Real Flavors! All Natural VG Based Flavors

If you need an IT guy Walt, let me know. I’m in the market for a new job.

3 Likes

I’ll work in the Irish branch so they have the EU covered too :wink:

4 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors
I realize you are probably still not back yet walt I was just in the throws of ordering a few more flavors from you guys and the shipping stopped me

2 Likes

Lol. Did you select around the world shipping?

3 Likes

Lmao
There was no other shipping options.

Did you order over a ton of flavours perhaps? Lol, or is Barack Obama flying airforce one for the last time to oz personally, then delivering the parcel on a velvet pillow. They are the only options I can think of, obviously.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! I just got back from a much needed vacation ha.

So it seems like the international shipping is acting up for some people, sorry woftam.

DHL’s API seems not to be working well and USPS is just crap ha.

I will manually be putting in rates by hand but it will take a bit. Best thing to do is start a live chat or submit a ticket with your order number. Myself or someone else can do the order and put the real shipping in for you.

8 Likes

Cheers Walt will check back in a bit (I am out and about atm)

2 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors Totally off-topic, but i just saw this bizarre tweet and immediately thought of you, haha. :joy: :relaxed: :meat_on_bone: https://twitter.com/kfc/status/815354107015806976

Happy New Year everyone :hugging: …i haven’t posted here since last YEAR! :stuck_out_tongue: :heart:

6 Likes

How you doing @Lovebag? Have missed ya :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Doing well @Lolly :hugging: How are you?? i missed you too :kissing_heart:

i have a new recipe to share later tonight. It uses a Capella flavour and an RF extract / super-concentrate! Been vaping it all day since before Christmas till now…it’s good. :relaxed: Just need to go to the mall first so i can buy and photograph what it’s supposed to taste like! It’s something that will likely be familiar to Canadians but leave others going “huh?” So yeah, haha. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :heart:

2 Likes

Fried Chicken Tomato Pizza? :speak_no_evil: You really put in some effort, photographing and all. I like you. :+1:

3 Likes

i may have to wait until morning to get decent lighting for photos…but until then, to give you an idea of the incredible flavour i stumbled across (and shouldn’t have, with this mix) here you go. :wink:

:snowflake: :christmas_tree: :hugging: :heart: :snowflake:

3 Likes

Huh? :grin:

3 Likes

I’m all good thank you lovely! :kissing_heart:

Very excited to hear about your recipe :smiley:

2 Likes

Ace! :heart: Apologies for the delay, folks…most of my pictures came out badly. Hard to get good lighting and clear shots sometimes.

OK so there’s a pricey popcorn place here in Canada called Kernels. They’re almost always found in shopping malls. It’s costly, so not an everyday treat…but one could argue hey, it’s a friggin’ fancy treat. It’s nothing like what you’d find in movie theatres. These are either really nicely-done candied popcorns, or savoury (coated with a savoury powder…salt and vinegar, for example). i swear, every time you walk near a Kernels in the mall and half a dozen shops away, you can smell them popping fresh popcorn…omg. :bride_with_veil: Delicious.

Anyway! i hadn’t gone in years…but have visited the location above three times since just before Christmas. :joy: Why? Because this liquid had me craving it! :kissing_heart: To me, it tastes exactly like Kernels’ Double Butter popcorn. It’s one of their most famous and popular flavours. Oddly enough, Double Butter isn’t buttered like you would picture from the name, haha…it’s candied. You would think some sort of light buttery caramel or something if you saw it. (What am i saying…there’s a photograph below! :stuck_out_tongue:) i suppose there may actually be butter in the candy coating they use? But by sight and/or taste, you’d never think “butter”. It’s a weirdly named flavour…we’re weird up here. :relaxed:

Double Butter is candied enough to be notably heavier than ordinary popcorn, but light enough to not be sickly sweet or too much. Can you imagine my surprise when a random e-liquid experiment created the same taste?? :open_mouth:

[quote]Kernels’ Double Butter Popcorn #1
Mixed on: December 18, 2016
Amount: 400 drops
PG: 65% | VG: 35%
Flavouring: 5.75%
5.0% CAP Cereal 27
0.75% RF Shortbread extract / super-concentrate
Nicotine Level: 23 mg/mL
Device: ProVari (2.0)
Atomizer: Nautilus (crosshatch metal-and-glass replacement tank) with a 1.8 ohm head[/quote]

“This is Kernels!” Sometimes a short note says it all. :relaxed: Started vaping it on December 22nd and by December 28th the bottle was gone. Mixed up a second one on Christmas Day with a slightly different recipe: 5% CAP Cereal 27, and 1% Real Flavors’ Shortbread extract. The difference, if any, was negligible. That’s all gone now too haha. :stuck_out_tongue: i will say that it’s high time i broke out a new Nautilus head…you can only use one for so long before flavours start to lose clarity. :robot: Will do so as soon as i finish this last tank’s worth.

