Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

I remember the title but not the show. Gonna have to Kodi-fy it.

2 Likes

Itā€™s still a good watch

2 Likes

If you were a True Blood fan, which I miss so much, there is a show Midnight, Texas that started about 6 weeks ago. Both shows are based on books written by Charlaine Harris. I wonā€™t say itā€™s anywhere near True Blood, but itā€™s good. Easier to understand if youā€™ve read any of her books.

I really liked Girlboss on Netflix, guys, sorry, this one is more for the Ladies.

And, who wants to talk about the Season Finale of Game of Thrones?? First, whatā€™s with the short season? Second, that was incredible to watch at the end. I had to rewatch a few times, but so, so bad! And the info on John Snow! Holy Moly!! I often thought that was his mom, and Ned Stark being him, stepped in. But not the scenario that I ever would have guessed! I canā€™t believe we have to wait a whole year for more!! I donā€™t wanna!!!

5 Likes

I am so incredibly mad about the short season!!! :rage::rage::rage:
I NEED MORE!!!

5 Likes

Iā€™m still waiting for book 6 to come out and he was talking about a possible book 7.
He doesnā€™t write very fast so thatā€™ll be a long wait. :unamused:
I want to read all the books first before watching the series.

2 Likes

We own the first five, but I havenā€™t read them yet. From what I understand, the show doesnā€™t 100% completely follow the books. We didnā€™t even watch it until we binge watched the first 6 seasons last summer. Perhaps itā€™s time to start reading!

5 Likes
5 Likes

Apparently itā€™s a trend! Soon all of Westeros will be doing it!! :joy:

3 Likes

I have read all of the books, and the show had been very true to them. I understand a lot more from having read ahead. I will warn you that they arenā€™t always the page turners you would expect. The story is amazing, genius! But the writing style can be dry. Will I read book 6? Of course! Lol! Will I be excited, but probably get frustrated and throw the book across the room a few few times? Of Course! Lol! (Mental note, buy paperback edition, not kindle or hardcover! :joy:).

6 Likes

I do to!! (Stomping my feet and pouting :tired_face:)

3 Likes

Iā€™ve read all 5 years ago, the first one paperback and the rest audiobooks and I really enjoyed them.
I havenā€™t seen any of the series yet because I want to finish all the books first.
I did the same with Dexter, read all the books before watching the series and Iā€™m glad I did. Apart from season one it was totally different from the books and I would have gotten confused :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I didnā€™t even know Dexter was based on books!! I already watched them, but it has been so long that I donā€™t remember much. So reading now might be good, the rewatching.

I am glad you know what they are like. I enjoyed them too, or I would not have kept reading. Just at times, I thought ā€œok, enough, get to the point hereā€. I would say having read the first 5 books, you could technically watch the first 3 or 4 seasons without ruining anything for yourself. If you wanted to, of course. I know itā€™s a long wait!

3 Likes

I would have to reread the first 5 books anyway before reading book 6 cause Iā€™ve forgotten most of it :laughing:
The Dexter books are really good, I can recommend them.

Iā€™m binge watching American Horror Show now, currently at season 3 but I must say that I find it more funny than horror :wink:

3 Likes

I will check out the Dexter books when I am in my next reading mood. I go through phases of reading, coloring, sewing, crafting. Coloring mostly right now.

I can understand needing to reread the first 5 before the 6th! Thatā€™s quite an undertaking!!

I love American Horror Story. I am such a baby though, lol! Itā€™s not the horror that scares me, but things that pop out suddenly make me jump. I still enjoy the stories though! Some seasons are much better than others!!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why I switched to audiobooks. Iā€™m an insomniac and have an iPod next to my bed and it reads to me to get through the hours I donā€™t sleep.
I can tell you I go through a lot of books very fast :laughing:
They are also very nice when I go through a knitting phase, you can do both at the same time :wink:

I loved asylum.

2 Likes

I never thought of that! I am often up at all hours of the night as well. I could listen while doing any of the other things I do to pass those lonely hours by!

I loved Asylum too!

2 Likes

I miss Dexter. Such a great show to take notes on (joking!). I actually read the books after the show and it didnā€™t ruin either for me.

5 Likes

American Vandal, new show on Netflix. Itā€™s hilarious! I donā€™t know if itā€™s meant to be, but it is!

3 Likes

Halfway through at the moment, I really like it and it has its funny moments, but more of a satire than a flat out comedy for me. Reminds me a bit of Making a Murderer in its style, but in a ā€˜mockumentaryā€™ format.

Still got to wait 6 weeks before I can binge watch Series 4 of Halt & Catch Fire :disappointed:

Also just binge watched 2 series of Preacher, it is one weird, batshit crazy, mad show. Absolutely loved it.

Going to give El Chapo ago next as I enjoyed Narcos so much. As series 2 is starting Monday

2 Likes

Great, we just got hooked on ANOTHER one. Took about an episode or two, before it became too late.

4 Likes