Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

No Sneaky Pete in Europe so I started watching The Mist, based on a short story by Stephen King.
The story scared the hell out of me when I read it.
Just watched the first episode and I’m hooked.
There are a lot more characters than in the book and it is looking promising so far.

4 Likes

Where’d ya find this???

2 Likes

European Netflix, it looks like you lot got Sneaky Pete and we got The Mist :grin:

3 Likes

I guess I’ll check out Sneaky Pete, then!

3 Likes

Time to be scared. Season premiere of AHS tonight on FX. :scream_cat:

5 Likes

Going to recommend our FIFTH Amazon Original Series… Red Oaks !!!

2 Likes

Just watched it… quite confusing… Donald Trump and scary clowns. Excellent atmosphere though.

3 Likes

I wish they would leave politics out of it. I don’t find it entertaining. But yeah it left you wondering what’s real or delusion. I’m glad they brought back Twisty. And that nanny’s definitely got an agenda. Very creepy for sure. :clown_face:

3 Likes

Have to check that one out. I’m a Paul Resier fan. People used to tell me I was just as neurotic.

2 Likes

Yeah, stupid AF, but mostly kinda hilarious. I think it’s made to be watched after a puff puff pass :slight_smile: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’m sure you’re right. I’ll have to wait until they start selling it retail and re-watch :grin:

3 Likes

I recommend you read a book instead. Buy it used, get the popcorn, soda hell even order a pizza. Have a glass of wine if you like. Now you’ve spent half of what it costs to go the movies and you still have half a book to read with leftovers to do it again in a day or so.

And the best part is that you can vape openly while you read and enjoy the comfort of your own home

5 Likes

May i just add to that: Don’t read a book when you’ve seen the film already. That gives you all the images from the film and you can’t imagine the scenery and the people yourself. This is what i most enjoy when i read a book. And if you watch the film afterwards you can complain about how terrible the choice of actors was.

6 Likes

Depends on the talent of the author IMHO

2 Likes

OZARK!! Money laundering 101

4 Likes

We watched both as well. I really liked What happened to Monday!

2 Likes

Loved Ozark!

3 Likes

The Mist is available on Demand with Comcast!! About to watch now!

3 Likes

I’ve watched the first 3 or 4 episodes. Is it not one of those where nothing really happens? Always the same method of creating tension and no progress in the story. I’ll wait for the season to finish so i can binge watch it, there is some potential so maybe I’m wrong and it turns out great.

3 Likes

i agree and thats funny because i do that everytime i read a book then watch the movie , especially the Harry Potter books lol

2 Likes