Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Ooh. Just watched the first episode of taboo, absolutely brilliant. 1 episode so far, airing on Saturdays in UK . With Tom Hardy who I think is a real talent.

1 Like

really bummed I canā€™t watch that since PS Vue had to drop FX and other Viacom channels.

I watched it on my iPad movie.is

I play and i didnt even know about this, will def be checking this out šŸ–’

1 Like

You paradiddle-do now, you probably know already but all buddy rich tribute concerts available on YouTube are worth a look too.

Youā€™re a multi-talented bugger :wink:

1 Like

Lolā€¦i wouldnt call what i do on a drum kit talentā€¦
I hit shit with sticksā€¦is closer the mark lmao

1 Like

sounds messy

1 Like

Gets everywhere, its a bastard to get out of your hairā€¦

1 Like

at my age hair is a memory

3 Likes

Same here even though I played for like 25 years and was in a few bands. Just watching that first drummer on the movie is enough to make me understand I donā€™t even have rhythm! :slight_smile: The speed and accuracy, not to mention a brain disconnected from oneā€™s limbsā€¦outstanding.

4 Likes

I have a friend like that, he kinda taught me, everytime i hear him play i just want to smash his face in
I played in a band for a while but not much, and i havent played for well over a year
Something id love to get back into though
That and Snowboarding are the 2 things that went by the by when I had spinal surgery

I had fusion myself, L5, S1. Itā€™s never occurred to me that it would interfere with me beating the skins. But like you Iā€™ve given things up. Golf for one. And at the time I got injured I was in the gym 3 days a week and Karate twice a week. Was in such good shape. Thatā€™s been 12 years no and Iā€™ve morphed into a disgusting blob. :frowning:

2 Likes

Yep, 2 stone heavier than i was then, 3 months in bed was to blame kicking that one off, it was fusion i had too, I didnt go too well though, suffered a lot of muscle damage during the op, he did explain it to me but cant say i understood it, I was open a lot longer than i should of been is the top and bottom of it, cant even describe the pain I was in when I came round, that was 4 years ago and its prob only last year i really ā€˜recoveredā€™ ā€¦im at about 80% now and can do a fair bit of heavy liftin if Iā€™m careful, had a jam with my mate last year for an hour or 2 and it hurt but i could prob get a decent saddle chair or high back and rearange the kit slightly and start to practice again, i do miss it a lot? I thought mine was L2 L3 but not sure tbh, dont know where S is?

I had the opposite experience. Iā€™ve been playing guitar for a long time but never properly and i doubt it ever sounded well. But weā€™ve had a lot of fun playing blues and stuff. I had this friend who learned the first steps from me and within a year and a half he reached a level i couldnā€™t dream of reaching myself. He doesnā€™t know a single written note but knows all the scales. Whenever i listened to what he was playing i didnā€™t touch my guitar for a week because it was so depressing to see how quick some people are getting really good.

2 Likes

Well anyone who thinks you or I act like a pansy over back surgery just needs to watch how itā€™s done. At 7:22 the barbaric, nay, medieval practices are on full display. A hammer and chisel? Come on man!

FML I canā€™t believe I went straight to 7.22ā€¦:scream:

Not sure if itā€™s been mentioned before and Iā€™m too lazy to check but Iā€™m pretty much addicted to ā€œAloneā€. Just watched the latest episode. I wouldnā€™t make it 3 days.

I might be late to the party with this one, but I stayed up until 2:30 AM watching In-Betweeners. What a hilarious show!

2 Likes

There are 2 movies as well lol

1 Like