Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Ive been watching all the old Gojira and Kaiju movies. As a kid I used to sit up late at night and watch Godzilla movies on channel 32 (out of Chicago), nice to watch them without all the static.

EDIT: I skipped ahead a bit, i was watching by release year, to the 1998 release of Godzilla. This is my least favorite, not for the acting as it was perfectly rigid and “dubbed” like. I just wasnt a fan of the story and i prefer the miniature sets and Godzilla suits to CGI.

4 Likes

I have one more episode of the White Queen to watch, then it’s on to the White Princess. Enjoying it very much so far.

1 Like

That was some weird shite I have just watched, but strangely compelling.

1 Like

I read band of brothers, and I watched some of the show, but I don’t know why I didn’t get into it. Maybe I should should give it another shot. I enjoy watching shows and movies, and reading books about WW2. What an awful, horrific event in history, but tales of soldiers that made it and holocaust survivors, or anything set in the WW2 era, even fiction, I find incredibly interesting.

2 Likes

“Fury” with Brad Pitt …great WWII movie …not new

3 Likes

Inglorious Bastards, also Brad Pitt, was so good!

1 Like

I need to see this one. I remember it coming out, but kind of forgot about it.

great movie and cast they all did an exceptional job ty for reminding me i need to watch that one again

2 Likes

Young Pope! Oh my gosh, I love,

love, loved it!!

1 Like

Just finished watching season 3 of iZombie on Netflix, that is an awesome show! I highly recommend!

I like the OA, stranger things, orange is the new black, bates motel, the 100, Santa Clarita Diet, Glow, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Girl boss, Riverdale, Cable Girls & Hemlock Grove. I watched all of these on Netflix.

On cable, I am a Game of Thrones geek! I read the books first, then watched it. I wasn’t sure where they were going to go with it last season, since the 6th book didn’t come out yet. I did not see the season premier yet, and I am highly looking forward to it!

I also like Shameless. That show kills me!

And I loved Young Pope as mentioned above. I miss True Blood so bad! I loved Sons of Anarchy, Harley and the Davidsons, Breaking Bad (currently watching Better call Saul), Mad Men, Pretty little liars. I could keep going!!

I am wondering about some of the other Netflix originals like Sense 8.

Just started watching The Ranch with Ashton Kutcher and so far pretty good!

1 Like

Me too! I will read and watch just about anything related to WWII.

1 Like

I watched “Taken”, the TV-series, and I found it sufficiently entertaining :slight_smile: They’re a bit dumb sometimes, but all in all, it’s a nice turn-your-brain-off TV-show :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just watched The Gambler with Mark Wahlberg (Mark Wahlberg…mmmmm :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart: :yum: ) last night. AMAZING movie. Adorable ending. I won’t spoil it, but I will say that his gambling habits had me on the edge of my seat with my jaw dropped. I highly recommend this movie!

4 Likes

Sneaky Pete on Amazon is really good. Can’t wait for season 2 to drop.

1 Like

I’m not sure I would recommend this show…to anybody, but while typing in Twin Peaks in Netflix, a documentary called ‘Life 2.0’ popped up, so I started watching it. In walks my husband, so he starts watching it and 5 minutes in we are both ‘what the hell’ing’.

2 Likes

If you haven’t watched Ozark on Netflix yet - Do it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreed! Best show I’ve seen so far 2017

4 Likes

Jason Bateman is so good! :slight_smile: He’s also directing it! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yep :grinning: Love seeing him in a serious role. He better win some awards for this one for sure.

2 Likes

Should be in my Netflix mail in the next day or two. Thanks for the suggestion.

3 Likes