Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

@JoJo , you are speaking my language !!!

I’ve actually been having VERY good luck with the Amazon Originals. The Man in the High Castle was EXCELLENT … Watch The Man in the High Castle - Season 1 | Prime Video
Then we moved onto Sneaky Pete which also was very good … Watch Sneaky Pete - Season 1 | Prime Video

And am now into Fortitude, which is MORE than excellent … Watch Fortitude Season 1 | Prime Video

Many/most of those ^^^^ are free with Prime.

3 Likes

Just watched Hidden Figures. Excellent film - worth a look for sure.

3 Likes

lol i just watched it last night , it is a very good movie

1 Like

Watch the white queen before white princess?

3 Likes

Just got back from the cinema and Guardians of the galaxy vol 2…LOVED it lol…

5 Likes

I re-watched the White Queen as a refresher on that story before watching the first two episodes of White Princess, and I got confused and had trouble connecting who the characters were in relation to the White Queen. I think having different actors, and their interpretation of the characters, is what threw me off. I had the same trouble with Atlas Shrugged using different actors for the lead roles in each movie. Watching the White Queen first would help make sense of some the things they say in the White Princess, but I don’t think it is necessary to see it first if you know the background story leading to the White Princess. Whether you watch it first or not, definitely watch the White Queen at some point. I’ve viewed it several times and enjoyed it each time.

3 Likes

Went ahead and started white queen this afternoon. 4 episodes in. It’s pretty good.

3 Likes

We binged all of Gallatica over a week or two…
It was all really good, but it was A LOT of episodes. It was a really good one for both me and my wife, something for everyone.

2 Likes

For me it’s the OA on Netflix, there’s supposed to be a new season coming out at some point…

3 Likes

I enjoyed the OA. Decent story line.

4 Likes

Visually interesting, soundtrack is borderline annoying, and not sure if there is a story to it. Managed to get through the first two episodes. I’m gonna give it one more episode before I decide on a thumbs up or down. Anybody else watching it, any thoughts?

4 Likes

Good on both of you. Glad you enjoyed it all. I wish they would come up with another scifi-drama with the production values that Galactica had. As sacrilegious as it sounds, I enjoyed it far more than any of the Star Trek TV series.

1 Like

Watched both episodes, but so far…meh. I’ll give it a few more before I decide to watch or drop.

1 Like

I started watching The Handmaid’s Tale. I love me some dystopian fiction. It’s really good.

3 Likes

If anyone’s planning to watch Alien Covenant …and is expecting a Prometheus 2…you’re going to be very disappointed, what a pile of shit :rage:

4 Likes

Damnit! I was looking forward to that.

2 Likes

Bugger so was I.

1 Like

Scott has completely buckled to the negative press that Prometheus got, I was so intrigued by the engineers story and the whole sending Jesus back etc…nothing…the only time you see the engineers is in a 15 second flashback daydream…no Shaw…no searching for answers…the whole thing is basically about David being a bit weird…such a let down.

2 Likes

Ahhhh crap, loved Prometheus, put up with the Alien Trilogy, and now …

1 Like

I’m 3 and 0 with Amazon Prime Original Series. This makes 4.

3 Likes