Steeping: i would say this benefits from a relatively short steep (3 to 4 days).

Temperature: i did notice that the flavour of this liquid (for me) seems to shine best at 4.4 volts. That’s lower than my usual 4.8 but yeah. It’s very subjective of course…just including it in case someone finds it helpful info. This is already a weird mix with only 35% VG and 23 mg/mL of nic haha. So you’ll need to fiddle. :joy:

In my experience so far with RF’s Shortbread extract (i’ve had a standalone bottle steeping at 2.25% since December 15th), it’s good but certainly not a strong, pungent flavour like some of RF’s. CAP’s Cereal 27 is very pungent without being unpleasantly strong…you can easily smell it well from the outside of the bottle, haha.

In any case you need both of these together, to achieve that special Kernels’ Double Butter popcorn taste. The RF Shortbread extract lends a soft sweetness and je ne sais quois to this. It alters the CAP Cereal 27…which i can tell would not be the same on its own, despite being the ‘dominant’ flavour. Somehow when they combine, magic happens. It’s a weird surprise, this mix…given that neither of these were intended to impart such a flavour. Best of all, no diketones in these! Another surprise, given what it ends up tasting like, haha. :popcorn: Just goes to show: you can get sweet, buttery candy-coated popcorn without diacetyl or butyric acid! :stuck_out_tongue:

Suppose i shouldn’t be too surprised. i made some shortbread dough up before Christmas, and it’s pretty simple. Cream 1 cup (250 mL) of butter. Stir in two-thirds of 1 cup of brown sugar. Stir in 2 cups of all-purpose flour. Double this recipe for double the dough. :wink:

Boom. :bride_with_veil: Given the ingredients, perhaps it’s not so crazy this liquid turned out as it did. If anything the lack of diketones is more of a (pleasant) surprise.

That’s all for now. :slight_smile: i’m already about to start my third bottle of the stuff and show no signs of stopping. So i highly recommend you get these two flavourings and have fun! :kissing_heart: i may experiment further with RF/CAP ratios on this one but i think i’ve found my long-term mix. :heart:

P.S. Sharing this pic once more because i bought a bag and it was damn good. :laughing:

It’s creamy caramel pieces (relatively similar to Double Butter) with red raspberry ones. i might try taking the established Kernels Double Butter e-liquid and with a smidge of raspberry and caramel (???) coming up with Christmas Cheer! :heart:

9 Likes

I do love reading your posts! And now I’ll have to add those two concentrates to my growing shopping list because it sounds lush! Nice work lovely :hugs:

5 Likes

Aha! So that’s was it. Done huh’ing now - this looks simple and tasty. Guess you can add a little something for caramel popcorn :stuck_out_tongue: Wait, isn’t @Pugs1970 on the lookout for popcorn?

Great descriptive post! :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks @anon60225325! :hugging: i would argue that it’s…borderline caramel popcorn already. Albeit a lighter, buttery (??) variety of caramel that just happens to taste like Kernels. In retrospect, i suppose the popcorn aspect shouldn’t be too surprising either, given Cereal 27 is supposed to be corn flakes.

i have RF’s Caramel extract already so perhaps i’ll try an experiment. i feel like it’s already pretty much where i want it to be though…like you said, it’s simple and tasty! Satisfies the sweet tooth without needing sweeteners etc, which is a nice surprise. i never expected a dessert/snack sweet vape from this mix, let alone the distinctive taste of this Kernels candied popcorn! Nice treat. :relaxed:

Caramel is one of those things that has a wide range, from light and buttery to deep and dark. i’m not a huge fan of actual, dark caramel because my teeth aren’t great. :robot: :relaxed: But by all means, i encourage you all to experiment too! The Cereal 27 is definitely the ‘dominant’ flavour, as i said earlier…whereas the RF Shortbread extract changes it enough to create this Canadian popcorn mix. :slight_smile: i would probably be very sparing with any Caramel flavouring, given the above conditions. At least to start with.

Meanwhile…my all-RF “Juicy Chicken Sandwich #1” has been steeping away since December 17th! :open_mouth: All i can tell you so far is that while mixing it up was a very unpleasant experience (my God, the smell of the Baked Bread extract :mask:) …i just shook the bottle and smelled it for the first time since, and omg it actually smells really good! :blush: i feel way more at ease about trying it now in a week or so. Just goes to show: don’t judge a flavour by its initial scent. :joy:

i’m glad you liked the post. Think i’ll get dressed and go buy a coffee :coffee: …it’s freezing cold outside, but i need coffee! i’m doing work today that requires it, haha. Big pile of 200+ items to tackle and so far i’ve done about 40…back to the salt mines soon. Hope you’re all having a great day. :hugging: :heart:

3 Likes

OMG…that sounds like what I am looking for, I’ve totally given up on it and I miss it sooo much…

Can’t get RF extract though :rage:@Lolly next time you order I’m in :grin::ok_hand:

Well up for trying this one :thumbsup:

5 Likes