Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

:+1::+1:!!

1 Like

If you like MU Films then Dr Strange is fucking awesome, but wait for the 2 end credit scenes šŸ–’
Last night watched The Arrival which is also very clever and very good, not a massive Amy Adams fan but she was very good in that šŸ–’
And also went to a private viewing of Passengers last week with the girl who plays the voice of the ship, shes an old friend of mine, i wasnt expecting to like it as much as i did due to the mixed reviews but i thought it was pretty damned good šŸ–’

2 Likes

Iā€™m onto the 4th episode of this series The Break on Netflix. Really liking it so far. If you liked the Killing and Marcella, I think this is for you too :+1:

Cool. Iā€™ll put it on my list.

Just starting Santa Clarita Diet. Looks weird and fun.

2 Likes

Cool. I have that on my list too .

1 Like

@SthrnMixer and @MisterSinner I am 5 or 6 eps into SCD and loving it, taking a break from it though to dig back into more penny dreadful at the moment

2 Likes

Some of the people involved in that heist are out of jail now. A friend of mine in Charlotte went to pick up his daughter from a play date and recognized one of the criminals.

My favorite part of that whole event was them moving from a double wide to a huge house with a wine cellar. They filled the wine cellar with Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer :laughing:

2 Likes

I made it through 2 episodes last night and had to turn it off. Iā€™m sure itā€™s probably like a lot of other series with bad acting - it gets better. But I canā€™t be too sure. I learned to enjoy Timothy Oliphant for his role as Rayland Givens in Justified. Great show and he had a lot of coolness and swagger. In this show, however, both his and Drew Barrimoreā€™s acting seem like the desperation to hang onā€¦that dying flame. Kind of disappointed.

@MisterSinner so after those two episodes I turned on The Break. I canā€™t think of a single subtitled movie or show that Iā€™ve ever been able to sit through. Made it about 15 mins :frowning: But for anyone who can handle that, it seems like it would be great. (in English :wink: ).

God I hate post-football television! Come on baseball!!!

2 Likes

Hahaaaaaaa I gotcha. :laughing:

Yeah, me too. Not much of a basketball fan since the Jordan era so baseball is all I look forward to this time of year.

My feelings on SCD are the same as yours. I get the feeling that Oliphant and Barrymore are trying too hard to make me like it.

Film wise just watched Hacksaw Ridge Great movie , and currently just started watching the series Black Sales about how Long John Silver came about. It looks like it has potential after 1st episode.

1 Like

YOUNG POPE, is anyone watching this ??? im on 3rd episode and unsure of ot so far there have been 8 episodes im wondering if it gets better

i want to see that hacksaw ridge but its only for sale right now ill wait a coupe more weeks and it will be on sale for VUDU i like buying the movies for 9.99 instead of renting for 5.99

Walking Dead is back on tonightā€¦ yeeha! Negan is turning the show around all sort of ways!

3 Likes

CAW! :bird: Salutations from across the audio/visual Realms to my realm traveling brethren! I like good detective shows, even the dark ones.:milky_way: I have found a new British Detective story, on Amazon, that I have almost caught up watching all available shows. I recommend this for those who like the British Detective genre. :ok_hand: YES it is a young ā€œInspector Morseā€ but it surprised me. You also donā€™t have to be a fan of ā€œInspector Morseā€ to enjoy them. The shows stand on their own and I found production quality, camera work, plot(s) (there are some on-going ones), music, direction, and acting to be on a par of what I like! :+1: It is called ā€œEndeavourā€. ā€œEndeavourā€

I hope someone else out there tries this and likes it. :peace: :heart: & CAW!

1 Like

Anyone got any good reccomendations for a series of shows. I am going to be laid up for at least a week from surgery. So good time to catch up on shows.

1 Like

what do you like ??? Tudors on netflix is good

1 Like

Frontier on Netflix was decent. Long overdue for a series that focuses on Huron, Iroquois and European settlers. Itā€™s brutal and sad.

And It follows if you feel like you need scare.

Seen that. Firefly was great. SOA, Game of Thrones was awesome. I am looking for SCI FI or western. I am up for anything really

1 Like

Deadwood or Hell On Wheels if you havenā€™t seen them.

2 Likes