantastic boxes not only for internet streaming but from ones own network.

You could also install Kodi on a computer with HDMI and do the same thing.

Umm, Netflix redid Hitchhikers?

1 Like

I have Kodi on my desktop but I’d rather not move it to the TV and the droid box actually runs much smoother. Not to mention a heck of a lot less power consumption. The only thing that sucks with the box is the remote. I picked up a mini keyboard with touchpad for about 15.00 and it works flawlessly. So far I’ve only used it for video. One day I may play around with some apps.

1 Like

Yatse is an excellent Android remote built specifically for Kodi. I agree on the desktop part, nice to have a fanless 5v box that i can leave on 24/7.

Pretty sure they didn’t :slight_smile: They re-interpreted DIrk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency - or did I miss something?! :smiley:

2 Likes

OOOOO, I see now, sorry about that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just watched the one on Netflix, I’m a fan too, shame he’s dead and there will be no more books. :pensive:

1 Like

So sad :confused: The BBC one is actually more true to the books :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll see if I can download it somewhere.

Was the BBC version only 4 episodes? I found a site that has it but it only shows 4.

1 Like

The Man In The High Castle season 2 is just about to be released season 1 was great

Based on Phillip K Dick’s novel by the same name

1 Like

Correct. Only four episodes…

The Beeb does that … gives you enough to get you hooked then makes you wait forever for more !

ugg, might have to sign back up for prime for a bit and binge on that, I loved se1

Oh that reminds me… Have you seen “No heroics”? Same thing… excellent fun but they cancelled it after only one or two seasons.

Which site is that? I can’t find it anywhere, only the radioshows.

I remember when I used to watch Wild, Wild, West with my dad on Sunday mornings. I missed that time in my life.

I know this is not TV, bit I am hooked on listening to Old Time Radio shows. Gunsmoke, Yours Truly Johnny Dollar, X minus One, Ray Bradbury Theatre, just about any show I will have a listen too.

1 Like