New Recipe Showcase (2015-2016)

what is absinthe what does it taste like??

Itā€™s a liquor that tastes like a mild liquid licorice.

1 Like

black or red?

1 Like

Iā€™m having a serious sense of deja vu hereā€¦black. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I taste nothing but black licorice in TFAā€™s absinthe there may be more notes but my senses do not pick them up.

1 Like

Have to weigh in on the absinthe discussion. I tried a recipe for Irish Fairy using LorAnnā€™s Absinthe and the smell alone made my eyes water. I made two additional batches without the absinthe and mixed it up hoping to salvage it and it didnā€™t work. The LorAnns flavoring is SUPER strong so unless you really like the black licorice type flavor I suggest you experiment with lesser percentages or youā€™ll end up with a drainer.

Mixed this up on a whim, and itā€™s really really good!!
Might be an ADV for anyone loving fruit flavored juice.

6 Likes

Oh your an Angel I see a few flavors I love and wouldnā€™t think of putting together. Hmm may have to make a pizza tonight ā€¦ A fruit one !

1 Like

Iā€™m getting a good chuckle going just on the names new drip ! Lol. They look so good hope they turn out great for ya.

1 Like

I did my finger tip test on this one and it tastes just like Lemon cakeā€¦ I believe this may be a winner. That little bit of OC TPA really make the lemon shine. Canā€™t wait for the full steep.

I have something to say that might be interesting. Itā€™s in response to your wanting to trust or find good recipes on the site without sifting through so many. I was new to the site about 2 months ago. What I did was I copied and pasted all the 5-star recipes I could find eliminating the ones I might not like. Iā€™d look at the ingredients in each one, and in my case Iā€™d leave out the recipes with menthol for example. Each person has his own preferences. I put all the recipes I copied and pasted into a Word document within a Table. I spent a bit of time formatting the document to make it less pages. Then one day, I sorted the recipes by the ingredient with the highest percentage. I put that before the name of the recipe. Then I sorted the document. So, what I ended up with was a 15 page Word document with 5 star recipes in order of main ingredient. Finally, one day I just browsed and copied about 12 of the recipes into another document and I printed it. Iā€™ve been making the ejuice, letting them steep 2 weeks and trying them out. The big info isā€¦ Iā€™ve made 10 and out of that, only 2 I didnā€™t care for. And it turns out I pondered them, added another ingredient and I like them too. This is all the honest truth. I ended up where all were vape-able and enjoyable. Out of it, I have my 4 favorites and probably about 5 I will not repeat, but they were okay. I think thatā€™s a pretty high/good outcome. Of course, some people are harder to please. But, anyone that has tried any of them have said yummy, yummy.

9 Likes

That is a real good system. Iā€™d like to see the ones you liked bestā€¦ would mind linking them please?

2 Likes

Me too joya maybe you could start a thread about 5 star recipes you found wonderful :star2:Iā€™m interested!

2 Likes

Some of those sound very good! Gonna have to try a couple.

Okay, stupid question ā€¦ What is Gmix?

3 Likes

Joya,

That document/ spreadsheet you did, would you mind sharing it. Pretty please. :smile:

Itā€™s a tag I use to identify my recipes. These are all works in progress. Most come out good but sometimes they flop. I post these and also post my progress and the end results. I would love to collaborate or get suggestions and comments on these mixes. @Amy2 has helped me fix a few.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s new dripā€™s handle for his juicy juice !

1 Like

Naaaaah, thatā€™s not it at all, heā€™s just got a thing for Gs, you know,

Gmix, Gnome, Gforce, Gstringā€¦lol

4 Likes

I like how a couple of those look, but how can we rate them if we canā€™t view the recipes? Clicking the links comes up with a ā€œThis recipe is marked as privateā€

The rating function is for completed and vaped mixes. These are incomplete. I donā€™t think you rate a recipe from how it looks. I will release these and mark them WIP.

1 Like